PDA

View Full Version : ready for the chop! oil run.

VMAX
27-09-12, 09:55 AM
ok, so this girly is getting the chop monday, id like to leave it another week but im away.work again...
Shes a hash passion x love train that has been growing since april. Not really had any issues or spider mite for the first time ever.
Cant believe my luck that i planted a high thc strain before i found out about my mums cancer, guess the hash god was looking over me that day,lol.

Some back ground.

My mum was diagnosed with stage 3 stomach cancer a few months ago, the more they looked the more they found so me being me got OCD about it and hit the net.

I done an RSO oil run with the 7oz i had and sent it over to her. My mum started chemo the same time as the oil but she didnt keep to the 1g a day after getting a bit wankered on it,lol.

She was set for 3 chemos then a scan and check up, they said if the 3 didnt do anything they will be removing some of the stomach and things didnt look good. The first chemo didnt knock her to much, the second alittle more and so on.

So, a couple of weeks ago she had her scan, this is the post i put up.

My mum has been on chemo, She has had 3 lots and still looking at another 3 but the hospital are amazed and have only seen this happen once before..
Its gotta be the oil, My mum is 100% certain its the oil so she is upping her dose now.
She still has some cancer in her ovary and the cancer blood count is still high but the stomach,lymph, spleen, liver and kidneys are clear, nothing to be seen on the scan.She sees the doc tomorrow but she is the talk of the hospital at the mo.

After seeing the doc she found out that the blood count had gone from 1080 to 100. When she asked the doc if it was the oil she shrugged and said "what ever you are doing, keep doing it!"

I know some would say its the chemo, but really??? I dont think so and nor do the doctors and nurses.

So, here we are, this is her next 30g of treatment.

This is a potm pic i took in july, she only got 1 vote....:wtf:

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2292.JPG

I took this pic about a month ago

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2479.JPG

Here she is today, this morning she had a soaking of just Molasses+water, 3 sleeps till chop:harvest:

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/securedownload3.jpg

shes not really a big yeilder but im hoping the quality will be there...
Also means no juicy bud shots, but when i get chopping you never know.

More pics monday:leaf:

cheers

Mr-Lover
27-09-12, 09:57 AM
Real Nice Vmax She Sure has Come To Life! ;)
Looking Real Good Man
Neat Job Goodluck ML :bigjoint:

TIKTOK
27-09-12, 10:52 AM
Good luck with the chop m8:) I'll look out for the pics

Master Poet
27-09-12, 10:59 AM
Nice one mate, Im sure she'll do well on the oil front, hope your mum is still doing ok with the last lot.

VMAX
27-09-12, 11:31 AM
Real Nice Vmax She Sure has Come To Life! ;)
Looking Real Good Man
Neat Job Goodluck ML :bigjoint:
Cheers man, its great to being able to see it grow in 3 pic eh...

Good luck with the chop m8:) I'll look out for the pics
cheers,I will get a pic of the oil pile and then my meager wages,lol.

Nice one mate, Im sure she'll do well on the oil front, hope your mum is still doing ok with the last lot.

hey poet, she is quite frosty but the buds arnt huge, I knew she wouldnt yeild much so i topped her abou 50 times to get more heads. guess if i hadnt they may of been fatter.
After her last hospital check up me mums going at it like a demon, think ive made a pot junky outta me mum,lmao..

found a pic i really like of her so thought id share it, how many heads?????lol

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP24801.JPG

thanks for looking in..

silentj
27-09-12, 11:37 AM
Nice plant man! Hope the moms ok, wish her well

urban grower
27-09-12, 12:16 PM
they looking sweet vmax
keep up the good work trooper
awe the best

420Boss
27-09-12, 12:35 PM
I have a HPxLT in flower also shes got about 6 weeks to go ,yours looks real nice ,good job.I wish your mum they very best

Notorious WD
27-09-12, 12:55 PM
Disgraceful to get only one vote. So any good growers on here now to be fair.

Stunning plant. Good luck with the oil run, still something I'm yet to try.

jimmi420
27-09-12, 12:59 PM

Ill second that.

babybud3232
27-09-12, 04:44 PM
she is a real beauty vmax:):)

dank
27-09-12, 09:15 PM
Quality plant mate ;)

Tell ur mom i wish her well.... I didnt know until now, hows the oil treating her is it working?

Herbal remedies ill misuse.....

WanderinBloke
27-09-12, 09:49 PM
Great looking plant man, it'll be good to see how much oil you get from her.

You planning on iso or...?

Wishing your mum well bud. Haway the oil!

VMAX
28-09-12, 12:35 PM
Nice plant man! Hope the moms ok, wish her well

Will do man, Ill pass on all your good wishes guys, cheers.

Quality plant mate ;)

Tell ur mom i wish her well.... I didnt know until now, hows the oil treating her is it working?

yeah, sorry. I should of put up some back ground.
Ill get something together and ask if a mod will put it in the first post, cheers.

Great looking plant man, it'll be good to see how much oil you get from her.

You planning on iso or...?

I used acetone the last run as its all i can get local mate. 5 a L aint a bad price.

