PDA

View Full Version : Can i put seeds in ground and they will grow?

winstan
29-04-10, 02:21 PM
Not sure if i should put them in pots for a few days ot put them in to the site on a sunny day ?? they should grow ... they are seeds

Mc Mellow
29-04-10, 02:25 PM
if you just ut seed into the ground i dont think it will do very much, the more prep you do for the plant the more return you will receive

Sgt Bilko
29-04-10, 02:29 PM
Your right they should grow being seeds and all, but starting them off in pots prior to transplanting outside is a good idea. If you can slowly transplant them into an outdoor environment then go for it, is always good to toughen them up a little, get them ready for the outdoor environment before being thrown in the deep end. If you are lucky enough to have ideal conditions outside though you can go again and just whack the seeds straight into the ground. But in my location that is pretty much impossible! Depends mainly on your planting environment, if you can pull it of i'll be envious lol. Good luck either way buddy =)

winstan
29-04-10, 02:35 PM
i cant do that in my position at my house! , i forgot to say they are Female Seeds Purple Power which are apparently really good for the uk, should i put them in a glass water the nite be4 planting?>?

up2nogood
29-04-10, 03:22 PM
its a good idea to soak seeds in water over night but not essential..it will soften the seeds and sprout easier in the ground but i would put them in small pots for a week until they have sprouted but its just preference to what some people do

mrfantasy
29-04-10, 09:24 PM
The reason plants produce so many seeds is because most don't grow into plants. Unless you have handfuls of seeds to waste I would take the time and effort to do it right.