PDA

View Full Version : How much leaf and trim do you get?

galt
17-12-13, 06:05 PM
I know some of you save your trim for other products like butter or bubblehash. But we always focus on the weight of the dried buds. With all the craze being various oils and shatter and extracts, I am hoping to get some stats or averages about how much leaf and trim people get relative to the dry weight of buds. Per plant, per harvest, whatever. So if you have kept records, please respond with

Dry weight of buds (per plant or per harvest)
Weight of leaf and trim from same batch (please indicate if this is wet or dry weight)

If all you have is some memories and not records, please indicate that they are what you remember. I am curious to see if there is any predictive ratio to be expected (wuch as a one pound plant yields two pounds of wet trim)...

Duke1
17-12-13, 06:33 PM
hi my answer would be from a scrog which has lessened the amount of foliage so im not so keen on that from 2 plant scrog i had 252grams bud and 56 grams of sugar leaf popcorn mix,this is dry weights and used for iso oil for the missus.i prefer trees to scrog for that reason as my trees have much more foliage.return making iso oil is between 10-12% of the original weight with bud but less using trim about 8% i would guess.speaking of which i have it all in the freezer and must go get oily tonight,peace.

Rory Breaker
17-12-13, 06:40 PM
hi my answer would be from a scrog which has lessened the amount of foliage so im not so keen on that from 2 plant scrog i had 252grams bud and 56 grams of sugar leaf popcorn mix,this is dry weights and used for iso oil for the missus.i prefer trees to scrog for that reason as my trees have much more foliage.return making iso oil is between 10-12% of the original weight with bud but less using trim about 8% i would guess.speaking of which i have it all in the freezer and must go get oily tonight,peace.

I think Duke has it spot on with the returns making iso oil.