PDA

View Full Version : Drying problems

bushman
29-03-10, 08:11 PM
Hey guys,

whenever the bud i get is drying, or dried out, it tend to lose its light green colour(i know it goes a duller colour) and turn dark green, but my m8 has same crop from same place and his dry a much lighter green, also, mine tends to lose its fragrent smell once dry unless u pull it apart, but his u can smell from a mile away!!
We both use same feed and grow medium etc, but he drys his in a wardrobe while i've tried diff places and cant seem to get same effect, any ideas?

seanMcPot
29-03-10, 08:23 PM
try how he does it or maybe get him to dry yours for ya?
keep it out of the light because that effects thc when you drying

wert
29-03-10, 09:20 PM
how are you drying ?
as sean says in the dark ,not too quick[ no fans on the bud] and did you flush ?

bushman
30-03-10, 04:54 PM
ye i flush for 7-10 days then dry in totally dark room, no fans in room or anything, and either on a drying rack or just tied and hanging. my m8 uses a drying rack and mine still dif :(

obviously its trimed, just bud no leafage so.... i just dont understand how mines diff even tho its same strain and all done exaclty the same

TOC HPS
27-04-10, 06:17 PM
It depends on HOW LONG which depends on your ambient conditions. If you dry the bud fairly fast over just a few days it retains that "cinammon and spice" smell. Personally I quite like it like that so I dry some - not all - of my bud fairly quickly. But if you control the drying period carefully so that the bud takes, say, 10 days to dry before placing in jars, then the underlying, more subtle aromas and flavours will surface and the mint/spice smell disappears.
To dry slowly it's best to do a quick dry first to get rid of excess damp that causes mould, then you can slow it right down. I place mine in large brown envelopes to stop it drying too fast.