PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about..

D
15-07-07, 11:38 AM
WARNING: DO NOT READ THIS WHEN STONED.

Yesterday a few friends of mine were talking about life, I prefer to listen than talk, but when they stopped talking and tried to think of something else to say, I came out with this:

"What if we're just a dream? Seriously, think about this; Dreams feel like they last forever, I've had a dream for 10 minutes that involved 3 weeks worth of imaginative life, so why can't they last for a lifetime?
When we die, or even just before, we have 10 minutes of uncontrolled brain activity just before the vital organs shut down, so in that 10 minutes, we could "dream" we're living another life, so why can't we be dreaming another life right now? Our brain could reconfigure EVERYTHING, such as pain, to merely be a figment of reality, or even being stoned.
Think of it this way, you've just been hit by a car, but really you're living another life and you're called [Your_Name].
It's possible, fucking hell, anythings possible with the power of imagination."

:omg:

The Snow Queen
15-07-07, 11:58 AM
WARNING: DO NOT READ THIS WHEN STONED.

Yesterday a few friends of mine were talking about life, I prefer to listen than talk, but when they stopped talking and tried to think of something else to say, I came out with this:

"What if we're just a dream? Seriously, think about this; Dreams feel like they last forever, I've had a dream for 10 minutes that involved 3 weeks worth of imaginative life, so why can't they last for a lifetime?
When we die, or even just before, we have 10 minutes of uncontrolled brain activity just before the vital organs shut down, so in that 10 minutes, we could "dream" we're living another life, so why can't we be dreaming another life right now? Our brain could reconfigure EVERYTHING, such as pain, to merely be a figment of reality, or even being stoned.
Think of it this way, you've just been hit by a car, but really you're living another life and you're called [Your_Name].
It's possible, fucking hell, anythings possible with the power of imagination."
:omg:

:) Hey Dru :)

We are no more just a dream than we are but brains in jars......

it's Sunday morning ffs lol.......

xxx

Mum
15-07-07, 12:14 PM
Even if we were would it affect your day to day life in any way, shape or form? :oldman:

asci
15-07-07, 12:20 PM
next thing we know you'll want a name change to neo

'I know kung fu'

'show me'

Mum
15-07-07, 12:22 PM
See with regards to the matrix, I'd rather live the lie and stay in the matrix rather than that crappy existance they get in the 'real world'.

D
15-07-07, 12:26 PM
See with regards to the matrix, I'd rather live the lie and stay in the matrix rather than that crappy existance they get in the 'real world'.

Indeed.

And to you're previous post, I would be trying to conjure myself a warehouse full of top notch Bud if we was in a dream. :p

asci
15-07-07, 12:28 PM
I'd want the real world anytime. Just think, you could learn EVERYTHING about growing by simply 'uploading' it. :D

You could then have a grow space the size of Zion!

Mum
15-07-07, 12:40 PM
I wonder what virtual bud tastes like... :p

lkdj2003
15-07-07, 12:45 PM

Im sure she can tell you >

http://www.southwestern.cc.il.us/redbud/images/biology.jpg

Hehehe, skunkkkkkkkk :stoned-smilie:

evo
15-07-07, 12:57 PM

Well, you already know if we are living the lie :smokie:

Uploading information to the brain is something I would love the posses.

asci
15-07-07, 01:24 PM
Well, you already know if we are living the lie :smokie:

Uploading information to the brain is something I would love the posses.

hehe, can you imagine a USB port just behind the right ear.. :smokie:

Sappo
15-07-07, 03:20 PM
You need to see a doctor man. lol J/K

Jameo
15-07-07, 06:30 PM
OMG, it the Matrix isn't it. I knew that shit was for real!!! :(

octo
15-07-07, 07:57 PM
how were you aware that you were spanning a three week time frame in a dream tho? and wouldnt that place us in a basis of never accomplishing a single thing in life and and only really being conscious for a few hours a night? i think you would die reasonably sooner than the average person if that were the case.

lala124
15-07-07, 08:51 PM
[B]"When we die, or even just before, we have 10 minutes of uncontrolled brain activity just before the vital organs shut down, so in that 10 minutes, we could "dream" we're living another life, so why can't we be dreaming another life right now?

Thats basically what a coma is.

sweetsinner
15-07-07, 09:22 PM
This reminds me of that TV Series.. life on mars (http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ianwylie/2007/04/life_on_mars_the_final_word.html)..

Kamikazai
17-07-07, 04:00 AM
Hmm reminds me of that movie I used to watch all the time when I was younger...

EDIT: hmmm... can't remember the name of it right now. /cry

It was a cartoon film about a little civilization that realized they were only a dream so they went out into the real world to stop the alarm clock from ever going off so that they would not die and at the end the dream changes and they all become pink flamingos. awesome movie. anyone remember/know the title? it was a short name and I think it started with a B or a Q. Birqks? or something along those lines? heh