The plants in the shed today, go figer, it pissing down here and will be till sunday! thinking of sticking the 600 in there just to top her up.
cheers

Mindless
28-09-12, 12:44 PM
As above VMAX, Plant looks mighty fine, respect for proving your mum with some real medicine, if only the fcukin gov would see the light eh, we can all but hope =]

Hillbilly
28-09-12, 02:56 PM
She's really looking nice,, So glad your mom is doing better and hope for 100% Cancer free soon!!

VMAX
28-09-12, 03:46 PM
Cheers Hillbilly, mindless

more info added to the first post incase anyone misses it.

Tetric
29-09-12, 09:06 AM
Good luck with making the RSO man :) Come back with results

nuube
29-09-12, 09:24 AM
Big thanks to VMAX for the post; I used that post from another thread to convince my mother that the oil was the way to go. The big fear was the Dr would stop the poison er, Chemo but when she seen that VMAXs' mum was getting both she changed her mind.

That plant looks tasty, hopefully the oils will do the job. Anyone making oil think of doing reki on the plants to help them? I had a notion of doing the bud then the oil with reki in case some of the energies stuck with it if you dig what I am saying.

katy
29-09-12, 09:31 AM
I hope your mum gets clear with the oil.

My wifes mate has cancer and we would have made some oil for her, but she is stuck in this terrible dillusion that cannabis is a loser drug!.

She is end stage now, on morphine (which is not a loser drug!?)

urban grower
29-09-12, 09:42 AM
sorry to here about youre mums troubles vmax,,
am glad the oil youre making and positive vibes are helping
her out. awe the best

nuube
29-09-12, 09:49 AM

My wifes mate has cancer and we would have made some oil for her, but she is stuck in this terrible dillusion that cannabis is a loser drug!.

It's mad how people wont take a drug that has never in 5000 years killed anyone but are happy to pop pills that are killing people on a regular basis! Talk about fucked up thinking.

VMAX
01-10-12, 07:52 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Chop day??? Or not. just been and checked her over I think she will do another 2 weeks, or till i get back.
she is still mostly clear with bouts of cloudy and the hairs are still bright.
In the last few days she seems to of swelled as well.

Im gonna give her a bloom feed to see her for the last 2 weeks.
In the arsenal i have bloombastic, bcuzz bloom, pk 13/14 and molasses, dont think ill go with the lot tho,lol.

heres some pics and you see she is frosting up nicely.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2542.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP25441.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP25451.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP25461.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP25471.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP25481.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2549.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2550.JPG

That made my mouth water looking thro them pics,lol.
cheers

Tetric
01-10-12, 08:28 AM
She looks lovely man :D Just wait her out a bit. My mum wants a more energetic oil next time, so Im gonna harvest mine before much amber, but i want lots of cloudy.

katy
04-10-12, 07:49 PM
Didn't I read somewhere that plants grown for oil should be as organic as poss? I only use mollasses

jimmi420
06-10-12, 11:25 AM
Tis a beauty that m8, love it man.

VMAX
06-10-12, 05:44 PM
She looks lovely man :D Just wait her out a bit. My mum wants a more energetic oil next time, so Im gonna harvest mine before much amber, but i want lots of cloudy.

sound like a plan.

Didn't I read somewhere that plants grown for oil should be as organic as poss? I only use mollasses
Ive not heard of that katy, if you see it again please post the link, thanks.

Tis a beauty that m8, love it man.

thanks jimmi, just spoke to the mrs and she is seeing amber all over, worth the wait eh. she is doing the deed as i type! she is down!!!

scottishlass29
09-10-12, 12:52 AM
just read your story about your mum hope her health is getting better thought and well wishes from me xx

Tetric
13-10-12, 11:54 AM
Unable to PM, your inbox is full :)

Talpa
17-10-12, 08:22 PM
looking good dude. Nice plant. Good growing.

VMAX
18-10-12, 10:17 AM
Well here she is boys and girls.
The mrs chopped her a few days ago and hung her complete in the shed so today ive chopped her up and got her hanging in the spare room with a fan running. There was no need to trim her(thank fuck) as its all going in when shes dry.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2550_2_.JPG

not a bad result

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2552.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2556.JPG

back in a few days with some weights, a good few oz there though,lol.

cheers, V

Master Poet
18-10-12, 10:22 AM
Looking real nice mate, hope things work out. Get that oil made!

lil rasta
18-10-12, 10:54 AM
Nice dude and handy on the no trimming, look foward to the oil

norm
18-10-12, 10:57 AM

That's sad, its the end result of years of the "leaders"lies.
Recently i found i was growing more than just weed....a black mole had taken residence on my thigh and it hurt. I made some (tried to make lol) hash just to get high but i left the material in the iso for 5 mins while being sold windows by safestyle UK's door to door lot! When i came to draining of the iso my world crumbled....SIX OZ WASTED i cried....fucking safestyle UK:banghead: anyways i carried on and to my amazement its knocked up some Rick Simpson oil:eek: my 9 year old applied a splodge on my black "age spot" and popped on a plaster. Well its 4 days and no pain. I mean NO PAIN:D I'll take off the plaster tonight and re apply my oil. Why isn't this method painted on walls or being emailed to the world? We need to scream about it.
Fingers crossed for your Mum. Good bless', jahh mend's , I'll take JAHH:thumbup:

Sent by a naked baked elf called tapatalk 2

urban grower
18-10-12, 10:58 AM
great looking buds Vmax,,
hope you get plenty of oil for youre mum,,
awe the best trooper

nuube
18-10-12, 11:07 AM
Looks like a great harvest hope the oil is good.

eyes wide shut
18-10-12, 11:18 AM
looks great! now get a move on with that oil before it dries out ;)

norm
18-10-12, 11:18 AM
It's mad how people wont take a drug that has never in 5000 years killed anyone but are happy to pop pills that are killing people on a regular basis! Talk about fucked up thinking.

