PDA

View Full Version : when drying buds

curmbox
13-05-10, 11:55 PM
Im curious to know why buds arent suppose to touch during drying ,(whats the cons) but ok during curing.

Grizzly
14-05-10, 12:25 AM
drying buds are fragile and need to be handled with the utmost care. Dont let them touch so air can pass between them speeding up the drying process and preventing mold from moisture biuld up. the tricomes can also be easily knocked off by buds smashing into one another. Cure in wide mouth glass mason jars used for canning. The buds can touch in the jars but keep in mind the more you handle them and expose them to light and air the less potent they become.

curmbox
14-05-10, 06:30 AM
drying buds are fragile and need to be handled with the utmost care. Dont let them touch so air can pass between them speeding up the drying process and preventing mold from moisture biuld up. the tricomes can also be easily knocked off by buds smashing into one another. Cure in wide mouth glass mason jars used for canning. The buds can touch in the jars but keep in mind the more you handle them and expose them to light and air the less potent they become.

Is there a chart to determine after buds are finished and ready to smoke ,how long would it take till buds becomes bad to smoke , eg less potent and stuff. or is it just important during curing stage , cause i had a situation where

I found some buds in my backpack that was over a year old in a small baggie and it still tasted like 1 year ago when i smoked it .

Rizla
14-05-10, 06:39 AM
your bud will be fine if its not mouldy :)

it should be almost as strong as its been in the dark!

enjoy :)

Grizzly
14-05-10, 06:08 PM
three things hurt curing buds. Light, Air, and moisture. Avoid these things and you can keep it in theory forever. They uncovered a mummified person once that had some weed in its coffin. The weed was preserved very well.

curmbox
14-05-10, 11:16 PM
three things hurt curing buds. Light, Air, and moisture. Avoid these things and you can keep it in theory forever. They uncovered a mummified person once that had some weed in its coffin. The weed was preserved very well.

Hope you not suggesting to cure in a coffin :smokie:

Wrams
19-05-10, 11:34 PM
In this Stciky theres a section refering to drying buds about half way down the first post. If you follow this guide you won't go wrong :) Key Points Of Harvesting (http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?23420-Key-Points-Of-Harvest-Time)

Also if you live in the UK then go to ASDA or Tesco's and they both have air tight curing jars, there not really curing jars but there 99% perfect :p