PDA

View Full Version : Boosting buds before harvest.

Guerilla
29-12-08, 04:42 PM
I have got two uk cheese plants that will be ready to harvest next monday, I wanted to see if there was anything I could do over the next week to boost the size of the buds, at the moment I am looking at half oz per plant but would like more.

Today I have manicured both plants to get more light to the smaller bud areas but want to know if there is anymore that I can do to help my girls.

Any help would be appreciated

cocohead
29-12-08, 07:53 PM
well at this point your yield is set. more veg time or more light are the two easiest ways of increasing yield. cheese is best flowered for 9 weeks and with a good cure will be some of the best bud you ever smoke.

meddy
29-12-08, 08:01 PM
Don't go buying any bud boosting chems mate...I don't think there's much you can do like cocohead said. A half off each isn't great but enjoy the smoke ya lucky bastard! :)

Guerilla
02-01-09, 07:55 PM
Does any one know or have any ideas how to really eek every last bit out the plant, I have read different opinions about different harvesting methods, some say at the start of the day before the lights come on, some say 24 hours in the dark to stress the plant and increase the number/size of crystals, also read to harvest at the end of the day to give one last day of sunlight.

:help:

If anyone can help or just direct me to a similar thread?:bigjoint:

Rizzah
02-01-09, 08:16 PM
I think that was just answered?

Guerilla
02-01-09, 09:17 PM
what about the things that i said had already been suggested to me by other people? im not interested in buying boosting chems and things like that, i know it will be a waste at this late stage, im talking about tips in the last few days.

crazyfool*
02-01-09, 10:11 PM
well to enhence the taste of the plant you can let it dry in soil, stop giving it whater, and scrape the bark off the bottom of the main stalk of the plants....ancient tribal method ...except goats would chew the bottom part instead of humans scraping...this was used to make the golden, yellowish collors of colombian sativa to show off , butt taste and smell are also affected by this, and after a good curing period it becomes a true delicatessen =P

Hashassin
02-01-09, 11:41 PM
Nothing's going to increase bud size that close to harvest.. some say 48 hours of darkness before chopping makes more resin but can't say I've ever noticed that it does anything.

Tay
03-01-09, 03:09 AM
cool bit of info crazyfool :)

geurilla: i'd go with chop in the morning... keep pumping that DnB too, worked for me ;)

baza
04-01-09, 06:01 PM
why not just flower them for a bit longer?
You shouldnt be chopping according to the packet you should be chopping when the plant is ready.

bergkamp
04-01-09, 06:30 PM
You shouldnt be chopping according to the packet you should be chopping when the plant is ready.

best bit of advice you will receive

Bezzer1988
04-01-09, 10:27 PM
hey sorry to say but he's right
best bit of advice you will receive

Guerilla
05-01-09, 07:08 PM

Im not doing it by the packet, they are clones that were given to me and I have no idea how long they should take, I just go by what the plant looks like under microscope. As a rule of thumb if I think the plant is ready I always wait a week until I chop it.

stretch420!!
08-01-09, 02:17 AM
I harvest my plants likes this!! If they have an under canope then harvest the plant in stages!! Like take the top buds first the ones in the light !! Then wait a week or longer for the under canope to mature!! This normally gives me more weight!! Over all and helps to get the max out of every bud the plant puts out as I can put the lights closer to the under canope they fatten up nicely!! Definetly helps with my yield and why not if there is no more plant to go straight in their places!!?? Hope this helps mate ??

Stretch420!!OUT!!

spengle
24-04-09, 05:08 PM
i think thats quite a good method you got stretch... might give that a shot myself

wozy
24-04-09, 11:52 PM
so nine weeks for cheese? im at five weeks at the mo, will they bulk up a lot more(looking fat now)

junglist
04-05-09, 08:05 AM
keep pumping that DnB too, worked for me ;)[/QUOTE]

i second that :bigjoint:

Br4d
04-05-09, 12:45 PM
why not let the plants go a week longer and add a booster for yield , IE topmax , green sensations ? peace good luck

wenslydale
18-05-09, 04:03 PM
bottle of gas or co2 cant remember wot it was my friend used it on his northen lights 2 weeks before the chop, and boy did the buds increase in size it was amazing look it up there should be summink bout it

wenslydale
18-05-09, 04:03 PM
he sprayed it in his growbox twice a day

nw-uk flana
25-05-09, 05:30 PM
ive heard of that method too im on day 1 of bloom now might give it a try myself.im now using soil boost gonna move on to boost in like 3-4 weeks