Its the lie brother. If we woke up people wouldn't want to live in the shit pot society we've made. Our clever/ruthless leaders CAN'T/WON'T allow it. I often think about if we would be told when aliens are found? Will we all keep slogging after mortgage payments etc if we knew of other ways/civilisations. I'd bet we'd be the last to know. The leaders won't change, we must:D

VMAX
18-10-12, 11:48 AM
Looking real nice mate, hope things work out. Get that oil made!
As soon as its dried mate, im on it. I read something earlyer about putting it in the oven to break something down? too many big words for me and I still dont get it,lol. My last lot was dried and cured, im going to forget the curing but still want to dry it properly.

Nice dude and handy on the no trimming, look foward to the oil

Your not kidding fella, not my fave job at all.....

great looking buds Vmax,,
hope you get plenty of oil for youre mum,,

awe the best trooper
fingers crossed mate.

Looks like a great harvest hope the oil is good.

Should be tip top, they say its 24%thc, we will see if i whitey smoking it....

looks great! now get a move on with that oil before it dries out ;)
after its dried dude, I really dont want to fix whats not broke. I mean it worked last time.

Its the lie brother. If we woke up people wouldn't want to live in the shit pot society we've made. Our clever/ruthless leaders CAN'T/WON'T allow it. I often think about if we would be told when aliens are found? Will we all keep slogging after mortgage payments etc if we knew of other ways/civilisations. I'd bet we'd be the last to know. The leaders won't change, we must:D

Amen brother.

This the letter me mum got after her scan. just wish they had said no more chemo!

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/img067.jpg

I hope the next one says clear!!!! BUT, mums backed off on the oil now,:banghead:

nuube
18-10-12, 12:14 PM
Great news for you and your family, although not so good on the oil. Just keep reminding her that she is going in the right direction she hasn't got there..yet!

Good vibes to you and yours.

Master Poet
18-10-12, 12:23 PM
By rights if doing it properly Vmax it needs to be decarbonated, this involves spreading it out on a tray and placing it in an oven @ around 106c for a short time. This removes the carbon molecule from the THC allowing for better absorbtion and a cleaner oil. Thats my understanding anyway.

WanderinBloke
18-10-12, 12:36 PM
By rights if doing it properly Vmax it needs to be decarbonated, this involves spreading it out on a tray and placing it in an oven @ around 106c for a short time. This removes the carbon molecule from the THC allowing for better absorbtion and a cleaner oil. Thats my understanding anyway.

I hadnt heard of this. Decarboxylation, yes, decarbonation, no. It's not something Ive seen Simpson mention anywhere. Do you have any links for this fella?

Master Poet
18-10-12, 01:00 PM
I hadnt heard of this. Decarboxylation, yes, decarbonation, no. It's not something Ive seen Simpson mention anywhere. Do you have any links for this fella?

Thats the one :D

Just got this from another site, cant link, sorry.

Recommendations for Edible Makers Edibles can be a wonderful method for cannabis patients to ingest their medicine without the harmful side effects of smoking. However, since the material will not be heated by the patient prior to ingestion, it is important that edible makers ensure that their products have been fully decarboxylated for maximum therapeutic activity.
What is decarboxylation? In living cannabis plants, the cannabinoids are synthesized in an acidic form. This form has little effect on humans and must be heated to lose a carbon dioxide molecule to become active.
http://www.micannalytics.com/images/decarboxylation-efficiency.png
What are the optimal conditions for decarboxylation? Maximum conversion of THCA into THC has been reported to occur by heating for 15 minutes, at 300 degrees Fahrenheit, which results in a 70% conversion rate. Insufficient heating will result in the majority of the cannabinoids to remain in their acidic form, while excessive heating will result in degradation of THC to CBN or vaporization of the compounds. Cannalytics recommends heating plant material in the oven prior to mixing it with any other ingredients.
http://www.micannalytics.com/images/decarboxylation-optimal.png
Batching and Dosages In order for your test results to have maximum relevance, Cannalytics recommends that edibles be made in as large of batches as possible and that each dosage be of the same weight. This will reduce variability in the potency reported for each product allowing patients to better predict how a product will make them feel.
The preferred method for reporting the cannabinoid concentration of edibles is by total milligrams of each cannabinoid present. This is obtained by multiplying the mass of each edible by its concentration (% w/w). Patients may be surprised to see that the average cannabinoid content of edibles is between 30-90 mg, thinking that this is too little an amount to have an effect. Here's an example to demonstrate that this is an appropriate amount. Let's assume that an average joint as a mass of 1000 mg (1g) with a THC concentration of 15%, meaning there are 150 mg of THC in this joint. Now consider the fact that 70% of THC is destroyed by combustion, meaning that only 45 mg of THC would remain to reach the patient's lungs. From this example it is easy to see that edibles within the 30-90 mg range would indeed be at a therapeutic concentration.
The Advantage of HPLC Because our high-pressure liquid chromatography method does not involve heating the samples for quantification, we are uniquely positioned to distinguish between products that have been properly decarboxylated prior to analysis from those that have not. The chromatograms below are examples of edibles that we have received to date. You can see the extent of decarboxylation by comparing the relative areas of the THC and THCA peaks.
http://www.micannalytics.com/images/decarboxylation-comparison.png
References Dussy et. al. (2005). Isolation of d9-THCA-A from hemp and analytical aspects concerning the determination of d9-THC in cannabis products. Forensic Science International; 149: 3-10.

