PDA

View Full Version : hobbies....

blue widow
07-07-07, 08:03 AM
ok folks i will start it, we all love growing/smoking weed, but what other hobbies to you have, me myself , i love playing golf, and WATCHING football lol

slim_tim
07-07-07, 08:23 AM
I love mixing gd tunes and goin on bike rides in the countryside, i do also play a little badminton which keeps me fit.

blue widow
07-07-07, 08:26 AM
gd stuff m8, my m8s brother just got into mountainbiking, he says its ace, and got himself a cracker of a bike, cheap as chips hehe, the guy in the shop done himself hahaha

slim_tim
07-07-07, 08:35 AM
gd stuff m8, my m8s brother just got into mountainbiking, he says its ace, and got himself a cracker of a bike, cheap as chips hehe, the guy in the shop done himself hahaha

yeah man, its surprising how good a bike you can get with a couple of hundred quid... i don't really do alot of mountainbiking really, i just like riding on the country roads.. it's very relaxing in a weird sort of way. :)

blue widow
07-07-07, 09:27 AM
i think that would be quite cool actually m8, riding along the countryside wasted hehehe

lewiboy
07-07-07, 09:30 AM
Yeah man I like a game of golf, also snooker. The only sports I dont do are the ones you have to be fit for. I am totaly unfit. And really cant stand football watching it included.

blue widow
07-07-07, 09:33 AM
klkl lads, i also like a wee game of pool/snooker aswell when i think of it

TheHappyCamper
07-07-07, 10:15 AM
I love mountain biking! glad to hear your m8's brother got into it too. In fact I like most types of mountain biking. I've recently got myself a trials bikes as well which is fun as f*ck :D.

As part of my D of E gold I picked up guitar. I'm not very good yet but its starting to grow on me. The only song I can play properly is Sink florida sink by Against me.

RealDrumandBass
07-07-07, 10:22 AM
Well smoking weed has got to be in there.
I also do beans and mushrooms quite often,not that i like to mention it on these forums.

I love mixing drum and bass,only been at it a month but i getting into it big time.

Also love going to raves,just broking out all night long like a mad man.
Felling the tunes:dj:

LAL
07-07-07, 10:24 AM
i am such a sports junky... i love the gym, cricket, rugby, football, tennis..... i also love playin poker, for real and online... then i cannot forget my technics and pioneer djm707,,, best scratch mixer in the world, except for her big sister the 909,,, but that like £800,,, fuck that....so yeah, i like to scratch..... i love watchin footballl, im an avid arsenal fan... roll on 2007/08 season... go to quite a few games... best game i went to last year was arsenal vs spurs,,, we won 3-0... it was quality, and we did it without henry.....
so obviuosly, i also love growing and smoking weed,,, but cannot stand any sort of class a's... been there, done that.... there not good!

I cook myself dinner everynite, which i really enjoy, i love makin roast dinners and pasta, lalsagne is my favourite..... but i gta say,, with no gf atm, its not as good... its nice to be able to cook for someone who is gna appreciate it!

I love gardening too, not just growing bud, i also grow carrots, beetroots, potatoes, parsnips, beans,peas,artichokes and onions,,,, and im gonna start growing jalepenos when the weather picks up....my veg is rubbish this year tho,,, such shit weather.....]

apart form having an occasional beer with maytes, or having family round for a bbq, thats about it.....!

Mum
07-07-07, 11:23 AM
I'm a big fan of Wing Chun Kung Fu, that takes up about 6 hours a week. I go to the gym for about the same ammount of time too, weights mostly but I always slip in the odd cardio sesh.
Other than that I like raving and mixing, painting (every now and again) and reading.
I'm also a big fan of independent and foreign films, anything that makes me think. :)

D
07-07-07, 12:38 PM
I love mountain biking! glad to hear your m8's brother got into it too. In fact I like most types of mountain biking. I've recently got myself a trials bikes as well which is fun as f*ck :D.

As part of my D of E gold I picked up guitar. I'm not very good yet but its starting to grow on me. The only song I can play properly is Sink florida sink by Against me.

Do any of you know Steve Peat? Pro Mountain Biker?
Haha, I'm distantly related to him.

Against Me! Are amazing, good ol' folk punk.

My hobbies include:
Fishing
Pool/Snooker
Weed
Reptiles
Digital Art

sweetsinner
07-07-07, 03:01 PM
love makin roast dinners and pasta,
I'm the same, i love cooking, but really love making the classics like roast dinners, casseroles, pies etc...

