PDA

View Full Version : Harvesting Help?

Maj
17-02-10, 03:53 PM
Guys i was wondering you'd all be able to help, being new the whole growing scene i was hoping to find out a few things for when i chop down my ladies,

I know that when i chop em down i get rid of the fan leaves etc, hang/dry/cure but......

Do i chop the leaves covered in trichs? (the smaller leaves in beside the bud?)

Does anyone have like a close up pic of how a cola and or nug should look once trimmed?

Or even a video?

Its taken alot of courage to write this up :(

Im in no way a huge smoker, and just have a smoke every now and again when times are hard, so obv i dont have much at any one given point, its normally like an 8th i would go get, so this is why i decided to grow some to save me money and to have some to hand whenever i feel the urge

dekay
17-02-10, 04:02 PM
Heres my last harvest trimmed and hanging:
http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/817/medium/harvest8.JPG
You chuck fan leaves but the rest of leaves (sticking out of bud) trimmed off dried and used to make butter, hash, oil.

Maj
17-02-10, 04:07 PM
How deep do you trim the leaves though? i pressume its just to the same level as the bud?

Maj
17-02-10, 06:29 PM
Hewlp :?(

Anyone else able to help out

hort
18-02-10, 12:59 AM
I like to trim the small sugar leaves close to to the buds. It makes a nice looking bud when dried. I save all the trim and then make bubble hash (using special bags to collect the trichomes) or cannabutter (boiling it with butter to extract the THC, then using the cannabutter to make cookies or brownies).

Some growers leave the sugar leaves on the bud and they will just lay flat and stick to the bud when dry.

You can do it either way, Maj. Have fun with it :)

hort

Naxx
18-02-10, 04:32 PM
Hey mate, i know its not really answering your question but check out this thread http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=18494

Hope it helps :D

ViK
18-02-10, 10:48 PM
Some people leave their buds a bit hairy, some people trim a lot. Definetly take off the fan leaves, the suger leaves is up to you...

I like to do it the way Hort does it, trim the leaves nice and tight. I also use bubble bags to make hash with whatever I chop off so nothing goes to waste.

Either way, it's not that critical. Just personal preference. More important is how long to dry and cure.