PDA

View Full Version : Top buds turning brown and crispy whilst still in flower

Hotlad00
11-06-09, 03:46 PM
HEEELLLPPP!! lol hi guys, got a major issue, my plants are at 8 weeks, and the top colas have started to turn brown and crispy, my temps have have ranged between 15 to 30 degrees night n day, and humidity is around 40% first time ive had this prob. any ideas????
BTW the lower buds seem fine up to now
im currently on a wilma 8 pot, feeding water and mollasses, about 4tablespoons to the 50 odd litres of water in the res
600w light about 1.5ft from the colas

Hotlad00
11-06-09, 04:03 PM
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Photo258.jpg
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Photo257.jpg

syanlar
11-06-09, 04:13 PM
Light and heat stress, no question. Your light is too close to your plants. you need to move it up/use a heat shield.

Hotlad00
11-06-09, 04:15 PM
cheers mate, weird thing is though the second pic, that bud was pulled off from half way down the cola, the rest further up isnt as bad????

syanlar
11-06-09, 08:20 PM
In that case then I have,nt got a clue, other than some kind of hotspot from the lamp or something else reflecting. May be a disease of some kind but I,m not hot on that sort of stuff. Sorry

jobby2812
12-06-09, 12:12 PM
Looks a bit like bud rot to me. Especially in the first pic although the colour of the pic isn't that great. If it is bud rot then chop it off your plants ASAP. Also DO NOT smoke it.

THOMAS CHONG
12-06-09, 05:28 PM
yeh i think same as above, did the bud pull of easy????????

GrassMaster
12-06-09, 05:34 PM
^^^^^I'll third that^^^^

Looks as if your RH is way high causing bud rot. Extreme heat or cold multiplies the effect, but it sounds like your temps are pretty well controlled (bit cold at night).

As mentioned do not smoke the buds affected. Add them to your trim and make some ISO with them.........

Jah Bless
GM

wert
12-06-09, 06:38 PM
the swing in temp can cause moisture in the air,try to not let temps fluctuate more than 10 degrees.

Hotlad00
13-06-09, 11:12 AM
yeah they pulled off really easy, no moisture in the room on the black and whiting though

Dredlock
13-06-09, 11:27 AM
HEEELLLPPP!! lol hi guys, got a major issue, my plants are at 8 weeks, and the top colas have started to turn brown and crispy, my temps have have ranged between 15 to 30 degrees night n day, and humidity is around 40% first time ive had this prob. any ideas????
BTW the lower buds seem fine up to now
im currently on a wilma 8 pot, feeding water and mollasses, about 4tablespoons to the 50 odd litres of water in the res
600w light about 1.5ft from the colas

Your light is WAY to close and if its close and 30 degrees thats your issue plain an simple "your cooking them"

wert
13-06-09, 11:39 AM
the tip of the bud looks green still which may indicate that it is not being burned.
what is your rh after lights out this may be the cause ,your daytime rh may drop when the lights come on and the temps rise.
i still think budrot.

Dredlock
13-06-09, 11:44 AM
i understand what your saying but doesnt look rotten to me to be fair, looks brown like a lil rot but still not convinced....looks cooked but we will see soon enough lol :)

wert
13-06-09, 11:49 AM
thats what the forum is all about we give our advice and hopefully we can together come to the correct diagnosis.;)

THOMAS CHONG
13-06-09, 08:16 PM
he saide that the bud pulled away from the plant very easy that normaly means bud rot dont it ??????????????????????????????????

jobby2812
13-06-09, 11:59 PM
As wert said the tips of the bud looked fine so why was that not burnt?

BuddyBoy
14-06-09, 01:07 AM
My sick plant looked and still does look like that, my issue, the thread is here abouts somewhere with pics, was major heat stress, the oscillating fan stopped moving, and blew hot air straight onto 2 plants drying them right out and cooking them, move the light away a bit, and get a heat shield, after my initial heat problems the new sugarleaf growth coming in was green, and still is, and he buds never stopped growing, just my take on things though...

Good luck matey

Hotlad00
14-06-09, 06:49 PM
definatly bud rot, you can smell it rottin, also the root ball is squidgy, think that might have summat to do with the mollasses we been using.
Ah well ill salvage what i can i try again

Judas
14-06-09, 08:31 PM
definatly bud rot, you can smell it rottin, also the root ball is squidgy, think that might have summat to do with the mollasses we been using.
Ah well ill salvage what i can i try again

best way to do it :)

just chalk it up to experience and soldier on... I bet you learned a lot

THOMAS CHONG
14-06-09, 10:48 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i thought so