I'm a big fan of Wing Chun Kung Fu, that takes up about 6 hours a week. I go to the gym for about the same ammount of time too, weights mostly but I always slip in the odd cardio sesh.

Now your going to have to explain to me what Wing Chun Kung Fu makes is so different to normal kung fu? I used to go the gym every day for 2 1/2 hours.. i miss that, i just cant do it anymore..

My hobbies are:

My little angel..*cough*
Weed (smoking,talking,planning on growing and taking over the world with my green ways)
Reading
Theatre/Acting
Films
Selling on Ebay
Laughing with friends

Sure i have missed a few things out but im not with it today x

Mum
07-07-07, 03:08 PM
Woah, I can't believe I missed weed off of my list! Fool! :D

There are many different styles of Kung Fu, I think the term "Kung Fu" just means "Hard work"...

Cal
07-07-07, 03:14 PM
In my spare time i mostly mess about online, play games, play piano and read. I dont watch tv exept for football really.

Im playing resident evil 4 at the mo...

Im reading "philosophy and the new physics"...

Ive been watching "family guy" online...

And i learned "nightswimming" by REM on piano during the week.....

Thats been my hobbies for this week.

Bitterfly
07-07-07, 04:49 PM
^

res evil 4 is just unreal.

anyway , my hobbies are djing, been doin it since a was sixteen,
anyting cannabis related but mainly growin it
makin tunes on FL
talkin shite on the internet all day
drawin the odd picture

and as for games im playing call of duty 3 and forza 2 on the 360:stoned-smilie:

blurry-vision
07-07-07, 08:47 PM
Hobbies well here we go..

(In no particular order)

DJ-ing mainly Techno tunes but also play Hard Trance and old skool Hardcore, Gambling on sports(It's also my main income), walking my two dogs, growing and toking, Jogging(when I can be arsed) PS2, good food...:)

LAL
07-07-07, 09:10 PM
HEYBLUURY, is that really ur job? betting on sprots,,, i cant believe i missed that out on mine,,, i love it,, but cannot stand losing so in only ever bet smalll, but i have won a few times... i once won around £180 for a 50p eachway double on a dog and a greyhound, i think the odds were 5-1 and 33-1 and they both come first... sick!

LAL
07-07-07, 09:11 PM
der a horrse and a greyhound!

blurry-vision
07-07-07, 09:15 PM
HEYBLUURY, is that really ur job? betting on sprots,,, i cant believe i missed that out on mine,,, i love it,, but cannot stand losing so in only ever bet smalll, but i have won a few times... i once won around £180 for a 50p eachway double on a dog and a greyhound, i think the odds were 5-1 and 33-1 and they both come first... sick!

Yeah man it sure is been doing it full time since November 04 saying that I was a milkman for 8 years prior to that but when the round went bust I just went full time on Betfair...probably have to go to work again some day but for now no chance !! :joint::joint:

LAL
07-07-07, 09:21 PM
oh man i envy you so much... would love to do that fulltime.... betfair is awesome.... played them for mugs when the we won the ashes in england... in one of the games we won on the 2nd last ball, and i had england to win at 8-1, the draw at 10-1 and australia at 100-1... and the aussies only needed 1 wicket.... just imagine big money on that... what are the main type of bets u make... me like, lucky 15 and trebles etc.... love to bet on the football.. check this my best ever bet was an eightfold on 8 internationals, i put on 50p accumulator and won £167 on my list i had croatia to beat england, poland to beat portugal, and czech republic to draw with island... wat a beast of a best... y didnt i put a tenner on it!!!!!
im so interested in your fulltime betting! how much do you think youve made.. ie wat is your yearly wage on average... ever lost loads and on wat.. plz tell!¬

blurry-vision
07-07-07, 10:16 PM
oh man i envy you so much... would love to do that fulltime.... betfair is awesome.... played them for mugs when the we won the ashes in england... in one of the games we won on the 2nd last ball, and i had england to win at 8-1, the draw at 10-1 and australia at 100-1... and the aussies only needed 1 wicket.... just imagine big money on that... what are the main type of bets u make... me like, lucky 15 and trebles etc.... love to bet on the football.. check this my best ever bet was an eightfold on 8 internationals, i put on 50p accumulator and won £167 on my list i had croatia to beat england, poland to beat portugal, and czech republic to draw with island... wat a beast of a best... y didnt i put a tenner on it!!!!!
im so interested in your fulltime betting! how much do you think youve made.. ie wat is your yearly wage on average... ever lost loads and on wat.. plz tell!¬

