PDA

View Full Version : Wet Weight -> Dry Weight

FredFerret
31-08-11, 02:36 PM
Hi All

Well Ive just cut them down and they are currently hanging to dry..

Question:- With them still being wet, and still having a lot of branches on them, they weigh approx 1.3Kg. Does anyone have a rough idea of what I will be looking at when they are dry?

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/FredFerret/Charlie/3108112.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/FredFerret/Charlie/3108111.jpg7

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/FredFerret/Charlie/3108114.jpg

:harvest:

Forest
31-08-11, 02:39 PM
a 1/4 of wet weight as a rule and if over its a bonus

and you might want to trim you buds a bit more it easier now and not when they are dry imo,
theres to much leaf there

mellowed
31-08-11, 02:40 PM
You can expect to lose about 75% of the weight when dry mate. It sucks ass but that's the way it goes.

up2nogood
31-08-11, 02:41 PM
nice buds..give them a better trim next time ..;)

The Lost Soul
31-08-11, 02:56 PM
Wet stalks weigh a fuckin tonne, get them cut off and then weigh it.
Cheers

FredFerret
31-08-11, 03:12 PM
Cheers all

I know theres still quite a bit of leaf on there,, I needed to be quick cos gotta do other things,,

I will get em out again tomorrow and try and trim more off.. And as for the Stalks lostsoul, i need to keep em on for now to hang em up with,, know what i mean...

Might try and get a screen to dry em on??

Cheers for the help guys!

smokymcpot
31-08-11, 03:17 PM
i tend to loose around 2 thirds of the weight.
so if i have 90oz i will end up with about 30ish oz.

FredFerret
31-08-11, 03:46 PM
Cheers smoky.. Is that wet weight with stalks and dry weight without stalks?

alwaystoned_1
31-08-11, 03:48 PM
i tend to loose around 2 thirds of the weight.
so if i have 90oz i will end up with about 30ish oz.

wish mine would only lose that lol mine always lose about 75% then a little more after ive removed all the stems

Forest
31-08-11, 04:18 PM
wish mine would only lose that lol mine always lose about 75% then a little more after ive removed all the stems

same as that m8 every time some of the led boys dont seem to lose as much ive read

paul_sheff
31-08-11, 04:35 PM
I Aam yet to harvest my first plant, only 1 auto but she's a big girl ( just as i love mi ladies lol ) and i aint got a clue how much to guess she has on her, i know for the amount ya get in a shit 20 deal these days ill be more than happy no matter what she gives me in weight, myself and the mrs will be bongged to fook lol

paul

Because_i_got_high
31-08-11, 04:55 PM
i cant see why people bother weighing wet...end of the day it doesnt mean anything, all your going to do is make yourself feel gutted that you no longer have 50oz but more like 10oz when youve dried it.

i would much rather guess at a sensible amount and any more is a bonus..

smokymcpot
31-08-11, 06:43 PM
without stalks,just bud mate.
the only stalks there would be in the main cola's.
my last grow(even tho it had no thc on it) was 96oz wet,no stalks,just tweed.
when it finally dried out and was ready to smoke i had 28oz.
so for me its around 2 thirds give or take a few oz mate.
i always aim for 4oz per plant,but mine grow to about 5-6ft.i never get those big ass chunky buds i always see on here.
any more than 4 for me is a bonus as i go though an ounce every fortnight.
which actually makes me think now.........
whats better (for the most yield) quick short grows or longer taller grows?

Anabolic
31-08-11, 06:52 PM
Very nice harvest there mate :)

You have waited months to chop them I'm sure you can wait a week or so to find out the wet weight :laugh:

FredFerret
01-09-11, 10:05 AM
Ok.. Im off to get better scissors now and possibly a dryin rack so i can cut the buds off the stems and dry that way... Good idea? y/n?

Forest
01-09-11, 10:11 AM
well if you dry them on the stems it can take a bit longer, and they dry more evenly, but thats a good thing they can dry to quickly as just buds and if dryed to quick they get that hay smell and you will need a longer (three weeks at least ) cure to sort them out, for ease i leave them on the enough stem to hang them ive dryed both ways and theres not much in it tbh

dont put a fan blowing on them just have a fan blowing be side them, directly blowing air on them leads to drying to fast imo

FredFerret
01-09-11, 01:29 PM
Ok cool. Cheers Gman.. I think ill leave em on the stems and go for a slower dry.. But as for a fan.. How about just putting it so it just circulates air and on the timer.. 15 mins every hour?

B.A.BARACUS
01-09-11, 01:48 PM
dont weigh when wet, simples.

FredFerret
01-09-11, 02:04 PM
But im impatient and wanna know how much i got lol

B.A.BARACUS
01-09-11, 02:13 PM
But im impatient and wanna know how much i got lol. i just weigh when dry :)

Forest
01-09-11, 02:23 PM
yes just direct the fan to bounce of a wall or sth to circulate around them

smokymcpot
02-09-11, 07:45 AM
yes mate good idea,i have a drying rack form ikea, cost me £3.05 and its got about shelves on it too,great for the price