PDA

View Full Version : Bong recommendations

Grape101
26-07-07, 10:51 PM
I am going to buy a new bong soon but have to admit I don't know much about them. I have a shisha from india at the moment which is plain and easy to use lol but I want a proper bong.

I don't want to spend alot of money and am looking at something from the bushmaster range. I have a few questions though. What are good features of a bong and how do they affect the smoke. Does shape and size etc make a difference?

Also, I want a glass bong.

blurry-vision
26-07-07, 11:04 PM
I am going to buy a new bong soon but have to admit I don't know much about them. I have a shisha from india at the moment which is plain and easy to use lol but I want a proper bong.

I don't want to spend alot of money and am looking at something from the bushmaster range. I have a few questions though. What are good features of a bong and how do they affect the smoke. Does shape and size etc make a difference?

Also, I want a glass bong.

I'm the man for Bongs..:bong: Yeah basically the bushmaster bongs are excellent value also the Weedstar ones are good value with 4mm glass as oppose to the bushmasters which are 3mm glass, obviously this means the thicker the glass less chance of breakage so yeah glass thickness is a indicator of quality the thicker the better, another thing is to get a glass gauze so it really is glass on glass the hit from glass on glass is defo better than acrylic or ceramic so glass all the way, you should also go for ice notches to get a really cool smoke.
You might want to add an ashcatcher check out the Weedstar range they do matching ashcatchers thus meaning the smoke goes through two chambers of water further filtering the smoke and providing a smoother hit, hope this helps Grape mate...:greet:

Grape101
26-07-07, 11:19 PM
Cheers dude. A few more questions tho.

What are ice notches? Also, what is tar filtration and what are diffusers?
Thanks for the help.

EDIT: It also confuses me why you can buy so many different parts to a bong. You can almost custom build them.

lkdj2003
26-07-07, 11:34 PM
The ice notches are to keep ice above the water line so the smoke can travel up through the ice which in turn cools the smoke. Filtration and diffusers are just like extra tubes/parts you can add to filter the smoke that you finally smoke. I bought a glass roor filter to go in the bowl because the metal screens tend to burn through after a while. With the glass one you just take it out and wash it and it's ready to go again.

The bushmasters are very good bongs, i love mine. :bong:

This site is very good (http://www.lcashop.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=62&strPageHistory=cat)

blurry-vision
26-07-07, 11:45 PM
^^ Took the words outa my mouth lk...:stoned-smilie:

lala124
27-07-07, 12:24 AM
Get it with a carbon filter and a diffuser. The carbon filter will make it much less maintainance in terms of cleaning and it filters it a bunch. A diffuser is a much. Soooooo much smoother. That and ice notches. A ashcatcher is good, but not needed as much as the above. Get the ashcatcher when you have a bit more money to spend on it. Diffusers ftw.

HighLife
15-11-07, 08:47 PM
buy a HiGuy bong good quality and smooth