LOL yeah the ashes 05 was awesome to punt on, the main bets I do are in running I like to bet on what my eyes tell me then I'll check the in running odds and take the value (if there is any) I also trade bets a lot rather than outright gambles. I tend to not do accumulators there the bets that bookies love as there is nearly always one or two teams who will let you down and cost you your cash, in the 3 years I've been betting full time I've cleared roughly 20 k profit but this is typically going up each year as I increase my turnover so an average wage is hard to say but in the last 3 years I've averaged about 8 k per year but bear in mind my profit on turnover is typically 30-40% so as I increase turnover % profits will become more significant(I hope) the plan is to keep increasing turnover whilst maintaining a nice % profit on said turnover, I've lost quite big at times but usually a bad losing day would be say -300 for the day, once I have lost that much I normally stop and take a few days break from it all but usually if I bet in running I can trade out for a lesser loss than at the start, basically last year (06) I had 9 winning months and three losing months the worst loss was in January where I finished up -1,200(ish) for the month, but in August I cleared 3k profit and that was the best month that year, so far this year I've had two losing months January and May and won the other ones its looking like a good year hopeful of at least 10 k profit this year...:joint:

lewiboy
07-07-07, 10:23 PM
Any good tips are welcomed blurry:greet::greet::pimped:

blurry-vision
07-07-07, 10:32 PM
Cricket: GBP76.08 | Horse Racing: GBP44.44 Total P&L: GBP120.52

This was todays winnings not a bad day could have been better though...:smokie:

LAL
07-07-07, 10:46 PM
yeah i know bookies love accums but they are the best if you only wanna bet small,,, i also think the best value is in eachwaydoubles, in two 8horse races of odds over 5-1.... neway i have had luck with them...I LOVE GAMBLING, itso much fun,,,come on then blurry give us some tips.,.....

i have heard that if your scour worldwide bookies yuo can find odds for a game of tennis as player x= 7/4 player y= 6/4.... guaranteed money, is it true, and if yes, i bet its very rare....... but you never know,,, peeps in aussie land would generally make ther star the favourite, as would the americans if they were head to head..... and the beauty would be evenif you were to put on £100,000 and the othe rbookies slashed there odds for that player, you wqould get an even better price for the next player you back with £100.000 and you would smash it,,,,

blurry-vision
07-07-07, 10:57 PM
yeah i know bookies love accums but they are the best if you only wanna bet small,,, i also think the best value is in eachwaydoubles, in two 8horse races of odds over 5-1.... neway i have had luck with them...I LOVE GAMBLING, itso much fun,,,come on then blurry give us some tips.,.....

i have heard that if your scour worldwide bookies yuo can find odds for a game of tennis as player x= 7/4 player y= 6/4.... guaranteed money, is it true, and if yes, i bet its very rare....... but you never know,,, peeps in aussie land would generally make ther star the favourite, as would the americans if they were head to head..... and the beauty would be evenif you were to put on £100,000 and the othe rbookies slashed there odds for that player, you wqould get an even better price for the next player you back with £100.000 and you would smash it,,,,

Oh yeah for the working man accu's are very good but when you need to win regular they are not so good imo, as far as tips go I hate giving any out as it just adds pressure when there is already enough pressure on as it is, however I quite like Federer to beat Nadal 3 sets to 1 in the Tennis tomorrow so I'll have a bit on that probably, although after today its a bit quiet for me as I bet mainly on Cricket and Football the Football is very quiet atm only the Copa America worth touching right now and Eng v W.I. just finished today. But the Indians are here for the next cricket and the 1st Test starts on the 19th this month so once I know what he pitch is gonna play like I may put a tip up for that one but the thing is you really need to trade cricket in-running so it really is not as simple as just tipping its more of a series of bets placed over however many days the match lasts, tippping is mainly for Football and Horse racing....

EDIT: as far as the x player 7/4 v 6/4 with another bookie well thats known as Arbitage where you can lock in a certain profit by backing the bigger price then laying the shorter price but thats really only worthwhile if you bet in very big numbers and its also very rare to find bookies going with a bigger price than on Betfair, Betfair is the best for odds simple as that..

