PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to chop??

mxc
03-12-09, 01:25 AM
I've a lowryder suspect (did order a gummy gun but thats another thread) which has gone past 9 weeks and the very top of the cola is feeling very dry yet the trichs are still mainly a mixture of clear/cloudy with the very odd amber one.

Also the leaves on the cola have died and shriveled and literally fall off. main fan leaves are starting to yellow from the edge and die yet the lower leaves with buds on are still green (these buds still have 50% clear trichs)

Do I hang on another week or so or do i chop now?

Mc Mellow
03-12-09, 01:37 AM
id chop the main cola and jsut leave the rest for another week or 2 it would be better if you throw up a pic, if i was you id chop the main and leave the rest .

mxc
03-12-09, 01:56 AM
Pictures attached

Mc Mellow
03-12-09, 01:57 AM
looks well ready to me :mr:

mxc
03-12-09, 02:24 AM
Well.......shes chopped..

Was starting to feel a bit sorry for her so have taken the large secatuers and snipped away.

The trimming has begun and I now have very sticky and smelly fingers which won't wash off even with fairy liquid

Took me 10 minutes just to trim the first bud but was going carefully. Looks like i'm going to spend half the night awake now trimming the rest :smokie: and i've got work in the morning

mxc
03-12-09, 04:40 AM
Well its gone 3.30 in the morning and i've managed to obtain 64g of bud from one tiny plant.

I guess its going to lose a sizeable percentage over the next couple of days as it drys but very happy with the end result.

just read that you can roll the resin on your fingers and scissors for a smoke but too late as I just washed my hands as they were superglued with resin.:banghead::banghead:

High Flyer
03-12-09, 08:56 AM
tadar........ for future refrences.

mxc
06-12-09, 02:49 AM
Quick question.

my other gummy gun has about 7 days left before the 80 are up and whilst it has probably the biggest cola I have ever seen on any plant, the leaves are rapidly yellowing and dying all over.

Trichs are all cloudy with the odd amber so I'm guessing that I just ignore the dying leaves and wait until I have 30% amber trichs which should be achieved in the next few days.

The one I chopped is drying nicey and a speed dried sample has produced a very nice smoke (still a bit green but expected) with a nice mellow high.