PDA

View Full Version : Harvesting Early

relaxed dude
25-07-10, 10:36 PM
Hi all, ive got a couple of White Widows cooking in hydro and are about 2 weeks since the first buds appeared. im off on holiday in 3 weeks so come rain or shine ill be needing to crop em. will they still be smokable or will they be crap as i doubt they will be ready? im gutted i got my times wrong but not much i can do now, its my first crop so we live and we learn !
i just want a bit of smoke for holiday so if its going to be crap ill start putting my feelers out for some proper stuff :bong:

jobby2812
25-07-10, 11:10 PM
IMO not worth it. They are only going to be 4 weeks old as you will want to dry them out. Buds will be small with little thc and way under developed.

Naxx
25-07-10, 11:25 PM
Deffinatly not worth it mate... nearly all the THC will be clear which is useless and doesnt get you high... not to mention there will be hardly any budmass as it swells up mostly in its last weeks of flowering... how long are you away for? is there noone you trust who could take care? it would be such a shame to waste them like that :(

nuube
25-07-10, 11:28 PM
Is there no way you can fill the res or whatever up with weak nutes and hope for the best?

Or can you move them into some sort of soil set up?

relaxed dude
25-07-10, 11:46 PM
im away for a week, not really got anyone local i trust, my lot are too far away to be coming round. theres so many buds it will be a shame to waste it. i might see if i can get my nephew round for the week, if not i think the soil route which nuube suggested may be my only other option!
thanks for your replies people, would be gutting to crop them and they were pants!!

jobby2812
26-07-10, 12:33 AM
Top the res off and keep the pumps going on that. Just turn the light off for the week. The plant won't take as much water up. I've done it in soil before for a week and they have survived. They will look rough when you get back but they soon bounce back when you get the light on them.

relaxed dude
26-07-10, 12:54 AM
Top the res off and keep the pumps going on that. Just turn the light off for the week. The plant won't take as much water up. I've done it in soil before for a week and they have survived. They will look rough when you get back but they soon bounce back when you get the light on them.

really, they will survive that long without light? WOW you learn something new everyday ! thats worth thinking about, cheers mate :)

wert
26-07-10, 01:08 AM
if you read the link [post 92 >] plants are left for a week [in soil].
http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?3908-lemon-stinkys-12-12-from-seed-using-only-200w-enviro/page5

Naxx
26-07-10, 03:26 PM
As your only going for a week mate i would deffo just let it cope on its own.. can you set them to water slightly less? would a full res not last a week?

only give them a week of no light as a final resort imo

jobby2812
26-07-10, 05:56 PM
My only fear with leaving the lights on is if the plants grow they could get burnt. There is also the fire risk but then I suppose that is no different to us going out for the day and leaving the light on.

wheelchair
26-07-10, 06:18 PM
leave the lamps on, just get a good fire alarm and place it by the front door. There are some good people in the world, one of them will sort it out. Worse case you get busted for growing but still have a home to go too!!

seriously though, dont waste them, even if you put them in soil and throw them in a bush.

bigandy
27-07-10, 01:31 PM
just water them well and leave the lights off they'll be ok. and then turn everythin back on when your back.

you might alter your results slightly but your not worryin or runing your crop then.