WanderinBloke
18-10-12, 01:11 PM
Thats the one :D

thank gawd for that, i thought id been missing something!

cheers man, nicely detailed info there.

VMAX
19-10-12, 06:19 AM
Thanks Poet, that spells it out much more than the one i was reading did.
I didnt do this with my last batch??
I will do this today with pics.

Donzo
19-10-12, 06:24 AM
just read the start of the thread mate, best wishes to your mum and hope she makes a full recovery mate.

VMAX
19-10-12, 07:31 AM
A little confused, in your post poet it says 300f which converts to 148.8c, all the other things ive read say 105c? any ideas mate?

WanderinBloke
19-10-12, 09:16 AM
A little confused, in your post poet it says 300f which converts to 148.8c, all the other things ive read say 105c? any ideas mate?

That's the problem with this whole process, everyone does it slightly differently. 110c for an hour right after boiling the solvent off is what Simpson recommends for decarboxylation, but Poet's linked info says differently. I read some info on another forum last night which was different again!

Take your pick my friend...

VMAX
19-10-12, 09:23 AM
hip, dip, dog shit,lol.

yeah, think ill stick too 105c for 20mins as I read this morning thc is destroyed above 140c.

cheers dude.

Tetric
19-10-12, 09:39 AM
I decarboxylate before extraction :) 110C is enough. Unsure if decarbing works when oil is extracted.. but I guess it would

WanderinBloke
19-10-12, 09:41 AM
I decarboxylate before extraction :) 110C is enough. Unsure if decarbing works when oil is extracted.. but I guess it would

It does indeed work after extraction. It hadnt even occurred to me that you could do it before extraction until last night, when I read about people decarb'ing the weed in the oven first. Just goes to show there are many ways of doing this.

VMAX
19-10-12, 10:13 AM
Done the first load, second in now.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2570.JPG

This could take a while,lol.
Really hope no one comes knocking cose the house stinks,,,lmao.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP25711.JPG

check out the funky hippo oven gloves!

VMAX
21-10-12, 09:32 AM
Today was going to be the oil day, but its pissing down here:pee: bummer.

VMAX
22-10-12, 03:18 PM
Here we are people, the sun has his hat on so its oil time!
After being at the dentist this morning having the biggest tooth ive ever seen removed from my skull, its all systems go.

The first thing to do was remove as much stem as poss, this took longer than thought it would!

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25841.JPG

Then the weigh in, Total of 13oz 24g not to bad.

Here we are ready to get mixing,lol.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2585.JPG

I do like everything ready before i start, these are just water bottles cut up as when im done these will be chucked out. A funnel would be better.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25861.JPG

Acetone was my choice, in the bucket and get mushing, stabbing and stiring. You really wanna batter the fuck out of it.
I used a raw piece of wood, must be raw!! no paint or vanish as this will be stripped by the actone.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2587.JPG

Try not to splash it up ya leg,lol.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25882.JPG

Ater a couple of mins i had a check and not ready yet.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2590.JPG

This is what i wanted to see.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2589.JPG

For the first strain through i use my 220 bubble bag.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2591.JPG

The good bit about using the bag is you squeeze the crap out of it and get loads more out.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2593.JPG

First strain done.
http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25941.JPG

Now through the coffee filters into the getto bottles.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25961.JPG

Its good to keep swilling the bucket as you get a sediment that settles in the bottom.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25981.JPG

Now the dodgy bit, boiling acetone,lol.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2599.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP26001.JPG

I dunno if this is any good but ive saved it anyway, Ill let ya know.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2602.JPG

nice clean bottles, no crap what so ever left after the coffee filtering.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP26011.JPG

As the acetone boils off you will get a tide mark round the boiler, this is your oil!

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2603.JPG

a gentle swill round and its back in the mix.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP26041.JPG

Nearly there. This took about 1 1/2 hours

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2606.JPG

Time for the 8 drops of water.
You gotta be on ya toes here, things move real quick when its near the bottom and boiling quite hard

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2607.JPG

It really was seconds before i poured whats left into the smaller pot.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2608.JPG

Now it sat on the coffee warmer getting rid of the last of the acetone

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2609.JPG

when it stops bubbling which took 11 hours last time, its good to go!! I now have RSO!!!:D

Thanks for reading, it took me a while to do this,lmao..:stoned-smilie:

jimmi420
22-10-12, 03:46 PM
Good stuff VMAX and Poet . VMAX get your mam sorted and back on the oil man. Good luck.

420Boss
22-10-12, 04:03 PM
Wow ,what a great thread,I learned alot and I decided to let my HPxLT go an extra 2 weeks so it has a chance to puff up like yours did.I hope the oil makes your mum 100% clear of all that nasty cancer,your a good son.Best wishes to you.

nuube
22-10-12, 04:42 PM
Good man. I think I may go over kill as I grind mine before I add the ISO.

I really hate boiling of the ISO. I do it at the kitchen window, with a fan going and a fire extinguisher at my side. I make a flask of coffee as I don't even risk boiling the kettle.

Vador
22-10-12, 04:58 PM
Did you put the whole 13oz in??
That's a real nice thing your doing for your mum, you should be proud.
Top man

WanderinBloke
22-10-12, 05:02 PM
looks great man. top job.

to save a lot of time, instead of using the coffee warmer, you can just put the solution into the oven for an hour or so, on 110c.

420Boss
22-10-12, 05:06 PM
I also had a suggestion regarding using a hand held electric mixer to incorperate the weed,what do you think about that? I got the idea from watching it done to make the ice hash,it seemed to really pulverise the ingredients.

DrGreen
27-10-12, 03:05 AM
oooh my fucking god man!! that is a tree and half!! looks rdwc style lol
they say keep the oil at lower doseage as a preventage measure push her to keep on it, its so worth it man :D

afterall they also say even with nothing wrong take it as a vitamin a keep well for general well being :)

kygiacomo
27-10-12, 03:18 AM
Here we are people, the sun has his hat on so its oil time!
After being at the dentist this morning having the biggest tooth ive ever seen removed from my skull, its all systems go.

The first thing to do was remove as much stem as poss, this took longer than thought it would!

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25841.JPG

Then the weigh in, Total of 13oz 24g not to bad.

Here we are ready to get mixing,lol.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2585.JPG

I do like everything ready before i start, these are just water bottles cut up as when im done these will be chucked out. A funnel would be better.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25861.JPG

Acetone was my choice, in the bucket and get mushing, stabbing and stiring. You really wanna batter the fuck out of it.
I used a raw piece of wood, must be raw!! no paint or vanish as this will be stripped by the actone.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2587.JPG

Try not to splash it up ya leg,lol.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25882.JPG

Ater a couple of mins i had a check and not ready yet.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2590.JPG

This is what i wanted to see.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2589.JPG

For the first strain through i use my 220 bubble bag.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2591.JPG

The good bit about using the bag is you squeeze the crap out of it and get loads more out.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2593.JPG

First strain done.
http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25941.JPG

Now through the coffee filters into the getto bottles.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25961.JPG

Its good to keep swilling the bucket as you get a sediment that settles in the bottom.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP25981.JPG

Now the dodgy bit, boiling acetone,lol.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2599.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP26001.JPG

I dunno if this is any good but ive saved it anyway, Ill let ya know.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2602.JPG

nice clean bottles, no crap what so ever left after the coffee filtering.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP26011.JPG

As the acetone boils off you will get a tide mark round the boiler, this is your oil!

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2603.JPG

a gentle swill round and its back in the mix.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP26041.JPG

Nearly there. This took about 1 1/2 hours

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2606.JPG

Time for the 8 drops of water.
You gotta be on ya toes here, things move real quick when its near the bottom and boiling quite hard

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2607.JPG

It really was seconds before i poured whats left into the smaller pot.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2608.JPG

Now it sat on the coffee warmer getting rid of the last of the acetone

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2609.JPG

when it stops bubbling which took 11 hours last time, its good to go!! I now have RSO!!!:D

Thanks for reading, it took me a while to do this,lmao..:stoned-smilie:

looks like some top notch oil mate..well done and nice thing to do for ur mom..i would like to roll me a fat super lemon haze then jsut drop it in that oil take it out let it dry and smoke it..:joint:

katy
28-10-12, 08:33 PM
Great thread V, if you cant persuade her to keep taking the oil, put it in her tea or something! (you will be forgiven!)

Best of luck with it. So many people die from the 'cures' for this horrible disease, it's hard, when you know there is a perfectly safe alternative to nuking your body, to watch someone suffer.

DrGreen
29-10-12, 02:43 PM
awsome mae keep reading it lol, i see poet said about the decarb to ya anyways lol,
did ya do it dry or wet? ive tryed it wet lol dog food taste

looks awsome :) cant wait to try it

dagthedevil
31-10-12, 02:28 PM
How is it going mate=?
Great job on everything!

420Boss
31-10-12, 02:37 PM
How much oil do you get from 13 ounces? How is it taken?(smoked ,drank) I have heard of it working wonders but dont know much else about it.I know its very nice of you to make it for someone,hats off to you.

WanderinBloke
31-10-12, 02:39 PM
How much oil do you get from 13 ounces? How is it taken?(smoked ,drank) I have heard of it working wonders but dont know much else about it.I know its very nice of you to make it for someone,hats off to you.

The amount of oil you get is dependant on the quality of the weed. Ive made oil and only got 2g per oz (purchased weed), whereas people on here have got 6g from an oz (weed theyve grown themselves).

The oil can be smoked, ingested or stuck up your bum. Take your pick :)

420Boss
31-10-12, 03:02 PM
Ummmmmm its tough but I think I would choose option 1 or 2 Have at least buy me dinner and drinks for option 3

VMAX
01-11-12, 12:30 PM
I also had a suggestion regarding using a hand held electric mixer to incorperate the weed,what do you think about that? I got the idea from watching it done to make the ice hash,it seemed to really pulverise the ingredients.
Yeah, ive done this when making bubble hash, I wouldnt like to use an electric drill with acetone about tho also it could splash every where. Its not much work as the acetone does most of the work.

Its been abit up and down in V towers the last couple of weeks, not just my mum but wanderinblokes bad times, as well as nuube. thinking of ya guys!

So, my mum stopped doing the oil after her 5th chemo and had the worse week, really sick! So she started it again,,,phew!!!
As I type she is having her 6th and last chemo so we wont get any scan results for a couple of weeks, BUT her blood count taken this morning is down to 9! WHAT? They dont concider a blood count below 28 as a problem.
Mum called from her chair in the hospital to tell me,lol, shes over the moon...

The doc said again this morning that she has only seen one other respond to chemo this well! Cough, maybe not the chemo:banghead:

So, back to this oil run, results where bad, I done the full 13 oz and got just over 30ml. the same amount as last time with 7oz of bud.
That tells me it really wasnt a big yeilder.
Its also not very strong, With the last batch i wasnt sure how it was so was told to smoke some, holy cow i was fucked and whited out on half a spliff.
I tried to whitey out on this oil and 3 spliffs down, still no whitey!
This oil run is a fail as far as cancer treatment! I really dont think its strong enough.

I have a freind whos dog suffers from epileptic seizures so hopefully they will try this oil.
Also for another freind who has parkinsons is going to try it.

Its looking like there is going to be a local to me Cannabis Social Club opening soon and im sure there are people that can use this oil for things other than cancer, fingers crossed.

Thanks for all ya comments guys, they mean alot when things are down!

luv ya
V

WanderinBloke
01-11-12, 06:53 PM
Yeah, ive done this when making bubble hash, I wouldnt like to use an electric drill with acetone about tho also it could splash every where. Its not much work as the acetone does most of the work.

Its been abit up and down in V towers the last couple of weeks, not just my mum but wanderinblokes bad times, as well as nuube. thinking of ya guys!

So, my mum stopped doing the oil after her 5th chemo and had the worse week, really sick! So she started it again,,,phew!!!
As I type she is having her 6th and last chemo so we wont get any scan results for a couple of weeks, BUT her blood count taken this morning is down to 9! WHAT? They dont concider a blood count below 28 as a problem.
Mum called from her chair in the hospital to tell me,lol, shes over the moon...

The doc said again this morning that she has only seen one other respond to chemo this well! Cough, maybe not the chemo:banghead:

So, back to this oil run, results where bad, I done the full 13 oz and got just over 30ml. the same amount as last time with 7oz of bud.
That tells me it really wasnt a big yeilder.
Its also not very strong, With the last batch i wasnt sure how it was so was told to smoke some, holy cow i was fucked and whited out on half a spliff.
I tried to whitey out on this oil and 3 spliffs down, still no whitey!
This oil run is a fail as far as cancer treatment! I really dont think its strong enough.

I have a freind whos dog suffers from epileptic seizures so hopefully they will try this oil.
Also for another freind who has parkinsons is going to try it.

Its looking like there is going to be a local to me Cannabis Social Club opening soon and im sure there are people that can use this oil for things other than cancer, fingers crossed.

Thanks for all ya comments guys, they mean alot when things are down!

luv ya
V

That's great news mate, Im so glad she's back on the oil and her count is so low! Im hopeful for the future for you both :)

Just for reference, which weed gave the great results and which the not so great?

VMAX
02-11-12, 05:34 AM
That's great news mate, Im so glad she's back on the oil and her count is so low! Im hopeful for the future for you both :)

Just for reference, which weed gave the great results and which the not so great?

Thanks man.
The bad one was a hash passion x from a guy on here, he did tell me not to bother and its a low yeilder, he was right.
The goodn was Rocksers cheese, the oil from those was awesome, will be growing that again as soon as my current grow is done, unless something else turns up, you know how it is....

WanderinBloke
02-11-12, 09:17 AM
Thanks man.
The bad one was a hash passion x from a guy on here, he did tell me not to bother and its a low yeilder, he was right.
The goodn was Rocksers cheese, the oil from those was awesome, will be growing that again as soon as my current grow is done, unless something else turns up, you know how it is....

Would that be the cheese #1?

Tetric
02-11-12, 09:25 AM
Thanks man.

Glad to hear about your mother being on the oil again and the low blood count. Im not sure it is the oil though, cause my mother had the same low blood count after her two earlier chemos, but the last chemo wasnt that sucessful so our only hope is the oil now.

To bad about the bad weed. I'd like to recommend White Russian, the strongest weed there is, that also has ~2% CBD :)

Keep it up :)

VMAX
02-11-12, 09:32 AM
Would that be the cheese #1?
thats the one mate.

Glad to hear about your mother being on the oil again and the low blood count. Im not sure it is the oil though, cause my mother had the same low blood count after her two earlier chemos, but the last chemo wasnt that sucessful so our only hope is the oil now.

