PDA

View Full Version : clones,

Germanator
27-07-13, 02:39 AM
* When do you need to add the scrog/remove it.
* When is the latest stage you are able to take a clones of your plant.

* also the last question needs some more of an explanation and it links in with the 2nd question, so here we go...
I am planning on taking clones of my plant so I can get a faster crop cycle going, the thing is I I will be using my grow tent to dry my weed is there any kind of way starting the clones without them having to be stuck in a dark growtent?

I was thinking if at the time i have the money granted, about getting a small BudBox 75 x 75 x 100cm, and just add some LED'S for it to grow till the grow tent is ready. correct me if I am wrong, but the plants dont tent to smell till flowering stage, so i could get away with not having an extractor fan and carbon filter in the BudBox,

DaveyJones
27-07-13, 07:00 AM
Imo they always smell, worse during flowering but certain strains have heavy aromas even in veg.
Read the novice section, all your questions have been answered tenfold there already :)

babybud3232
27-07-13, 09:50 AM
clones can be taken at anytime but if taken from a flowering plant they will take longer to root/reveg the later into flower the longer it takes imo ,..... can't you rig up a lil clone box with cfls as they don't need loads of light just yet , that way you still got drying space ... strain dependent plants will stink in veg or not ,I always have carbon filter on you won't know if its a stinker in veg until you've grown it

VMAX
27-07-13, 10:19 AM
Check the link in my sig, saving clones. may be of some help to you.

DaveyJones
27-07-13, 10:34 AM
During the preflower stretch is the best time to take clones if I'm to believe what I've read here :)

Germanator
27-07-13, 12:47 PM
thing is am i am looking to taking the clones maybe one or 2 weeks before harvesting

Germanator
27-07-13, 12:56 PM
Check the link in my sig, saving clones. may be of some help to you.

thanks helped a lot like

DaveyJones
27-07-13, 02:53 PM
thing is am i am looking to taking the clones maybe one or 2 weeks before harvesting

They'll need a while to reveg and root, and then you have to veg them for a couple of weeks before you can flower them.
Better to take them right at the start of flower and you'll have (strain dependant) a good 8 weeks to root and veg before your flowering plants are done.

Alzy
27-07-13, 03:29 PM

It will take 7-?? Days For the clones to root and then to revert back to veg again when potted will take 2-3 weeks again.
So your looking at a month minimum to get them back to normal.
I don't use a separate tent anymore, just my prop and a light ontop.
The link below to my current grow I have had to use clones that were taken in flower and there just coming back to producing 5fingered leaves and growing upwards.
Don't forget you need a fan to extract air and a circulating fan for another tent so more expense.

ATB

🐸
Check out the scrog
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=100889