PDA

View Full Version : Big problem with height and flowering

Beggginer
31-05-08, 10:30 AM
Hey there dudes.... I need your help!
I have some marijuana plants in my greenhouse and in the beggining everything was normal... but now they are so big that I can't control them.
If there is a way to stop their veg. period.. pls tell me
... something that can make them flower

LOOK EM:http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2112/dsc00614gn6.jpg

CheeseGreen
31-05-08, 11:19 AM
Wow. They're pretty big. You might have to cover them with something like a blanket or a bin liner or something to shorten their days to 12 hours. I'm not entirely sure because i don't grow outdoor but i think that's pretty much the only way you can make them flower.

bigballs
31-05-08, 11:28 AM
hello and welcome mate as ive not seen you round the boards :thcleaf:
You are a bit stuck with the natural light outside, the plants wont begin to flower till the daylight hours get to around 12/12 which is late august september. Its no problem tho just top your plants while they are still in veg to control the height.
http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=1377&highlight=topping
if you wish to crop before late sept/ ooctober time, you could consider investing in some autoflowering strains - ones that flower regardless of light patterns
http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=3050&highlight=autoflowering+strains
Hope that helps a bit

Beggginer
31-05-08, 11:44 AM
hm.. I can't go to my greenhouse every day.And I can't guess if i make it for a week and then stop,the flowering will proceed or not.

CheeseGreen
31-05-08, 11:52 AM
I think what BB said is your best option. Top the plants and wait it out. If you can't get to the grow site everyday you're screwed really. lol.

Monty Bong
01-06-08, 10:31 PM
I would agree, topping is your only option. The only way you could bring them in to flower early would be by putting them in complete darkness for 12 hours at the same time each evening, then putting them in daylight at the same time each morning......every day for the whole of the flowering period.
The other thing to consider is your plants could triple in size during flowering, if you don't top, your plants look like they'll outgrow your greenhouse.

CheeseGreen
01-06-08, 10:37 PM
If your greenhouse is already in a subtle location you may consider just moving them outside. It's definatly late enough in the year and they would do well i think, when the buds finally came through you would have some HUUUGE colas. Obviously not planting them in the ground, just in their pots.

What do other people think?

keshman
01-06-08, 10:46 PM
Could you not just supercrop them...just bend them all over dude.

Check out youtube if you need to, easy to do and very beneficial, makes all the upper buds think they're the top cola instead of just the one...and it lowers your plants heights by 50% or so.

When you hit flowering you're going to notice a fair bit of stretching still and now's the time to do what needs to be done whilst the stems are still supple and not too woody.

Monty Bong
01-06-08, 10:59 PM
Keeping them in pots may be a problem, as the plant gets bigger it'll use up all the nutrients in the soil very quickly, unless Beggginer can make regular visits during flowering with nutrients and water, the plant could dry out within a day.
If he decides he does want to grow them outside of the greenhouse, and does have a secure growsite, I think he'll be better off planting them directly in the ground and giving the roots all the space they want.

CheeseGreen
01-06-08, 11:05 PM
Keeping them in pots may be a problem, as the plant gets bigger it'll use up all the nutrients in the soil very quickly, unless Beggginer can make regular visits during flowering with nutrients and water, the plant could dry out within a day.
If he decides he does want to grow them outside of the greenhouse, and does have a secure growsite, I think he'll be better off planting them directly in the ground and giving the roots all the space they want.

The fact that outdoors they'd be vegging so much longer means the roots probably would need more room anyway as they seem like monsters. Planting them in the ground would be fairly beneficial all around. You could dig some lovely nutrient rich soil around the outside of them, they'd love it.

Good call on the pots monty :)

allahu_akbar
02-06-08, 04:14 AM
Hey there dudes.... I need your help!
I have some marijuana plants in my greenhouse and in the beggining everything was normal... but now they are so big that I can't control them.
If there is a way to stop their veg. period.. pls tell me
... something that can make them flower

LOOK EM:http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2112/dsc00614gn6.jpg

man thats a funny situation, because they will get way bigger when you flower, how long have you had them in veg?
i would definatly bend them over, if you have the room of course

good luck with whatever you do haha

Beggginer
02-06-08, 10:01 AM
Well... the main problem is that I want them to flower NOW!! If I take them outside they will grow til September...right?! :(My plants are in veg. period from 3 months already and I dont care how ..I want them to flower now!
Everything connected with pots...take them away from the greenhouse.. or topping... is useless for me..couse it's not a way to make them flower now!

Monty Bong
02-06-08, 10:34 AM
The only way you can make your plants flower 'now' is to place them in total darkness for 12 hours each night, then repeat at the same time every night until the plant has finished flowering. If you can not get to your grow site at the same time every day for the next 9 or 10 weeks then you will not be able to force flower them.

popefull27
04-06-08, 08:45 PM
nothing you really can do

allahu_akbar
05-06-08, 07:33 AM
nothing you really can do

what the fuck cunt, did you not read any of the suggestions above?
whats up with all your small 5 word posts that serve no help?

CheeseGreen
05-06-08, 09:14 AM
what the fuck cunt, did you not read any of the suggestions above?
whats up with all your small 5 word posts that serve no help?

Haha. Harsh Allah (yes i called you allah :D). But that dude does average about 5 words per post and about 40 posts a day.

Not got anything more to contribute mate? lol. we're not gonna rate you as a grower/toker on your post count.