PDA

View Full Version : Hanging Drying Racks Good or Bad??

dapirates
01-02-10, 11:02 PM
I seen this and thought it could save me time on hanging buds in boxes on string etc

http://www.growell.co.uk/index.php?p=4020

I tried to find something similar on greens but could only find the racks you buy separate

Has anyone used or recommend these things or stick to the oldskool ways?

Monty Bong
01-02-10, 11:09 PM
£18!! what a rip off, you can buy pretty much the same thing for about a fiver.

Ebay, or Ikea..... net storage hanger ;)

cannamancan
01-02-10, 11:20 PM
Ive Given About 20 Of Those To A M8, £1 From Pound Shop Different Coloured 1s, Iuse To Use Them I Think U Loose Weight Cause U Need To Cut The Buds Of The Stem To Put Them In And Dry Em But If U Leave The Buds On The Plant And Hang Upside Down , The Plant Is Still Feedin The Bud Whilst Its Dryin So It Doesnt Shrink As Much, Im Sure It Makes A Difference.

dapirates
02-02-10, 12:22 AM
thank you for your advice guys

yoko2009
02-02-10, 12:24 AM
Arnt they just them hanging shelf things you can get from anywhere?

thedoctor
02-02-10, 08:59 AM
Ive Given About 20 Of Those To A M8, £1 From Pound Shop Different Coloured 1s, Iuse To Use Them I Think U Loose Weight Cause U Need To Cut The Buds Of The Stem To Put Them In And Dry Em But If U Leave The Buds On The Plant And Hang Upside Down , The Plant Is Still Feedin The Bud Whilst Its Dryin So It Doesnt Shrink As Much, Im Sure It Makes A Difference.

there is no factual evidence, that i've read. that says hanging your buds upside down while curing is beneficial to the bud, sure its handy to hang. but not essential, chuck it all in a big cardboard box and save yourself some cash. you are going to loose weight in the drying process regardless of which method is used. approx 70%.

BURNZ
02-02-10, 09:22 AM
Why spend money when string and a cardboard box is free :D

beano
02-02-10, 08:41 PM
they sell em all over the place like £ shops and ikea but are smaller than the ones from growell

i used to use the cheap ones but you only get about an ounce per hole and you have to turn them round as the holes are staggered wich is annoyong when you are trimming for quite some time and the nets are spinning all over.

now i use the boxes that mushrooms come in to the local sarnie shop they blue plastic mesh boxes that are bigger stack together better and i get 2 1/2 ounce dry in each tray.

these are also free

bushman
31-03-10, 06:05 PM
i've tried both methods, there isnt really any diff in terms of weight loss and depending on the size of the buds, there isnt relly much diff in drying time either

cannamancan
31-03-10, 07:14 PM
there is no factual evidence, that i've read. that says hanging your buds upside down while curing is beneficial to the bud, sure its handy to hang. but not essential, chuck it all in a big cardboard box and save yourself some cash. you are going to loose weight in the drying process regardless of which method is used. approx 70%.

I deffo noticed a difference with buds being solid and weight.

cannamancan
31-03-10, 07:17 PM

I deffo noticed a difference with buds being solid and weight.

BudMan
01-04-10, 02:16 PM
I think it just takes longer to dry on the stalk as the buds continue to sap the moisture from the stalk... Chopping the buds of the stem deffo drys quicker but end product will be the same...

I always hang mine upside down and just leave all buds on main stalk... Usually use a clothes airer

Hash Monster
03-04-10, 02:38 PM
I was going to buy one of those drying racks, but it does seem like a waste of money when you can just hang it in the grow tent.
as long as the drying conditions are ok i can't see that the rack would be any better.:yeah mate: