PDA

View Full Version : cannabis oil - butane

c ganjafarmer
29-04-10, 01:38 AM
can you make cannabis oil with frozen trim and small bud?? as it will be already frozen cold!!!
or is it best for it to be dry? but why? cheers

CockRoach
29-04-10, 01:42 AM
its debatable cov - some say freez fresh - some say dry then freeze - if you look in the hash section theres a thread i posted last week sometime "what to do with trim?" we touched on this subject.

i just done a ice hash run and i dried and froze.
cock

CockRoach
29-04-10, 01:47 AM
here http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?23114-gonna-chop-this-week-what-to-do-with-the-trim

c ganjafarmer
29-04-10, 02:22 AM
its debatable cov - some say freez fresh - some say dry then freeze - if you look in the hash section theres a thread i posted last week sometime "what to do with trim?" we touched on this subject.

i just done a ice hash run and i dried and froze.
cock

yeah i read your ice hash run the day you posted, but thats for bubble/gumby hash , im saying oil but is the same principles?? cheers

CockRoach
29-04-10, 02:31 AM
yeah its irrelivant! same ting innit
cock

c ganjafarmer
29-04-10, 02:44 AM
i read it again anyway cus my brain like a siv somtimes....looks like everyone says dry then freeze or basically use dry trim for better teating stuff. can you thaw your frozen trim out to then fry it out or u think once frozen , best to be kept frozen??

CockRoach
29-04-10, 02:50 AM
why would you wanna fry it? wtf lol i guess u mean dry it - look at the link i posted above its all there
cock

c ganjafarmer
29-04-10, 03:38 AM
why would you wanna fry it? wtf lol i guess u mean dry it - look at the link i posted above its all there
cock

lol yeah dry it. i still carnt find the answer to is frozen trim best kept frozen once froze or can i thaw it out?? sorry for the repetetive shit..peace

BuildMeAButterFly
29-04-10, 03:41 AM
Would of thought putting some of my old logic together, Keeping it froooozen untill used, Think about Ice Extraction, It's used to harden the THC glands so they are removed easier while ICE cold?.... Swear i read that recently in Cocks ice hash thread

So would of thought starting with ICE cold as you can would be better ?

As surely the gas only freezes the THC glands and blows them off at the same time into the cloth or collection thingy... lol who knows, never made the oil myself :)

CockRoach
29-04-10, 03:46 AM
you did fly lol
cov's fuckin stoned again lol

just either dry and use it as soon as its dry or dry then put in freezer untill your ready to use - so no dont thaw out - lol i asked the same thing too
cock

BuildMeAButterFly
29-04-10, 03:53 AM
Good shit. Common Sense Prevails, Didn't see a point in thawing it out :D It's good having a talking Cock to consult my worries with lol :D

c ganjafarmer
29-04-10, 03:58 AM
lol cock , !!!!

CockRoach
29-04-10, 04:03 AM
hehehe i feel a joke coming.....no...no....just a fart
cock

c ganjafarmer
29-04-10, 04:09 AM
hehehe i feel a joke coming.....no...no....just a fart
cock

what the fuk am i meant to say/reply to that??? stinky cockroach

CockRoach
29-04-10, 04:16 AM
just be quiet and bask in the ambiance of this rare and wonderfull aroma
cock

c ganjafarmer
29-04-10, 04:22 AM
just be quiet and bask in the ambiance of this rare and wonderfull aroma
cock

if you like to bask in the wofting smell of shit feal free, not my ting.peace

CockRoach
29-04-10, 04:27 AM
my farts smell like roses and mint and a slight hint of horseradish, is that your ting? lol i can change my diet if you like?
cock

c ganjafarmer
29-04-10, 04:29 AM
my farts smell like roses and mint and a slight hint of horseradish, is that your ting? lol i can change my diet if you like?
cock

lol you got answer for everthing. im off now peace cockroach

CockRoach
29-04-10, 04:34 AM
nice one cov sleep well
cock

BURNZ
29-04-10, 09:39 AM
can you make cannabis oil with frozen trim and small bud?? as it will be already frozen cold!!!
or is it best for it to be dry? but why? cheers

The best honey oil is made with nice dry bud and trim.

How it works is the butane does not freeze the trim and blow the trichs off the plant material. It's actually the butane solvent that strips the THC glands from the plant material.