To bad about the bad weed. I'd like to recommend White Russian, the strongest weed there is, that also has ~2% CBD :)

Keep it up :)

You maybe right there dude, it will all depend on the scans in a couple of weeks.

Tetric
02-11-12, 09:37 AM
You maybe right there dude, it will all depend on the scans in a couple of weeks.

Will probably be properly clean from cancer after a successful chemo with that low bloodcount. My mothers cancer returned after 5 months after her second chemo. But it doesent always come back, the first few months after chemo is crucial. After the last chemo her blood count was still 200, it means ofcourse that the chemo didnt kill her tumours properly, so now we're trying to bomb em out with the oil. X-rays in january will show the results.

norm
02-11-12, 06:26 PM
ok, so this girly is getting the chop monday, id like to leave it another week but im away.work again...
Shes a hash passion x love train that has been growing since april. Not really had any issues or spider mite for the first time ever.
Cant believe my luck that i planted a high thc strain before i found out about my mums cancer, guess the hash god was looking over me that day,lol.

Some back ground.

My mum was diagnosed with stage 3 stomach cancer a few months ago, the more they looked the more they found so me being me got OCD about it and hit the net.

I done an RSO oil run with the 7oz i had and sent it over to her. My mum started chemo the same time as the oil but she didnt keep to the 1g a day after getting a bit wankered on it,lol.

She was set for 3 chemos then a scan and check up, they said if the 3 didnt do anything they will be removing some of the stomach and things didnt look good. The first chemo didnt knock her to much, the second alittle more and so on.

My mum has been on chemo, She has had 3 lots and still looking at another 3 but the hospital are amazed and have only seen this happen once before..
Its gotta be the oil, My mum is 100% certain its the oil so she is upping her dose now.
She still has some cancer in her ovary and the cancer blood count is still high but the stomach,lymph, spleen, liver and kidneys are clear, nothing to be seen on the scan.She sees the doc tomorrow but she is the talk of the hospital at the mo.

After seeing the doc she found out that the blood count had gone from 1080 to 100. When she asked the doc if it was the oil she shrugged and said "what ever you are doing, keep doing it!"

I know some would say its the chemo, but really??? I dont think so and nor do the doctors and nurses.

Here she is today, this morning she had a soaking of just Molasses+water, 3 sleeps till chop:harvest:

cheers

Hiya bro really sorry to hear about your Mum. I am making variations of hash (not rso) using 99% iso and came across this page of info on ways to decarboxilate your starring material in order to yeild 50% more active cannabinoids, terpinoids etc...hope it helps, its all about making jahh and extracting from extracts but half way down it has a bit on manipulating starting material in boiling water?? Have a goosey gander http://www.rexresearch.com/hhusb/hh6thc.htm :thumbup:

norm
02-11-12, 06:32 PM
Cannabis must be dried before it is extracted, because it is not possible to remove more than 50% of the cannabinoids from fresh material THC-Acid is difficult to extract If you plant to convert the THCA to THC, the plant material should be thoroughly decarboxylated by heating it under nitrogen at 105 C for 1 hour before performing a solvent extraction.:eek:
Chloroform is the most efficient solvent for the extraction of THC from cannabis. A single extraction will remove 98-99% of the cannabinoids within 30 minutes. A second extraction removes only 88-99% of the cannabinoids within 30 minutes. A second extraction removes 100% of the THC. Light petroleum ether (60-80) also works well, but a single extraction removes only 88-95% of the cannabinoids; a double extraction removes up to 99%. Ethanol also can be used, but it removes ballast pigments and sugars which complicate the purification of the resin**(11, 12)*
Extract the dried cannabis with a suitable solvent for several hours at room temperature or by refluxing. Filter through charcoal to clarify the solution, then chill overnight to precipitate waxes, then filter the solution again. Concentrate it to one-half volume, and extract it with 2% aqueous sodium sulfate (to prevent oxidation). Separate the aqueous layer, and strip the solvent. The residue is crude hemp oil.
The odoriferous terpenes can be removed by steam or vacuum distillation. Cautious distillation in vacuo yields a fraction of crude red oil (bp 100-220 C/3 mm). This can be purified by redistillation or column chromatography. Use ethanol to remove the residue from the flask while it is still hot. Filter the solution through charcoal, and strip the solvent. Distill the residue to yield pure red oil (bp 175-195 C /2 mm). Distillation must be stopped if smoke appears, indicating decomposition.**(13, 14)*
Because THC is heat-sensitive, it is preferable to isolate the cannabinoids by column chromatography. The simplest method of column chromatography is performed with ethanol and ether extracts of hemp on alumina, yielding two major fractions: (1) chlorophyll, CBD, and CBN, and (2) THC. A second, more difficult method is performed on Florisil (use 10 times the weight of the oil) with the solvent system hexane:2% methanol. This yields a doubly-concentrated, viscous oil which can be repeatedly chromatographed on alumina to separate the THC and CBD.**(15)*
Ok so not completely sure its relevant to you but obviously any way of upping thc etc its gonna help:D
An hour before hand ain't much. Cheers a and sorry if i wasted any ones time:)

VMAX
19-02-13, 04:25 PM
A lil update from my mum, She wrote all this down and ive just copied it.

Introduction to hemp

June 2012 after test byops ect I finally find out I have cancer. Stomach and ovarian, grade 3.

