PDA

View Full Version : Curing Temperature?

taro_todoroki
08-12-09, 12:00 AM
Is there an optimum temperature to store your dried bud for curing? I have it loose in a glass jar in a cool, dark cupboard.

dj #
08-12-09, 04:51 PM
what your doing is perfect :)

taro_todoroki
08-12-09, 11:46 PM
Cool. It's already smelling better after only a couple of days. How long before it's good to smoke? I've seen sites say 7-10 days and others up to a month. I have an old friend visiting at the weekend, so I'll prob get sampling then however ready it is.

nuube
10-12-09, 02:20 AM
Cool. It's already smelling better after only a couple of days. How long before it's good to smoke? I've seen sites say 7-10 days and others up to a month. I have an old friend visiting at the weekend, so I'll prob get sampling then however ready it is.

I thought the 'curing' was a bit of canna snobbery, but I tried it anyway. My last batch were cured for about 4 weeks and definitely smells better in the jar, and smokes a hell of a lot smoother, can't say I have noticed a change in taste. For what its worth I would go for the month. Then sit back and enjoy :bong:

trance
16-12-09, 07:29 PM
My grow has been curing for 2 months and the taste and smell is in a different league now. No snobbery involved, just an essential part of the process!. :bong:

up2nogood
19-02-10, 03:42 PM
what your doing is perfect :)

dj.the longer we cure it the better it tastes mate?