I never seen it done with frozen trim before.

Make sure you use a good butane like Colibri, or anything thats at least triple refined. Shit butane gives you a really bad tasting contaminated end product.

I think Vector has a 5 times refined butane I'll have to check into that again.

c ganjafarmer
29-04-10, 04:28 PM
The best honey oil is made with nice dry bud and trim.

How it works is the butane does not freeze the trim and blow the trichs off the plant material. It's actually the butane solvent that strips the THC glands from the plant material.

I never seen it done with frozen trim before.

Make sure you use a good butane like Colibri, or anything thats at least triple refined. Shit butane gives you a really bad tasting contaminated end product.

I think Vector has a 5 times refined butane I'll have to check into that again.

are these makes of gas available in uk?

BURNZ
30-04-10, 09:45 AM
are these makes of gas available in uk?

Here's some butane company's that are good . Try e-bay.uk or your local cigar\tobacco shop.

COLIBRI, NEWPORT, CORA, CTC, COLTON, DUNHILL, DAVIDOFF, FACKELMAN, WIN, NIBO, SAROME, CALOR GAS MATCH, UNILIGHT, K2, SUPERGAS, VENTTI, VECTOR, KINZG , BLASTER.

I'm pretty sure you have Newport and King Butane there.

jd4083
30-04-10, 04:34 PM
Freezing trim works well for water extractions (bubble hash, et al), it is neither necessary nor beneficial for solvent-based extractions like BHO or QWISO.

Here's a thread I made with a time-tested and proven method for how I make the best BHO I've personally seen or used, if you're interested:

http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?20184-My-method-for-making-BHO-%28butane-honey-oil%29

jd4083
30-04-10, 04:44 PM
Here's some butane company's that are good . Try e-bay.uk or your local cigar\tobacco shop.

COLIBRI, NEWPORT, CORA, CTC, COLTON, DUNHILL, DAVIDOFF, FACKELMAN, WIN, NIBO, SAROME, CALOR GAS MATCH, UNILIGHT, K2, SUPERGAS, VENTTI, VECTOR, KINZG , BLASTER.

I'm pretty sure you have Newport and King Butane there.

To add to this post, if you happen to have some butane that you don't know for a fact is refined enough for oil making, try spraying a bit on a clean piece of glass, allow it to evaporate, and then check to see whether any residue is left over. If so, you don't want to use it for BHO.

c ganjafarmer
02-06-10, 02:43 AM
i just read on high times website that all butane will leave some kind of contnament in the finished oil, over there they use medical co2...meant to be the bizz

ViK
02-06-10, 12:45 PM
Some butane does, some doesn't. 100% pure butane will evaporate away to nothing. A lot of butane in lighter refill cans have things like "near zero impurities", which is marketing talk for "it's not pure". Who do they think they're kidding...

Didn't know thc glands were dissolvable in CO2. hmm...

notmadeup
02-06-10, 02:28 PM
Liquid CO2 has been used as a hydrophobic organic solvent on industry for several decade, not least by the coffee industry who use it to solvate caffeine from beans while leaving the majority of the water miscible / soluble flavour bearing oils behind.

Nice theory, but probably hard to put into practise in the average garage/shed as CO2 only takes on a liquid form at very high pressure (at normal air pressure it sublimes straight from a solid to a gas). If you had the equipment it would probably work very well, with almost 0.00% residue.

If you're going to attempt it, keep in mind that at high concentrations CO2 is toxic and will cause you to pass out, fall down to the floor, where funnily enough the concentrations will be even higher and you will die. But not in a fire, if that's any conciliation.

notmadeup
02-06-10, 02:30 PM
Double post - I Blame Ragman

c ganjafarmer
02-06-10, 03:58 PM
yeah it did say with out right equipment it was very dangerous and its not somthing you can knock toghether in your back garden shed!! forgot to mention that bit lol. peace

notmadeup
02-06-10, 09:00 PM
Didn't know thc glands were dissolvable in CO2. hmm...The trichome isn't but the THC / CBD etc is.

yeah it did say with out right equipment it was very dangerous and its not somthing you can knock toghether in your back garden shed!! forgot to mention that bit lol. peaceBeing fair, the butane extraction isn't much safer. I've seen a lot of these threads and yet to see one with a full set of anti-ignition precautions, most of them don't even bother to mention fire/explosion risk.