PDA

View Full Version : Curing with banana peel

Temple 4.20
02-06-09, 03:24 PM
Just started curing the produce from one of my Lowryders.
Ive placed some rolling paper at the bottom and in the middle of the jar - this im hoping will help absorb any moisture in the air.
Ive also wrapped a bit of the soft inner skin of a banana in rolling paper and placed it at the top of the jar. This is going to help make the air in the jar slightly more humid. This will slow to curring process thus making a better all round smoke. Also, its making the jar smell amazing!

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/755/medium/DSC002697.JPG

Tay
02-06-09, 03:26 PM
never heard of this before, hope it doesn't make it too humid:)

Temple 4.20
02-06-09, 03:30 PM
I made sure that i wrapped well. Most of the easily released moisture will be directly absorbed by the paper leaving the moisture in the middle of the flesh to slowly diffuse out.
Thats the hypothysis anyway.

diceman23
02-06-09, 04:56 PM
Can you put Gel Silica in the jars to make sure theres no moisture?

Temple 4.20
02-06-09, 05:09 PM
Yeah u could, but it kinda takes the edge outa curing the bud naturally I feel. Plus Silica gel would probably speed up the process.

If ur using silica gel uve had outa package etc and its not brand new, they are useless anyway. By the time theve got to u, theve reached saturation point.
You can cook em dry in the oven but its a hassle.

Tay
02-06-09, 06:13 PM
yeah i wouldn't use silica gel for drying weed, the whole point of this is to slow down the drying process... keep us posted temple:)