PDA

View Full Version : Flush in coco 1 week or 2 weeks? ph water or plain water?

Green_sajida
04-12-13, 03:35 AM
Hey guys,

Im gonna be harvesting in 3-4 weeks time.

I am growing in coco and have been using chemical nutrients.

Can i ask how to flush?

1) Do i flush with water with a ph of 5.8 or do i not have to ph the water?

2) Do i flush for a week? or 2 weeks?

Please remember that i am growing in coco and have been using chem nutes :)

MrMojorising
04-12-13, 04:05 AM
i do 10 days,i start bringing the nutes down in stages then the last 3 days ph'd water,
depends on size of plant and also how high you've fed the plant,
the higher the feed the longer the flush.

so i stop all boosters and feed at ec1.4 for a couple of days,then 1.2 for a couple then the 3 days plain water.

Green_sajida
04-12-13, 04:20 AM
i do 10 days,i start bringing the nutes down in stages then the last 3 days ph'd water,
depends on size of plant and also how high you've fed the plant,
the higher the feed the longer the flush.

so i stop all boosters and feed at ec1.4 for a couple of days,then 1.2 for a couple then the 3 days plain water.

OK thx for your comment i appreciate it.

I have always fed in between 1.4 and 1.8.
The ec is 0.9 straight outta the tap.
The plants are about 1.5 m tall and about 1.2 m wide.

may i ask why you finish with ph'd water? I have read in some places that its not needed in the last few days.

MrMojorising
04-12-13, 06:44 AM
usually because the waters already ph'd for other things
and is more a force of habit :)

ive tried magic flush by plant magic but prefer to drop the nutes down so the plants use the excess nutes
and it saves buying another product.

Green_sajida
04-12-13, 11:08 AM
anyone else?

I would like a few opinions and reasons.

Thank you

Forest
04-12-13, 11:23 AM
if you want a gentle flush then two weeks (cos it takes that long to get the nutes out the coco) or as i do, flush the plants until the water runs out with a low ec then flush as follows
i flush for a week in coco and look for the plants starting to use the stored mobile nutes (leaves change colour( fading) you know the plants are releasing its nutes then )
then a couple or more of days after that if trichs are all as cloudy or amber as i think they can be then they get cut down works for me just peachy,

there a few schools of thought in using just water or molasses, silica or a flushing agent in the flushing water i use a tiny touch of both silca and molasses (just what i like to do) google flushing weed and you find sth you like the sound of and stick to it for a good testing, it takes more than a few grows to find the technic you like

regards Forest

thecherryman
04-12-13, 12:46 PM
I flushe mine for 1 week straight tap water never had problems coco is amazing

carpetburn
04-12-13, 01:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^^
same here

Duke1
04-12-13, 01:13 PM
hi as i run a very low ec all through my grow,no additives just feed and at no point does ec go above 1.2 and this has been my best coco crop to date,flushing is easy just plain water for 10-14 days,smokes very clean and is obviously well flushed,all them additives for flushing are placebos imo and waste of dosh.good luck

Bud Lightyear
04-12-13, 01:39 PM
I'm doing modded wilma DWC at the moment, coco in 15 liter air-pots with roots down in a 140 litre rez. Not been over Ec of 1.4. on this run, tapered the feed down to 1.0 @ week 7 and flush for 5 days just as the trichomes are on the amber turn. Straight tap water, no need to Ph thats just to make nutes available to the plant in the correct range when feeding. You want the plants to suck the stored nuets from its leaves.

Regards BL

jimmi420
04-12-13, 11:16 PM
10 days of just water, no need to ph.

Green_sajida
04-12-13, 11:37 PM
10 days of just water, no need to ph.

thx man i was hoping u wud see this

Wizard_Ovanoz
05-12-13, 08:50 AM
What Jimmy Said, never ph when flushing ;-)

Rory Breaker
05-12-13, 08:55 AM
As long as you have not been overdoing it with the feed, which from what you said regardinfg your EC you clearly have not..

4 days flush with molasses/dextrose

Green_sajida
06-12-13, 01:18 AM
As long as you have not been overdoing it with the feed, which from what you said regardinfg your EC you clearly have not..

4 days flush with molasses/dextrose

I feed with ec of 1.6 - 1.8 and tap water ec is 0.8 - 0.9.

But if i use dextrose the plant wont need to use the nutrients from the leaves right?

Forest
06-12-13, 10:56 AM
is you use sugars in your flush the plant will still use the stored nutes

ive used sugars or very low level silicon and also just plain old water

nothing much between any of them imo

Green_sajida
07-12-13, 05:47 AM
is you use sugars in your flush the plant will still use the stored nutes

ive used sugars or very low level silicon and also just plain old water

nothing much between any of them imo

thx man appreciate it

ironjustice
07-12-13, 06:59 AM
i just use plain water for 7-10 days depending on the plant, when the bud leafs begin to yellow then they are normally ready.. had some plants like this in 5 days, others that were on a higher EC took longer as they had more stored nutrients...

and i agree with the no point using the correct ph... you want it locked out so no nutrients left in the medium are available and its forced to used its stored reserves.