PDA

View Full Version : is my budding plant growing bananas?

l0vern0hater
18-03-10, 04:46 PM
i appologize, i couldnt really get a good pic of what i was talking about, my camera cant focus well enough. so anyway this girl has been budding for about six weeks:

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/l0vern0hater/ac294286.jpg

and about a week ago she started to grow what looks like a few bananas under some of the lower buds. they look like two or three bananas pokin out, there was about 5 on the whole plant. they dont exactly look like regular male parts, but im sure they're full of pollen, i carefully pulled one off, and it was definately full of pollen. but it doesnt look like they are developing to burst or anything, theyve been the same size for about a week now. thanks and hopefully someone can help me out.

TMTC Gee
18-03-10, 04:48 PM
Could possibly be a hermaphrodite?
I dont see any bananas in your picture.. Have you got any better ones?

BudMan
18-03-10, 05:08 PM
Sounds like a hermie mate :(

cannamancan
18-03-10, 05:14 PM
Male flowers m8 , I got 2 on my blue cheese How old is the plant ? Is it a cutting ?
Apparently some plants in a way sense that there's no males about and kick a couple of male heads out to try and reproduce , I don't think that's the same as being a hermi.

BudMan
18-03-10, 05:34 PM
Male flowers m8 , I got 2 on my blue cheese How old is the plant ? Is it a cutting ?
Apparently some plants in a way sense that there's no males about and kick a couple of male heads out to try and reproduce , I don't think that's the same as being a hermi.

Yeah but surely thats just one or two at the end of flowering when you wait way past harvest??

I wouldnt be growing strains that kicked out bananas that early through flower... Its probably only at week 4 flower, its a full blown hermie :(

l0vern0hater
18-03-10, 05:50 PM
Yeah but surely thats just one or two at the end of flowering when you wait way past harvest??

I wouldnt be growing strains that kicked out bananas that early through flower... Its probably only at week 4 flower, its a full blown hermie :(

its six weeks flowering, almost seven, sorry for the bad pic quality. also i grew her from a bag seed. so im wondering should i start feeding her regular water for about a week and then harvest? the plant is only about 12 or 13 in tall.

TMTC Gee
18-03-10, 06:01 PM
Dunno... looks to me like you've got more than a week to wait til you chop 'er down.

seanMcPot
18-03-10, 06:10 PM
sounds like a lady gaga to me mate,she proberbly doing what cannaman sed,self-reproducing
this pic might help http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/male-female.jpg (http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/33864/title/male-female/cat/500)

BudMan
18-03-10, 06:20 PM
its six weeks flowering, almost seven, sorry for the bad pic quality. also i grew her from a bag seed. so im wondering should i start feeding her regular water for about a week and then harvest? the plant is only about 12 or 13 in tall.

6 weeks sinse you flipped lights or actually 6 weeks into flower....? Doesnt look as if its 6-7 weeks into flower mate?

Barney big buds
18-03-10, 06:38 PM
Search u tube for "soma grow tips" he goes on about those bananas.

Barney big buds
18-03-10, 06:42 PM
Somas grow secrets I mean

l0vern0hater
18-03-10, 07:37 PM
6 weeks sinse you flipped lights or actually 6 weeks into flower....? Doesnt look as if its 6-7 weeks into flower mate?

six weeks since i flipped the lights so yeah i guess its been like four weeks of flowering. so what should i do?

wert
18-03-10, 07:55 PM
get a better pic up ,make sure it is not a swollen calyx .
have you stressed it it any way ?
if it is just the odd bollock apearing you may be ok to just pick them off and keep a close eye on it after

cannamancan
18-03-10, 11:20 PM
Could be a 12 week flowerer that's why it not doin much yet , wot strain is it?

hort
19-03-10, 12:37 AM
I would just keep a close watch and pull off the bananas as they show up. Only a few at the bottom shouldn't be need for concern. It looks like your plant has a few more weeks to go. If they start showing up more and more and higher on the plant then it would be time to think about cutting it.

hort

l0vern0hater
19-03-10, 12:54 AM
Could be a 12 week flowerer that's why it not doin much yet , wot strain is it?

i have no clue all my plants came from bagseed lol, and im not quite sure how to go about finding the strain. i really wish i did though, it looks like someone poured sugar all over her :)