PDA

View Full Version : All Organic-ratios??

REDEYE_420
20-05-09, 09:51 PM
Hi does anybody have any tried and tested completely Organic soil ratios? Either in Pots or straight into the ground.

Peace.
REDEYE_420

wert
21-05-09, 10:38 AM
don't get the q .
do you mean nutes or organic soil amendments(additives)?
there are a few people here who grow organic that can help.

REDEYE_420
21-05-09, 02:24 PM
don't get the q .
do you mean nutes or organic soil amendments(additives)?
there are a few people here who grow organic that can help.

Alright geez-er i meant wot ratios do peeps recommend for soil base ie how much of each:
organic soil
guano
worm casts
epsom salts
trichoderma.
Hope that makes it clearer.
Peace.

wert
21-05-09, 03:26 PM
i use 65%universal compost
25%wormcastings
10%perlite
i treat the roots everytime i pot up with bio vam(contains trichoderma and mychoriza)they are given compost teas about every 2/3 weeks and a dose of epsom salts about halfway through flowering .
do not use chemical nutes if you are growing organic as they kill all the microlife in the soil.

REDEYE_420
21-05-09, 04:51 PM
i use 65%universal compost
25%wormcastings
10%perlite
i treat the roots everytime i pot up with bio vam(contains trichoderma and mychoriza)they are given compost teas about every 2/3 weeks and a dose of epsom salts about halfway through flowering .
do not use chemical nutes if you are growing organic as they kill all the microlife in the soil.

Nice one for the reply wert. Outve curiosity what do you put in your organic tea? Nah i dont use the chems anymore my friend-all about the organics now.

Canna organic soil (got canna coco coir,clay pebbles & trichoderma in it too)
Canna organic veg/bloom nutes
Bat poop
Molasses
Thats what im using at the mo. What do you use the epsom salts for-PH levels??

Tay
21-05-09, 04:58 PM
epsom salts = magnesium sulphate. speaks for it's self;)

at a guess, i'd say wert just soaks his compost mix (soil, worm casts) in warm water for a few hours, strains it out and uses as a drench. again that was just a guess... it's similar to what i'd do but you'll probly want to wait till he answers:p

wert
21-05-09, 05:02 PM
my compost tea mix is worm castings, mollasses,fish mix(or bat guano),seaweed extract, bubble for about 24hrs strain and dilute use as soil drench or foliar spray.
the epsom salts are a source of magnesium,if the plant is deficiant in mag it will effect the plants ability to uptake nitrogen ,i normally give it a dose halfway through flowering .
good luck.

Tay
21-05-09, 05:09 PM
well, there ya go:) hopefully by the end of this grow i'll have finished my terra flores and go back to organic...

REDEYE_420
21-05-09, 05:14 PM
my compost tea mix is worm castings, mollasses,fish mix(or bat guano),seaweed extract, bubble for about 24hrs strain and dilute use as soil drench or foliar spray.
the epsom salts are a source of magnesium,if the plant is deficiant in mag it will effect the plants ability to uptake nitrogen ,i normally give it a dose halfway through flowering .
good luck.

Cheers for that Wert ill give that a try on my next-next show,cant afford anything else other than what ive got at the mo. So do you not use any nutes like vega or bloom-just your organic teas alone as the feed?

Cheers for the input to TAY.

Outve curiosity how do i quote from two different people in one message-i wanted to quote TAY too?

Peace.

wert
21-05-09, 05:25 PM
only teas,the ratios change as the plant changes.
there are lots of different compost teas you can make, if they are aerated it is a whole lot better for the friendly microbes to thrive in.
hopefully someone else will post their own recipes i know marajuanamat uses them.

GrassMaster
21-05-09, 06:01 PM
My holes contain native soil
30% perlite
Blood & bone meal (2 8oz. cups of each)
Plant tone- 1-8oz. cup (spread around perimeter of hole)

Come mid to end of July (strain dependent) I add
Budswell 1-4oz. cup
Then it gets watered in with a mollases tea (1 tbsp. per gallon)

Jah Bless
GM

Tay
21-05-09, 06:25 PM
Outve curiosity how do i quote from two different people in one message-i wanted to quote TAY too?

