PDA

View Full Version : 1st ever harvest, what to do??

smokingmonkey
13-11-09, 01:00 AM
Ok, at the weekend i will be chopping down my plants :) But what to do after that??? Do I hang the whole plant upside down until it dries or do i chop it into sections??? I haven't got a clue.

Oh and one more question, can i reuse the compost that i grew my plants in?

dj #
13-11-09, 01:52 AM
its best to chop into sections and hang

you shouldnt immediately re-use soil as its either completely stripped of nutes,
or its too 'hot' meaning its too full of extra added nutrents from the previous grow

get fresh new soil its the sensible thing to do :)

smokingmonkey
13-11-09, 01:56 AM
Cheers DJ, once hung, do i just wait for it to dry and then smoke???

dj #
13-11-09, 02:10 AM
well once its hanging it should idealy be in a dark dry place and you should dry for at least 7 days or longer
a good rule of thumb is that once you can snap the stems, not just bend, then the bud is dry enough to trim from the stems and then put into jars (preferably glass) to store and cure them

curing in jars require you to open the jars once or twice a day for 15-20 mins a time for 4 or 5 days or so to allow air and moisture to exchange
the little remaining moisture content in the buds ends up nice and evenly distributed throughout the plant matter and makes the buds smell, taste, smoke and burn better :toke:
then just keep them in your jars and smoke as you feel the need :joint: :)

smokingmonkey
13-11-09, 03:13 AM
Cool, thanks for the advice.

stone14
13-11-09, 11:52 AM
i read that cutting plant into sections can dry the plant out too fast?

seanMcPot
13-11-09, 01:51 PM
i cut all mine in to smaller sections,i always start smoking smaller buds first as well,to let all the big colas dry propperly.i've never had a problem with it dry to fast thow

dopey jo
14-11-09, 04:23 PM
Hi one and all
I have been advised to harvest one of my 3 plants. :harvest: Have been told to dig her up, shake most of the soil from the roots and then stand her in boiling water for couple of minutes. :confused: Then finally hang the whole plant upside down in a dark place for 2 weeks. What do you all reckon. Makes me feel quite nervous and after all the care and love they have had I don't want to mess it up now!!!

dj #
14-11-09, 08:04 PM
Hi one and all
I have been advised to harvest one of my 3 plants. :harvest: Have been told to dig her up, shake most of the soil from the roots and then stand her in boiling water for couple of minutes. :confused: Then finally hang the whole plant upside down in a dark place for 2 weeks. What do you all reckon. Makes me feel quite nervous and after all the care and love they have had I don't want to mess it up now!!!forget the boiling water thing mate, and its best to chop into sections rather than hang a whole plant

something like this -->
http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/889/medium/phpllWb4aPM.jpg

skotty
14-11-09, 11:01 PM
fuk man thats a lot of pegs im in the wrong business

dopey jo
15-11-09, 01:41 AM
Hey DJ That is some sweet harvest.

Yir wee bud
15-11-09, 02:56 AM
forget the boiling water thing mate, and its best to chop into sections rather than hang a whole plant

something like this -->
http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/889/medium/phpllWb4aPM.jpg

some going to smoke all that lot b4 the next lots ready bud,goodluck n c you floating around somewhere.

Just chillin
15-11-09, 12:14 PM
Bloody hell dj #, u got you're own coffee shop or something?
For those of us that have been dry for a while, that's like showing an immigrant a new house.

Fiasco
17-11-09, 01:33 AM
Nice rack Dj #

seanMcPot
17-11-09, 01:56 AM
very nice rack!!

dopey jo
19-11-09, 05:57 PM
Having trimmed all the big leaves off my plants, I was wondering if they can be used in any way

robster
19-11-09, 07:05 PM
depends how much of it you have mate,
could use it for making butter, or if you have a lot of leaves with trichs on you could make some hash.
theres plenty of info on the site mate, probably worth a search to get more indepth instructions

d4nkp0i
25-11-09, 07:31 AM
id def get some shwag bags and make some cold water hash with all your trimmings dopey!! screens upon screens = nice little selection of some dank hash!!!

weed@rare
25-11-09, 02:32 PM
jesus dj :P nice...

that is the best clothes line ive ever seen :P

:greet: