PDA

View Full Version : Reason 5

Bluetop
15-06-10, 12:06 AM
Any Reason fans here ? Number 5 out soon the beta is around, anyone had a fiddle yet ?

http://www.magesy.us/special-plugins/propellerhead-reason-5-beta.html#more-10270

Im downloading it now will prob have a play tomoz im liking the look if the octarex and the kong shame theres not a new synth tho

Bluetop
15-06-10, 09:02 PM
come on guys theres gotta be some reason users here

Bubbles LM
15-06-10, 09:46 PM
Was fruity to start, moved to reason for a year, no vst support (still), tried cubase, too hard and annoying for me, finally moved to ableton live, on version 8 now, absolutely love it!

It has a great help section and learning curve, as good a sound bank as reason, as easy to use as fruity, and as technical as cubase. (never had a mac so logic is out)

Plus vst support as well as easy routing, time stretching etc, can't help going on about it in any music related chat lol

Sorry, reason 5, looks ok yeah, but no vst support?? They need to look into that asap IMO

Ever tried ableton?

Oh yeah, what are you making anyway?

Bluetop
15-06-10, 11:06 PM
Hey Legoman, yh ive used albelton but only loops and mixes never really looked into the vst side of things.
Like you i find cubase to complicated, i love reason tho easy to use it dosent really bother me about no vst support i was more dissapointed about not having an audio track to play with but record sorted that.

I cant seem to get into other vst's i love the Subtractor always use that im just stuck in my ways i think
I make grime and dubstep

Bubbles LM
15-06-10, 11:20 PM
Nice, I make dubstep as well, used to try and make grime but didn't have any 'proper' music knowledge then, just liked messing about.

I have been mixing for 10 yrs or so as well, got a lot of vinyl Grime/old school garage/dubstep.

We should a little tune swap sometime if your up for it?

Bluetop
16-06-10, 11:46 AM
hey leg ive been mixing for 10 years now aswell not really got much vinyl left im using that serato (well cheap copy lol works fine tho)
I sold most of my records to set up my first grow, still held on to my jungle collection

do you use msn or anything like that bro of you chuck me yr addy in pm

kelso-420
16-06-10, 04:42 PM
Big fan of reason. Any cool new features on 5? using 4 the now, still trying to master the art of THOR

Bluetop
16-06-10, 05:32 PM
hey kel, ive not really had a proper look yet but the biggest change i woukd say is the kong drum maker/machine
theres also a new rex player
the link for the beta demo is in my first post check it out dude

Bubbles LM
17-06-10, 01:31 PM
Yup, will do when I'm back on my comp, using a friend's laptop at the mo. Speak soon buddy

The_Purps
04-08-10, 11:20 AM
Yeah Im a Reason fan, Ive been using Reason 5 the last while, Ive been testing it out so far so good. Theres not many new instruments added, the new Kong drum machine is pretty cool, it a complicated bit of kit and will take a bit of getting used too, the Kong drums are loaded with a lots of new features, a scaled down NNXT, Drum synths and effects for each drum. All the usual characters are still there though. They have improved the workflow, sequencer etc, still no way to run audio through it, no VST support etc, its a good step forward but still has a long way to go before they catch up with the rest namely Ableton. Still if your a Reason fan youll love it like me.

funkygreens
08-08-10, 10:18 AM
Hey legoman
reason does support cubase and has done for years,
it was propellorheads who developed rewire if i remember rightly,
i use the 2 together for most of my professional and personal work and it runs like a dream.

Bitterfly
08-08-10, 12:20 PM
Was fruity to start, moved to reason for a year, no vst support (still), tried cubase, too hard and annoying for me, finally moved to ableton live, on version 8 now, absolutely love it!

It has a great help section and learning curve, as good a sound bank as reason, as easy to use as fruity, and as technical as cubase. (never had a mac so logic is out)

Plus vst support as well as easy routing, time stretching etc, can't help going on about it in any music related chat lol

Sorry, reason 5, looks ok yeah, but no vst support?? They need to look into that asap IMO

Ever tried ableton?

Oh yeah, what are you making anyway?

hmm I think I should give ableton a stab then, I need something that produces better a sound than FL; I love it for how quick you can knock up a track but when I export a track it seems a bit flat, even if I export on the best settings.

Never liked reason, I just can't gel with it!

stormdrum
08-08-10, 01:18 PM
Once you get into Ableton you'll love it. It makes your work flow very quick which I find great for messing with ideas. Cubase is my main weapon of choice though, I learnt on Cubase VST or whatever it was called back in the day so the progression through the newer versions has been fairly straight forward, I'm also a big Reason fan, whilst it does have its limitations as outlined above I find it another great tool for experimenting and jamming with, once happy with a rough track or loop I usually export the audio and manipulate it in Wavelab or Cubase.

The_Purps
08-08-10, 02:11 PM
Ableton and Reason best combo ever. Reasons Redrum and Subtractor synth are the two individual best bits of software Ive used add them to Ableton and youve got a mighty fine setup. I think right now Ableton is the best software program on the market, theres nothing it cant do really, well very few things really.

The Green Brothers
08-08-10, 02:43 PM
Reason is dope, I stepped back form making beat about a year ago and I was just getting ready to switch over. But I'm pretty sure that when I pick it back up that where I'm going...with an MPC 1000 as a controller...

but all in all its about the final product and being able to get whats in you head into the beat... Shit about 6 years ago some kids tried to get my label to sign them and where making beats on a Game boy.... it wasn't great but It had potential...

or how about the new I phone.... I know a couple of people making bangers on the phone.......thats just crazy...but if its dope its dope ya know....