PDA

View Full Version : Electric bud trimmers

rustic
17-11-11, 05:54 AM
Morning All.

I am curious to found out the general view on bud trimmers. I appreciate that a fair few people might enjoy the "relaxing" time when all their hard work has come to fruition and start manicuring their lovely buds, but having helped a friend twice now for 10 hours plus each time and my own needing doing very soon, I am really starting to dread it!

Apart from the monotonous nature of it, I didn't like being tucked away for that length of time in less than comfortable conditions, whilst keeping one ear and eye on the comings and goings in the street. A very uncomfortable situation.

I read people think it damages buds etc but I could live with a few less trichs if I avoided the clandestine nature of trimming for so long every three months.

Time is a big factor for me, I really don't have a day to spare nowadays, a little girl and another on the way, working 60 hours a week and a house to finish doing up, leaves me with not a lot spare.

The downside to a trimmer is obviously cost but I could live with that for not getting that feeling of dread.

What are others views on them?. I am aware that the cost has probably meant that getting a real view of them is unlikely but in theory, how would others rate them?

Cheers Rustic

Markdeter
17-11-11, 06:25 AM
Hi. I use a bonsai hero. It basically works like giving ur girls a haircut. A little tricky to use at first. But once u've got the hang of it can shave a good few hrs of a harvest. But honestly. I can probably do it in the same time with a pair of spring loaded scissors. And yes harvesting is a pain in the arse.

Murdock
17-11-11, 06:53 AM
if your working flat out and are short of time then just chop 1 plant at a time whilst there on a flush

B.A.BARACUS
17-11-11, 07:55 AM
At around 300 quid a pop it's a no no for me, you've already waited all them weeks for the plants to mature, a few extra hrs with scissors won't matter.. Bt if u got the dollar why not!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkey
17-11-11, 06:47 PM
used to have a kermit worked really well but did kinda kill the henry i had it hooked up to lol

still they are not cheap and my old one i believe is in an evidence locker some where after i sold it, does save alot of time tho. But for percy amounts stick with the spring loaded trimmers, if you can find them try the ones with replaceable blades they are reallllly handy or if your good with a blade use a cut throat razor with a stack of new blades can trim in seconds with that puppy!

rustic
18-11-11, 06:35 AM
Cheers all. Going to see if Santa can afford one. 800 notes isn't cheap but i'll go halves with a mate. Saves my anxiety and time, so will be worth it...I hope!

rasganji
18-11-11, 06:56 AM
good luck! happy christmas

VMAX
18-11-11, 06:57 AM
pretty sure you can get hand spun ones much cheaper.

rustic
18-11-11, 07:05 AM
VMAX. Yes I know, but something in me just thinks a Trimpro will be better and quicker.

I fully appreciate that everything to do with weed is hugely inflated when it comes to selling something, so in a normal world and for normal use, the same product would be a third of the price.

Well if it doesn't work, I can always turn it upside down and do the edges of the lawn with it!:)

Yokomoto
21-06-12, 08:25 PM
Been using the new thundervak version 2 works great for me the only machine i ever used the could take the fan leaves. The optional speed settings are important also because to high of a speed on the unit will result in bruising. Not a cheap machine but works better than any other i've seen so far!

the_grey_area
21-06-12, 08:41 PM
that thundervak sucks balls

Icon
21-06-12, 09:17 PM
You can use an extractor fan and a wire grill from a fridge or wine cooler
This is quite noisy but it trims buds so quickly its amazing
Cost about 200 but you can trim about 40 oz in an hour
or two
You need to have good solid colas because it drags any shit away
But after trimming for years I would never go back.
There's a vid on you tube if you search

ATB
Icon

Yokomoto
21-06-12, 09:20 PM
that thundervak sucks balls

Bet you've never even tried it the new version came to market 2 weeks ago! Thanks for the immature comment though!