Peace.

took me a while to wor it out lol you press this button:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif on all but the last post you want to quote then hit the normal quote button on the last one and voi la;)

REDEYE_420
21-05-09, 06:36 PM
only teas,the ratios change as the plant changes.
there are lots of different compost teas you can make, if they are aerated it is a whole lot better for the friendly microbes to thrive in.
hopefully someone else will post their own recipes i know marajuanamat uses them.

Only teas-ok wicked ill see what i can do the next time round on the next next show. Thanks for the help Wert! Quality advice.

My holes contain native soil
30% perlite
Blood & bone meal (2 8oz. cups of each)
Plant tone- 1-8oz. cup (spread around perimeter of hole)

Come mid to end of July (strain dependent) I add
Budswell 1-4oz. cup
Then it gets watered in with a mollases tea (1 tbsp. per gallon)

Jah Bless
GM

Native soil GM? Whats the plant tone for my friend?

took me a while to wor it out lol you press this button:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif on all but the last post you want to quote then hit the normal quote button on the last one and voi la;)

HOORAH LOL Nice one TAY-thats saved me using up nuff space replying to different posts. Thank youuuuu. :joint:

TheBudFather
21-05-09, 07:01 PM
Nice one for the reply wert. Outve curiosity what do you put in your organic tea? Nah i dont use the chems anymore my friend-all about the organics now.

Canna organic soil (got canna coco coir,clay pebbles & trichoderma in it too)
Canna organic veg/bloom nutes
Bat poop
Molasses
Thats what im using at the mo. What do you use the epsom salts for-PH levels??

Word Redeye! i have 5kg of epsom salts if u want sum homez.... quater teaspoon into 2 liters, leave to disolve then foliar feed....(only need to do this a cpl times during plants life) can also be fed to root system by adding a small amout of salts to reservoir. I also throw sum in the bath as its good for skin and hair (im not a puff by the way)... wkd dog, speak to you next cpl days u wank-stain...i know i keep sayin ill pop up n see ya but i promise i will asap.. and ill smoke you under the table u litewait...:joint:

GrassMaster
28-05-09, 05:44 PM
Native soil GM? Whats the plant tone for my friend?
:joint:

Native soil is what I call the soil that comes out of my holes. I have the fortune of having excellent growing soil in my general area so I do not haul in soil. I simply amend the native soil. Keep in mind my holes are at least 3 feet in diameter. I scrape the "sod" off the top, turn up all the soil down to 14" deep, and 3-4 feet diameter. I then pull any roots I had to cut out to avoid mold near the roots, add my amendments, then a seedling or clone, and I am done.

The Plant Tone is a slow release all organic feed. It is very balanced and has all the micro nutrients the plant will want during its life cycle. Depending how they look when I go out to add Budswell They may get a 1/4 cup mixed in the Budswell. However this is a rare instance.

Jah Bless
GM

John Smith
29-05-09, 01:35 AM
for outdoors...

B&Q organic potting compost 50%
Perlite 15%
Native Earth (away from roads or any industry) 20%
Horticultural Sand 5%
Water retention Polymers 5%

other 5% = seaweed extract, fish blood & bone (or ground up cuttle fish & fish flakes)
(and let it sit in a refuse sack for weeks before use to let the micro's kick in!)

Water using rain water as Its been made aware to me that the chlorine in tap water can kill the good bacteria and effect the micro enzymes also.
folia feed with organic seaweed soluables, organic pest repelents (orangepeel for ants, garlic and chilli for fly and natural slug repellents)

REDEYE_420
02-06-09, 12:38 PM
for outdoors...

B&Q organic potting compost 50%
Perlite 15%
Native Earth (away from roads or any industry) 20%
Horticultural Sand 5%
Water retention Polymers 5%

other 5% = seaweed extract, fish blood & bone (or ground up cuttle fish & fish flakes)
(and let it sit in a refuse sack for weeks before use to let the micro's kick in!)

Water using rain water as Its been made aware to me that the chlorine in tap water can kill the good bacteria and effect the micro enzymes also.
folia feed with organic seaweed soluables, organic pest repelents (orangepeel for ants, garlic and chilli for fly and natural slug repellents)

Nice info dude-ill giv that a go! Thanks.