PDA

View Full Version : Revegging

big syko 75
23-01-09, 11:48 AM
hi guys i wonder if anyone ever tried revegging a plant once its flowered,i tried this 3 weeks ago when i chopped down my red diesel i noticed new growth at the base of the main stem so i flushed the pot and put back on 20/4 and three weeks later i have new growth,i'm planning on vegging a few more weeks to let it get bigger before i put back on 12 hour but what i wanna know is how long can you reveg one plant for?:toke:

black.lung
23-01-09, 12:16 PM
ive only done it once and the leaves grew in single fingers afterwards plus loads of tiny little branches at the end of each branch

Jimboo
23-01-09, 12:17 PM
Hi mate ive done this for the first time recently with a Top44 and its growing like crazy after 5 weeks. I think you can it revegging as long as you want Thats what those people who keep mums are doing isnt it?.One thing i did do was trim about 25% of the roots + add new compost.

pollenmanandy
23-01-09, 12:18 PM
as long as u give it light

pollenmanandy
23-01-09, 12:22 PM
:party:i would not trim off ur roots, it would be like takin ur leg off up 2 ur knee ! lol , use cannazyme gets rid ov old roots

Jimboo
23-01-09, 12:38 PM
Hi Pollenmanandy saw a thread on another site said trim so being a novice i trimed.Then plants very healthy.Ive taken a couple of clones but am going to let the plant go back to flower eventualy .Can you tell me why more people dont do this ..i mean 2 crops of 1 plant is the yield or potency lower.Sorry to ask such a newbie question but it would clear things up for me ..tia

pollenmanandy
23-01-09, 12:49 PM
if u keep turnin it bk 2 veg u will lose the strength ! using clones wiv a really strong mother will work better for u ! hope helps :harvest:

big syko 75
23-01-09, 01:02 PM
so would i be better taking off these 4 healthy cuttings and cloning them rather than letting the plant reveg as i don't wanna lose potency.

pollenmanandy
23-01-09, 01:25 PM
u lose it through a few turn bks , taking clones would be better . how u clone urs ?

THOMAS CHONG
23-01-09, 01:29 PM
if u keep turnin it bk 2 veg u will lose the strength ! using clones wiv a really strong mother will work better for u ! hope helps :harvest:

i disagree i have a w/w re-veg and a clone from the same plant both in flower and imo the re-veg pisses all over her siblings, ime going to get a better yeild this time round and seems to have a lot more trichs this time round, check my diary (test grow purple satin & white lights)
cheers TOMBONG

pollenmanandy
23-01-09, 01:32 PM
if u keep turning it bk u WILL lose potencey. its ok but like anything will wear out eventually !

THOMAS CHONG
23-01-09, 01:35 PM
not imo m8 ive seen some good re-vegs on this forum and trust me she wont lose any of her potantcie AT ALL just check some of monty bongs threds lol
cheers TOMBONG

baza
23-01-09, 02:25 PM
if u keep turning it bk u WILL lose potencey. its ok but like anything will wear out eventually !

I agree with TomBong, how would the plant lose potency when its more mature when flowered?
Its genetics wont change at all.

THOMAS CHONG
23-01-09, 02:28 PM
Hear, Hear That Man

mrbeats
23-01-09, 05:38 PM
So could I just put my Lowriders back on veg?
That aside I assume as you are revegging you dont pull the plant and hang it up once its flowered?
Do you just trim the flower off then change the light cycle back?

big syko 75
23-01-09, 06:29 PM
So could I just put my Lowriders back on veg?
That aside I assume as you are revegging you dont pull the plant and hang it up once its flowered?
Do you just trim the flower off then change the light cycle back?

yes mate thats exactly what i did,i cut off the main stem a few inches above the soil, i had 4 small like cuttings that had just started to grow so i put it back on 20/4 and now the new growth is doing really well.
so what do i do now then do i leave it and let it veg for a few weeks or do i take them as clones?
TOMBBONG do you have any pics of your WW in reveg i'd love to see how its going,how many times have you revegged the same plant?
anyway thanks for the advioce everyone would love to hear anymore advice on this revegging as i never done it before..::spliffter:

wert
23-01-09, 06:45 PM
can you reveg an autoflowering strain??

baza
23-01-09, 07:21 PM
can you reveg an autoflowering strain??

no you cant reveg or clone an autoflowering strain

Monty Bong
23-01-09, 07:24 PM
ALL just check some of monty bongs threds lol
cheers TOMBONG

Don't drag me in to it Tom. :D

My thoughts are if you were to constantly re-veg the same plant time after time, eventualy the potency of the plant would slowly deminish. If on the other hand you was to grow out a plant that performed really well, then re-veged it, kept it as a mother and took cuttings, as long as the mother plant was kept in veg, the cuttings taken from her will always produce bud as strong as the original harvest.

But it's not as if i'm a biologist or anything, just my opinion.

MB

big syko 75
23-01-09, 07:40 PM
yeah i agree with you monty am gonna let it veg and use her as a mother plant n take clones from her,she did really well on the first grow too so i know the cklones i take from her will do equally well if not better.cheers.:spliffter: