PDA

View Full Version : Ode to Royal Mail

Tabbatha
14-12-11, 04:49 PM
Oh Royal Mail.. how I hate you.

There was once a saying that went "right as the mail". Do you remember that hail? There was a time when you were actually SO reliable that people could believe that your services were viable.

Now, here we are, in the modern era, and you can't even get your fucking act together to give a one hour time slot for large items, but in this day and age there's nothing queerer.

Nor, apparently, do your post workers understand what a fucking door bell is. What's the crack with that it's not a Krypton Factor quiz.

I have nothing better to do with my life than walking down to the sorting office, why, Royal Mail, can't you take your heads out of your orrifice.

Oh, Royal Mail. How, with you in mind, do I despise without compromise.

Doesn't it ever occur to you to get better staff because your current strategy is a fucking laugh.

No less than 4 of your staff have visited my home today. 4. How much do you think that's cost you? Does the word "inefficiency" mean anything to you in any way.

Oh, Royal Mail. I shall buy for you a king-sized bin with which to throw your future in.

And this, my ode to you, is to spell it out that I am, without doubt, saying FUCK YOU!!

:)

Mr Pothead
14-12-11, 04:53 PM
Luckily I live neat enough next to my sorting office, but my postman is a good lad so I can't complain....much

Lovely poetry tabba, poet will be jealous he never thought of this 1

Winstun
14-12-11, 05:12 PM
Nice one Tabba LOL ;)

Hope you feel better after that rant :D

Royal Mail really "Gindz your Gearz" dont they mate . . . i know that feeling all too well ;)

Talpa
14-12-11, 05:41 PM
Love it. But so true. Thats why they call it snail mail now.

illearth67
14-12-11, 05:45 PM
It's worth paying the extra to get items you've ordered online delivered by recorded delivery. I never have any trouble and it comes earlier than normal mail l've had stuff delivered as early as 6.30 am before but that suits me anyway as I'm up for work.

MR Grumpy
14-12-11, 06:09 PM
Try fucking being in when we knock!!! many doorbells don't even work, I hammer loudly and wait and wait and wait, there are little packets the postman takes he cannot fit the large parcles in his bag, so you get a driver come to your house, then there is parcelforce different company who bring even bigger packets, we the staff who are battered daily and get this kind of crap from the general public, have to take the same packets to the same houses of the same people who are never fucking in, only to bring them all back again, where do the packets go they stay in your bag to go onto the next bag full of fucking packets.

Be in or answer your fucking door, or go to the fucking sorting office and pick them up, and whilst you are there have a word with some of the staff that are so shit and tell them how rap they are, and maybe give the job a go yourself, the turnover is massive as many who arrive same as the numpties who think they know what it is all about, we don't wander about with half a bag all day trying not to deliver packets, I deliver 12 bags of mail per day averaging 130kg, today I had over 300 packets to get through started at 5am finished at 3.30pm what a lazy twat I am.

Great ode BTW :(

WUFU
14-12-11, 06:13 PM
i hate the way they just expect you to wait in anticipation all f ing day for your package and don't even give you a 1 or 2 hour slot, but still, if you don't like the service, go get the stuff yourself.

illearth67
14-12-11, 06:15 PM
Try fucking being in when we knock!!! many doorbells don't even work, I hammer loudly and wait and wait and wait, there are little packets the postman takes he cannot fit the large parcles in his bag, so you get a driver come to your house, then there is parcelforce different company who bring even bigger packets, we the staff who are battered daily and get this kind of crap from the general public, have to take the same packets to the same houses of the same people who are never fucking in, only to bring them all back again, where do the packets go they stay in your bag to go onto the next bag full of fucking packets.

Be in or answer your fucking door, or go to the fucking sorting office and pick them up, and whilst you are there have a word with some of the staff that are so shit and tell them how rap they are, and maybe give the job a go yourself, the turnover is massive as many who arrive same as the numpties who think they know what it is all about, we don't wander about with half a bag all day trying not to deliver packets, I deliver 12 bags of mail per day averaging 130kg, today I had over 300 packets to get through started at 5am finished at 3.30pm what a lazy twat I am.

Great ode BTW :(

Lol sounds like some one is suffering from "the pressure" I know what it's like m8 I have worked for RM long ago...enough said.:(

MR Grumpy
14-12-11, 06:33 PM
i hate the way they just expect you to wait in anticipation all f ing day for your package and don't even give you a 1 or 2 hour slot, but still, if you don't like the service, go get the stuff yourself.

Off the top of my head can't think of any delivery service that will give you a specific time or even a slot, aside supermarkets, best you'll get is am or pm, what I mean is if you order stuff you know it is coming so can either be in, or make some arrangement for it to be left, or expect to have to pick it up,

RM is a shite company to work for, you are treated badly by them and the public in the main, the service has been shagged good and proper by letting every tom dick and harry use us to deliver their crap, for next to nothing whilst RM have a service agreement and deliver many items at a loss, they do this whilst trying to run it like a profit making bottom line only business, the shortfall has been tken up by the staff who have had masses added to their workload as they lay more and more people off,all this whilst the internet shopping explosion continues seemingly unnoticed by RM that we are having to take all this, it isn't about delivering letters anymore it is about struggling with packets, often the same people everyday.

Pressure what pressure!!!! was never a fan of Xmas really since doing this job I fucking hate it.

