PDA

View Full Version : EDIT Takeover..

Mum
13-06-07, 03:40 PM
Well, everyone's probably noticed that Mark and Vlad have sold edit and it's now in the hands of this "The Shaman" bloke...
What do you think it will mean for edit? Will the place go to shit? Improve? Or stay the same?
I don't like the idea, but it's only because I know how well Bush and Vlad have run the place, and I know nothing about this new guy.
Time will tell I suppose, what do you guys think?
Will THC talk become the new EDIT forums as it were? ;)

RealDrumandBass
13-06-07, 03:46 PM
Well,as the rest of the team are staying i think the service will be just as good.

But as far as new product,customer relations etc go,we will have to wait and see.

lkdj2003
13-06-07, 03:54 PM
This is a real tough one to answer really. I mean Bushy built up the site/community to what it is and i think it's a very very BIG role to take over and keep things running the same. On the other hand the chap may take over and nothing changes at all, could even get better if edit ever could. :confused:

I was shocked to hear the news and a little gutted too, as we all know Bushy as the main man. :(

Still time will tell. :)

As for THC becoming big, who knows mate the world is our oyster so to speak. :smokie:

Mum
13-06-07, 03:57 PM
As for THC becoming big, who knows mate the world is our oyster so to speak. :smokie:

http://www.ultimatetoys.com.my/New/Scarface/TheWorld/Scarface%20The%20World%20Is%20Yours%202.jpg

The world is yours dude... :D

Ragman
13-06-07, 04:04 PM
Well, everyone's probably noticed that Mark and Vlad have sold edit and it's now in the hands of this "The Shaman" bloke...
What do you think it will mean for edit? Will the place go to shit? Improve? Or stay the same?
I don't like the idea, but it's only because I know how well Bush and Vlad have run the place, and I know nothing about this new guy.
Time will tell I suppose, what do you guys think?
Will THC talk become the new EDIT forums as it were? ;)

Hi Mum,

Great Topic im sure there will be a lot of debate about the sale of EDIT as I know how popular the site is, I believe bush has made a great job with the site and has made it the biggest in the UK and the community will be a different place without him.
As a partner of this forum Im not going to say if this is a good or bad thing to happen, I will leave that to you:smokie: but what I will say is lkdj2003 and myself are excited and determined to build a happy community and make THC the place to be:)

Ragman

lkdj2003
13-06-07, 04:40 PM
Lol @ Mum, great pic. :D

what I will say is lkdj2003 and myself are excited and determined to build a happy community and make THC the place to be:)

Nicely said Ragman. Im sure with the great members that we are starting off with, it won't take long to be a buzzing place. :joint:

Master Poet
13-06-07, 08:00 PM
I was over at Bushy's place on Sunday and heard the news there and must admit to being a little shocked. I think my chin hit the floor. I had a drop of the bubbly stuff with him and saw the new owner over there too, although I must admit that I had seen him before several times when I have been over to see Bushy, Vlad, HD and all the others and found it a little strange that he was not introduced, and I must admit that it did get me thinking some. But as Bushy explained, he was bound by the terms of the sale not to say anything, so its understandable. I count Bushy as a friend and if he says the new owner is ok, then thats all good with me. We will wait and see how things go. I for one will still be using Edit and if the service continues as it is now, I can see I will be using it for years to come. I'm sure the new owner knows what a fantastic customer base he has with Edit and lets face it, would you want to loose that?

I rest my case Your Honour:tiphat:

lkdj2003
13-06-07, 08:08 PM
Great post poet, i agree with what you have said. But it's still a shame bushy is selling up. Still he must have something lined up for a bigger brighter future. :toke:

Grape101
14-06-07, 11:17 AM
My gut feeling tells me that nothing will change on edit.

Mum
14-06-07, 03:59 PM
I love EDIT, but of late it's just got a bit too busy for my liking. It's lost the close community feel a bit like we had a couple years ago I feel; the only place that it really still has it are the growing forums.
Don't get me wrong, I love EDIT, but it's nice to be able to visit a forum of friends which; is more relaxed and close knit, like THC talk. :)

lkdj2003
14-06-07, 04:19 PM
I love EDIT, but of late it's just got a bit too busy for my liking. It's lost the close community feel a bit like we had a couple years ago I feel; the only place that it really still has it are the growing forums.
Don't get me wrong, I love EDIT, but it's nice to be able to visit a forum of friends which; is more relaxed and close knit, like THC talk. :)

Im glad it's not just me then Mum, i was thinking the same thing. Edit has got so big that the close community has seemed to have been broken down so to speak. I can remember all the regulars on edit saying when i first joined that most of the regular people of the forum seem to be drifting away and as i said earlier, i and now you have started to see it happen lately aswell. :(

I also will still go on edit as i like the site/people too. You hit the nail on the head mum, as you say this forum will be a close grower community packed with great people. :joint:

Midnight Toker
14-06-07, 06:52 PM
I really like EDIT & as long as the new guy doesn't fuck with the prices i'll still buy loads of gear from them.

If prices go up, product ranges change, forum vibe changes i'll be long gone ...

Gotta give the new guy a chance though.

blurry-vision
14-06-07, 08:31 PM

Yeah agreed Edit seems a bit hyper/busy to me less is more really. as far as the new owner goes I'm sure he knows its in his interests to keep it all the same as before..

Blow
15-06-07, 01:47 PM
I think EDIT is still a great community, but thctalk is the BALLS!

Midnight Toker
15-06-07, 02:06 PM
well people it's up to us to make it the mutts nutzz :bigjoint:

can we have a smilie of a dog with huge nutz ??

that would make a wicked pic at the top of the page with "THCTALK.com, simply the mutz nutz"

how'z that for a slogan ??

sugar_coated_sour
15-06-07, 09:30 PM
Hmmmm its a funny one, but can any of you really blame the bloke? His bank manager must be pretty happy! Plus the last 2 years for "legal highs" have not been easy with the whole mushroom and bzp BS.

