PDA

View Full Version : Dryed and cured but somethings not right!!!!

HomeGrow
01-10-09, 10:42 PM
Right dried my buds for a week and been curing them for over a week now and they seem to smell of dried plant rather than of weed? covered in crystrals and get u high when smoked but really tastes and smells plantey and not bud like at all,

first grow and not sure why doesnt stink/taste like it should

HELP!!!!!!!!!
(anyone know why or what i can do to sort this out?)

CHeers HG

Goodbuddy
01-10-09, 10:53 PM
longer cure?/didn't flush?/just how this strain is?

HomeGrow
02-10-09, 12:04 AM
its white skunk from white label seeds, fed them just water for at least 3 weeks before cropping, does some bud just not taste great? kinda figured it was just due to the fact i'd done something wrong ha

HG

Grub
02-10-09, 12:36 AM
The longer you cure the bud, the more the 'green taste' disappears mate. Although, some strains tend to taste more 'earthy' or 'grassy' than others.

HomeGrow
02-10-09, 12:41 AM
CHeers grub been leaving them open for at least 20mins each day generally up to an hour so hope that wont ruin the taste too much?

HG

Tay
02-10-09, 01:54 AM
what were your drying conditions like? maybe the buds dried too quickly, that usually leaves you with harsher tasting bud that kinda smells like hay or grass.

dj #
02-10-09, 03:37 AM
remember your plants were a little over-fertilized, this im afraid will have comprimised the taste,
just carry on curing and smoking, as long as it gets you stoned thats the main thing ;) :joint:

HomeGrow
02-10-09, 12:32 PM
Cheers ppl

Tay left the buds on strin inside a box with a cover over it to keep light out but by the sounds of the taste your on about it sounds like that might have been what it was,

DJ how long do you keep curing for, and is it 20min a day you open each jar?

Cheers HG

HomeGrow
03-10-09, 01:33 AM
plus heard some where if u put orange peel or any fruit peel in with the buds in the jars it will freshen them and little and add orange/ect flavour tot he buds,

any one know if this is true?

HG

dekay
03-10-09, 02:41 AM
Just keep em drying, i hardly ever get to the best bud as i am always in need of next plant but when u give em a good 3 weeks hanging, couple weeks in jars u notice difference.;)

HomeGrow
03-10-09, 01:38 PM
cheers dakay,

anyone know about this fruit peel business?

HG

dj #
03-10-09, 01:45 PM
yes it can add a little moisture back to the buds, and also infuse them with a little aroma, but i dont think it will help that much with the taste,
try it and see how they are, just dont leave the peel in there for too long so it goes mouldy, leave it for a couple of days and then see how the buds are :)

skunkless
03-10-09, 07:14 PM
i used to put a bit of apple in my tin to keep my baccy thresh and it was nice, only like dj said if left for too long it'll go mouldy :(

Everyone's bud!
03-10-09, 07:17 PM
Another thing you can use is fresh leaves from a healthy plant. Doesn't go as mouldy as fruit skin and keeps things "original!"

M_C
04-10-09, 05:41 PM
Hi HomeGrow, I understand your plight! I had exactly the same issue when I started growing & found that the longer you cure, the more the aroma & taste develope.... if you can keep away from smoking them for long enough :D

HomeGrow
04-10-09, 11:00 PM
Thanks everyone gonna try some orange peel and leave it for longer

thats if i dont toke it all by then!:bigjoint:

Cheers HG

GrassMaster
06-10-09, 06:55 PM
If the bud is almost totally dry, seal it up for a few days (no burping)and see if that helps. As mentioned above a longer cure will bring out the taste more. At least it get ya high for now.......

Jah Bless
GM

Darko
24-10-09, 11:35 AM
the reason your buds smell like this is because you cured them before they wher dry enough. the only time you put them in a jar is when the hole bud feels crisp outside but the stem and maybe a little of the inside of the bud is a little moist if you dont wait till this time you will end up with damp smelling buds that dont taist very nice and once your buds get this smell you cant get it away and i'm sorry to say this mate but you have probly fucked your buds.

Steppenwolf
24-10-09, 08:24 PM
I'm a first timer as well and my buds smell a bit grassy too. Maybe down to not stopping feeding before cropping. However the longer I leave my bud the better the taste gets and the less the grassy smell. I also smoke the trim and that is grassy as well - but again getting less so. Apparently can take years to get a really good cure.

bigweeds
24-10-09, 09:12 PM
hi i have a bit of an interesting story, i dried mine out and got it straight into jars and it didnt smell great a bit hay smelling but good stone. however i left a bit drying in my drying room for 3 weeks and the smell was amazing sooooo fruity just the way the strain said it should do.. think my next lot i will leave to hang for alot longer. dont know if anyone else found this????????

dj #
24-10-09, 10:07 PM
how quickly did you dry them out before jaring bigweeds?