Tabbatha
14-12-11, 06:36 PM
I know I know... I shouldn't expect a company to actually do what it's in the business of doing, and then on top of that pressure I put on it, to actually expect it to do what it's charging me for. It's like expecting a chef to make my dinner or a bus driver to actually drive the bus.

Silly me :D

Tabbatha
14-12-11, 06:37 PM
Off the top of my head can't think of any delivery service that will give you a specific time or even a slot, Virtually all of the couriers do it now, with emails and text messages, too. :)

To my knowledge Parcel force are the only ones who don't.

joey
14-12-11, 06:41 PM
see you need to order from greens matey, as you get an email telling you with in what hour its going to be deliverd , city link think it is , never had 1 single problem yet ,

Anthrax
14-12-11, 06:43 PM
Sent my daughter a birthday card with 2 x 50 quid notes in by registered post, she was at work and never recieved the money, the postman who delevered the letter decided to sign for her name themselves and steal the money.

She had a look at the signature, wasnt even hers, and were still waiting for the money, fukin hate royal mail..

Anonymiss
14-12-11, 06:44 PM
The Royal Mail is brilliant. (The Post Office too.)

Sure, they can be annoying at times. But who else will hand-deliver a letter to pretty much anywhere in the UK, next day, in any weather, for 46p?

Hats off of all the posties.

Anthrax
14-12-11, 06:55 PM
and I'll tell you is worse than royal mail, "business post", went to their premisses to pick up two 24 port gigabyte managed network switches which are very expensive, anyhow while waiting in a sort of cage to protect us from them lol, I could see them throwing boxes marked fragile onto the belt.

And when I got my 2 boxes and drove to the callcentre, opened them up and both were damaged, metal work all bent to fuck, bunch of tossers :)

honest john
14-12-11, 07:35 PM
i use them daily (i buy/sell alot !! of music via the net) and in all the years of buying/collecting/selling cd's/vinyl i have only ever had 1 cd not turn up and zero breakages sent or delivered, im a fan of them for delivering my items safely for a fair price...

MR Grumpy
14-12-11, 07:41 PM
As stated Tabba Royal Mail and Parcelforce are totally different companies, even when given the information ignorance is still bliss.!

Tabbatha
14-12-11, 07:42 PM
see you need to order from greens matey, as you get an email telling you with in what hour its going to be deliverd , city link think it is , never had 1 single problem yet ,
Oh I do. GHL even said that they'd only send my parcels via interlink because I can't wait around all day for Parcelforce to turn up.

It's easy to use gps to calculate arrival times.

Those couriers are actually customer-focused. :)

Tabbatha
14-12-11, 07:45 PM
As stated Tabba Royal Mail and Parcelforce are totally different companies, even when given the information ignorance is still bliss.!

Yeah I knew beforehand that they're different companies. Cheers.

But this thread isn't about Parcelforce, it's about Royal Mail, so why is that relevant?

Tabbatha
14-12-11, 07:49 PM
and I'll tell you is worse than royal mail, "business post", went to their premisses to pick up two 24 port gigabyte managed network switches which are very expensive, anyhow while waiting in a sort of cage to protect us from them lol, I could see them throwing boxes marked fragile onto the belt.

And when I got my 2 boxes and drove to the callcentre, opened them up and both were damaged, metal work all bent to fuck, bunch of tossers :) They're all the same I bet. That's probably why it takes me 2 days to get through all the bubble wrap and cling film on my packages.

Wanna hear something ironic? I ordered some cardboard boxes online and when they were delivered.. they were delivered in a bigger cardboard box that was encased in yet another cardboard box. Do you know how many boxes I ordered? 2. So it took 2 bigger boxes to pack my 2 smaller boxes ha ha ;)

MR Grumpy
14-12-11, 07:55 PM
Yeah I knew beforehand that they're different companies. Cheers.

But this thread isn't about Parcelforce, it's about Royal Mail, so why is that relevant?

I'd give you the answer but I suspect there would be no-one in to receive it !!!! :)

honest john
14-12-11, 07:57 PM
I'd give you the answer but I suspect there would be no-one in to receive it !!!! :)

haha i like your style :)

SmobyToker#1
14-12-11, 07:57 PM
i also buy/sell vinyl records and have for about 20 yrs used RM mostly and only had 1 breakage 5 yrs back - DJ Force + Evolution* – Poltergeist / Perfect Dreams
Label:Kniteforce Records – KF16
Format:Vinyl, 10", Limited Edition, 45 RPM

lost 20 quid there, gutted but only the once so cant moan i guess! sorry to here other ppl having troubles.

honest john
14-12-11, 08:09 PM
i also buy/sell vinyl records and have for about 20 yrs used RM mostly and only had 1 breakage 5 yrs back - DJ Force + Evolution* – Poltergeist / Perfect Dreams
Label:Kniteforce Records – KF16
Format:Vinyl, 10", Limited Edition, 45 RPM

lost 20 quid there, gutted but only the once so cant moan i guess! sorry to here other ppl having troubles.

did you get a refund off royal mail for that ?? also was it the clear vinyl ?? just interested :) as its a class oldskool vinyl :)

Tabbatha
14-12-11, 08:09 PM
I'd give you the answer but I suspect there would be no-one in to receive it !!!! :) I'm always in on delivery day. Fire away. :)

Anonymiss
19-12-11, 02:36 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/f1a4r8.jpg