Will edit change? Well who knows, time will tell. Bush has left some pretty big size 13's too fill, but i guess hes just kinda set the standard that this new bloke has to meet. I can't really see bushy/vlad ever leaving edit, if the shit ever hits the fan i dont think bush is the kinda guy to sit back and shrug it of as "its not my business, not my problem", so i guess in a round about way im saying no, i dont think it will change too much.

As for the community spirit, again its another tricky one. I love edit and have met some cool friends through it and shall continue too. However, at times (now is one of them) i feel the board is far too busy and its hard to fight past all the "characters" so i just sit back and read, which decreases my involvement some what. But my little community still goes on even if its sometimes over shadowed by alot of the daily rabble!

lkdj2003
15-06-07, 10:22 PM

I looked everywhere and couldn't find one, so i made this > :mutz nutz: :D

Excellent post there sugar. :bigjoint:

Midnight Toker
15-06-07, 11:55 PM
I looked everywhere and couldn't find one, so i made this > :mutz nutz: :D

Excellent post there sugar. :bigjoint:

Nice try LK :tiphat:

Cal
16-06-07, 02:56 PM
I think edit is too buisy nowadays, but its a victim of success on that charge.
I probably dont get to read 80% of the stuff on there due to the time it would take.
I dont think the forums will change much due to the edit takeover *famous last words*.. but the forums change constantly as new members flood in and others dribble away.....

Anyway im going to have two places to chat now, im sure this site is a place i will enjoy.

blue widow
17-06-07, 02:57 PM
not been a member of edit that long guys but i have to say its a great site and have made some cool friends from there, but as has been said, its a victim of its own success, far to busy these days and as someone else has said allready, i just sit back and read nowadays on there which diminishes my input somewhat, but this is spot on if we keep it tight, still go on edit now n again but this is the forum of the moment, welldone LK and RAGAMAN, nice work lads, its all appreciated!!

Ragman
17-06-07, 11:03 PM
not been a member of edit that long guys but i have to say its a great site and have made some cool friends from there, but as has been said, its a victim of its own success, far to busy these days and as someone else has said allready, i just sit back and read nowadays on there which diminishes my input somewhat, but this is spot on if we keep it tight, still go on edit now n again but this is the forum of the moment, welldone LK and RAGAMAN, nice work lads, its all appreciated!!

Thank you for you kind words blue widow and this was the reason we set up THC, we all love EDIT but now adays it is just to busy so we are hoping to keep THC a close community where we can help growers but still have a laugh as well.

Ragman
17-06-07, 11:05 PM
well people it's up to us to make it the mutts nutzz :bigjoint:

that would make a wicked pic at the top of the page with "THCTALK.com, simply the mutz nutz"

how'z that for a slogan ??

He he he, great post midnight toker, I will give it some thought:bigjoint:

asci
19-06-07, 04:18 PM
Bit late to this thread. Gotta agree, edit has seen a big increase in numbers and to be honest, there seems to be more arguing and slating than anything else (some of you may have read the crap I've gotten of late).

But I have a new home now. :D safe in the knowledge we're all here for the same reason.

WingonaPrayer
20-06-07, 08:38 AM
Yeah I agree with Asci, it seems that Edit has gotten too big for it's shoes, and instead of it being about like minded people it has become about who can out do the next person in verbal slayings. With new people gaining incredibly high post counts in a short space of time, and then looking down their nose at those with considerably less post counts, as though what they have to say means shit.

The reality is, those with lower post counts usually have something interesting to say, rather than just posting for the sake of it to make themselves look important.

Question: :harvest: I thought Santa was red??? or am I just not seeing this properly lol

Blow
20-06-07, 09:14 AM
Yeah I agree with Asci, it seems that Edit has gotten too big for it's shoes, and instead of it being about like minded people it has become about who can out do the next person in verbal slayings. With new people gaining incredibly high post counts in a short space of time, and then looking down their nose at those with considerably less post counts, as though what they have to say means shit.

The reality is, those with lower post counts usually have something interesting to say, rather than just posting for the sake of it to make themselves look important.

Agree with you all the way.

I guess EDIT wanted alot of users and they have them, it doesnt distract the business in anyway and if it did, it would be for the good (more customers).

Now as many have been there for years, naturally their post counts are quite high.

I like this place, its a relaxed atmosphere.

sweetsinner
20-06-07, 10:11 AM
This forum kind of reminds me of an old forum I used to moderate (weedcity *spits at mentioning the name*) and I loved it for about 4 years, it only had about 30 or 40 regular posters but it was a very chilled and relaxed forum, all there for the same reason and on the same wave length, it was like grabbing your favorite pillow and a cup of galaxy hot chocolate..

As it went bottoms up as I fell out with the owner of the shop way before him and his wife had the little barney and one weedcity became two..That put me off forums but somehow stumbled on EDIT a few months ago so I only know it as it is now..

It has its good points, but also its bad (all mentioned in your above posts) and as a newbie I found it quite intimidating in a way as I'm used to "old school smoker forums" and although you get cliques everywhere some are not as overwhelming...

Anyway enough of this random green bubble waffle, I'm still red eyed from the joint at 4am in the morning, the point of this post was to congratulate you on a fantastic forum and member base which is ever expanding with fabulousy members.. I felt instantly welcome and you all seem such a great set of people!..

No dont worry I'll refrain from the group hug ;)

WingonaPrayer
20-06-07, 11:27 AM
No dont worry I'll refrain from the group hug ;)

You might but I wont LOL

Awwwww group hugs http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o289/webspinur/grouphugs.gif