LAL
07-07-07, 11:03 PM
i totally understand that, ive been telling people for ages that theres big money to be made in relatively even test series,,, the prices just fluctuate ridicoulsy compared to any other sport,,,,, i have never had the balls to bet big on the cricket, or ne other sprot for that matter, the most ive lost in a day is probli £30 and i was so angry i didnt bet for a month and then on my next bet i won like a £100 on a double.... ur right betting isnt about tips... i thinks its about timing and knowledge.....wat else do u think?

blurry-vision
07-07-07, 11:11 PM
i totally understand that, ive been telling people for ages that theres big money to be made in relatively even test series,,, the prices just fluctuate ridicoulsy compared to any other sport,,,,, i have never had the balls to bet big on the cricket, or ne other sprot for that matter, the most ive lost in a day is probli £30 and i was so angry i didnt bet for a month and then on my next bet i won like a £100 on a double.... ur right betting isnt about tips... i thinks its about timing and knowledge.....wat else do u think?

I think you have to find a sport your really comfortable with first, by that I mean you have very good knowledge of the players and teams involved, also you need to know the key statistics this is why I love betting on cricket all the stats are there in Black and White example : Today W.I. made 289/5 batting first at Trent bridge in Nottingham, now whats good about that score is in the history of international one day cricket at Trent Bridge(31games) the record run chase is/was 282/4 so in 31 games no team has ever chased down a bigger score, yet England were just 6/4 to win attempting something which has not happened in 31 previous games so why the fuck were they 6/4 to win ?? Exactly...:joint:

LAL
07-07-07, 11:17 PM
yeah thats fuckin true,,, if you like cricket, my house in leeds overlooks headingley stadium, you can see everething, we had a bbq and watched the test match in may,,, fuckin incredible,,, got on sky and everthing...lol
so y if you knew england would win toaday y didnt u bet really big on the west indies... i wud have bet on them to win frokm the outset, and then taken a good price on engalnd later on... or is that wat u did? a newspaper i read the other day tipped KP to topscore for england today at 7-2 ,,,, the people who took him up got seriosly :bump: lol second ball duck... how comes we are so good in our test record, but were rubbish at the one dayers, i dont think its just because of vaughn... wat do u think?

blurry-vision
07-07-07, 11:42 PM
yeah thats fuckin true,,, if you like cricket, my house in leeds overlooks headingley stadium, you can see everething, we had a bbq and watched the test match in may,,, fuckin incredible,,, got on sky and everthing...lol
so y if you knew england would win toaday y didnt u bet really big on the west indies... i wud have bet on them to win frokm the outset, and then taken a good price on engalnd later on... or is that wat u did? a newspaper i read the other day tipped KP to topscore for england today at 7-2 ,,,, the people who took him up got seriosly :bump: lol second ball duck... how comes we are so good in our test record, but were rubbish at the one dayers, i dont think its just because of vaughn... wat do u think?

I would have had a bigger bet but I have already won a nice bit so far this month so just went easy, bit pissed off actually as I really should have made more but meh, plus June(small profit) and May(losing month) were not good months so going into July my confidence was low hence the smaller bets, saying that I will be having plenty on next time I see a nice bet as I'm now nicely in profit so far this month.
Thats another thing with gambling, Confidence is a massive factor imo when your good your very confident but if you have a bad run confidence drops, as far as Eng in ODI's for me a big reason for todays loss was the fact Flintoff is out he's a bigger miss in ODI's than Tests plus in Tests we have Hoggard who is excellent but rubbish in ODI's plus Harmison is the same so in ODI's we currently have an inexperienced side especially in the bowling, plus the new skipper(Colly) needs time to get bedded in, also W.I are not bad at ODI's on there day they can beat any fucker, but at Tests they are fuckin awaful as we proved winning 3-0 earlier in the summer..

LAL
07-07-07, 11:53 PM
ok blurry, im gna have a joint and hit the sack, but nice chatting to ya,,, im sure we will speak again... take it easy mate,,,,

blurry-vision
07-07-07, 11:58 PM
ok blurry, im gna have a joint and hit the sack, but nice chatting to ya,,, im sure we will speak again... take it easy mate,,,,

Yeah no sweat dude glad to find a sporting addict...:)

blue widow
08-07-07, 07:11 AM
i love a bet aswell, mainly spanish fotty tho i do, but been trying to stay away from the bookies and doing well i may add for about 8 weeks now, good to see you earn a living out of it blurry m8, all the best on that muka!!