PDA

View Full Version : what can i cure with? ...Davey

djdavey2010
22-06-10, 10:39 PM
hey all i am aware that fruit can be put in when curing but i was wondering what other ways and things i can cure my green with to add different flavors, and how it is done correctly please as i am on my first grow. thanks :smokie:

BURNZ
22-06-10, 10:48 PM
The best flavor come from the plants genetics and nothing else, IMO. I've heard of people trying to add different flavors and only end up with a hash tasting product.

BudMan
22-06-10, 10:56 PM
Yeah find some fruity strains, one of the best smelling/tasting strains ive grown out is arcata tw, sweet candy cherry, slightly menthol, is immense

I also love the fruity smell of NL, bubblegum and blueberry

Just about to start some jackie-o aswell, (california orange x jack candy), cant wait to try that one ;)

djdavey2010
22-06-10, 11:20 PM
thanks lads, anyone else?

dekay
23-06-10, 12:23 AM
I grow weed i enjoy try that.:p

Road_Runner
24-06-10, 02:01 PM
hey all i am aware that fruit can be put in when curing but i was wondering what other ways and things i can cure my green with to add different flavors, and how it is done correctly please as i am on my first grow. thanks :smokie:

You can use fruit peel to 're-fresh' over dried weed but I only ever use citrusy types - orange, lemon, lime

Lemon is the best in my opionion as it leaves the fresh lemony smell

I can't say it changes the flavour at all, just allows you to bring a bit more moisture back and then re-cure.

You shouldn't really be using any fruit or anything else during the first harvest/dry/cure - just dry slowly in room temp space, kept dark with good air flow until the stems snap. The outside of the buds will feel crispy but inside it'ss till sticky. When it gets to that point, cut the buds from the stems and put in jars to cure for another week to 8 weeks (depending on how you like it)

There's loads on info on how to dry and cure properly but it's one of those things you get better at with practice - you develop an eye for it

If you want to flavour bland tasting weed, try growing better tasting strains....

I have heard of people adding fruit juice, cordial or food flavour whilst watering but not sure if it every really worked that well?

djdavey2010
25-06-10, 05:54 PM
You can use fruit peel to 're-fresh' over dried weed but I only ever use citrusy types - orange, lemon, lime

Lemon is the best in my opionion as it leaves the fresh lemony smell

I can't say it changes the flavour at all, just allows you to bring a bit more moisture back and then re-cure.

You shouldn't really be using any fruit or anything else during the first harvest/dry/cure - just dry slowly in room temp space, kept dark with good air flow until the stems snap. The outside of the buds will feel crispy but inside it'ss till sticky. When it gets to that point, cut the buds from the stems and put in jars to cure for another week to 8 weeks (depending on how you like it)

There's loads on info on how to dry and cure properly but it's one of those things you get better at with practice - you develop an eye for it

If you want to flavour bland tasting weed, try growing better tasting strains....

I have heard of people adding fruit juice, cordial or food flavour whilst watering but not sure if it every really worked that well?

thats interesting, anyone know much about watering with orange/apple juice and other things?

ViK
02-07-10, 11:23 AM
I would hazard a guess that feeding juice to plants will effect the smoke in a negative way. A smooth smoke comes from getting herb that is free of any chemicals, sugars, chlorophyll and so on... if you add sgary stuff towards the end of harvest time you're reintroducing stuff that makes it burn and taste nasty.

Though mountain dew weed sounds like a good idea.

CockRoach
02-07-10, 10:53 PM
Fan leaf = ftw

cock

djdavey2010
04-07-10, 09:55 PM
Fan leaf = ftw

cock

????????????????????????????????/