So not feeling my best.

The plan is chemo, 6 sessions then an op to take out what they can provided the tumour has shrunk enough, then 3 more sessions of chemo.

2 weeks later had a byopsy and they found that my stomach was dotted with lots of lumps, not one particular tumor so that would make it harder to take out when the time comes for an operation.

Now dont let anyone tell you that the worst thing in life is being told you have grade 3 cancer, the worst thing is telling your kids!

Im starting chemo on the 16/7/12 so things have moved on pretty fast. I will put a few things I have been treated with as it might help:

Chemo:

paclitaxel 291mg

carboplatin 525mg done by intravenous over 6 - 7 hours.blood tests before each chemo.

H.B = Haemoglobin = iron

WBC = white blood cells

Pills = hormones

Neuts = bacterial infections

Meloclopramide 10mg - for sickness

Loperamide 2mg for diahorrea

I will scoot over the chemo as we all know that is not a walk in the park. My tumour levels were over 1000. Anyway my son researched my cancer and came up with Hemp Oil. He grew the cannabis, bought a rice steamer, he did everything to make this oil for me as the reports were so good in the killing of cancer cells. Since reading all that there is to read, I have found that this oil is used as a cure for many other things. I was very sceptical as you would be, I am 63 years old but not stupid. I started taking a tiny pinpoint of oil at first but it tasted foul. but my trick was to toast a piece of bread and cut into inch squares spread with marmite then put a pinpoint of oil in each square which took the taste away.

After my first month my cancer level (by the way this is called C125) dropped to 108, yes 108 from over a thousand!!! The doctor was so surprised he said whatever you are doing keep doing it. As I obviously had not told them I taken the oil, yes I know naughty, I think they would throw me of the chemo and the hospital and i wanted all my chances. So what are we thinking? The chemo has worked or the oil, or both? I dont know, I really dont know.

Best to come is after my middle scan - they couldnt see any cancer in my stomach, whoopee, again was it the oil or the chemo. No-one unless a scientist that goes into this would know.

C125 now down to 28, last 3 chemo didnt go that well and i was very hit and miss with the oil as I was so sick.

I have now finished chemo and awaiting on key-hole surgery to take out any floating bits and to take out ovaries. Only an overnight stay we hope.

Operation over and surgeon so very pleased. C125 now down to normal. He took out everything he needed and took some biopsies and one ovary was stuck to the bowel wall. By the scan he said they couldnt see anything, just floating bits. i didnt know but a scan can only tell you 80% of whats going on. Thats why he wanted to operate. Glad he did, as he did find small miniscules under the bowel which would not have been picked up by the scan. So now its three more chemo sessions to kill off the tiny cells. i will carry on with the oil, even afterwards to ward off any other cells that decide to attack me.

So within a year, I was told I had grade 3 cancer, have taken the Hemp oil 3 times a day or 2 times a day or when sick not at all. But how else can you explain my recovery? My oncologist said in the beginning this cancer was not cureable, just manageable. Now its GONE from my stomach, ovaries and tubes. GONE !!! So lets just get those active microscopic bits and Im back to my stubborn self. Stay strong and stay positive, will keep you updated, lets hopw they all get zapped one way or another.

HOW I FELT ON THE OIL:

Apprehensive, wary but when you are faced with life or death most people would try anything. But only after reading up on it. When I first started i didnt get the dosage right and was a bit out of it so it is a case of everyone reacts differently. Some people like to feel like that, me - I hate not being in control, it frightens me. So - so long as I was getting some oil into me, I thought better than none at all. So I built up gradually, I also think that it did help me get through the chemo better. Even at the end of all this, if it doesnt work and I still have cancer, at least I know in my heart that I have tried everything to stay around and annoy my kids more! But of course I could not have done it without the research and more and more research needs to be done by the government or this oil will continue to be underground.

mellowed
19-02-13, 04:28 PM
Damn vmax. Respect to you and your mum mate.

Glad she's on the mend and all the best for the future.

mellowed
19-02-13, 04:30 PM
If you near the northwest then give me a shout mate. You can have all the trim I aquire over the next few weeks if that's any use to ya.

VMAX
19-02-13, 04:34 PM
If you near the northwest then give me a shout mate. You can have all the trim I aquire over the next few weeks if that's any use to ya.

Thanks Mellowed but im in Spain dude. Great offer though mate,cheers.

mellowed
19-02-13, 04:36 PM
Lol. There goes that idea then.

Anytime mate. Really hope it works out for you all anyway fella.

Pugz
19-02-13, 04:37 PM

Get baking some off them chocolate cookies

mellowed
19-02-13, 04:43 PM
I plan to mate. Just thought I would make the offer. Would rather it be put to good medical use than just me messing about.

Pugz
19-02-13, 04:48 PM
I plan to mate. Just thought I would make the offer. Would rather it be put to good medical use than just me messing about.

I know mate good on ya :).

I ment after Vmax declined. I haven't worked out how to double quote yet lol

I've got a method I use for making butter that is less messy and yields a white butter that has non of the ekkk taste if ya fancy a read

WanderinBloke
19-02-13, 04:57 PM
Fantastic news Vmax. Thanks to you and your mum for sharing. Im so pleased that her disease seems to be on the way out, and we both know that's down to the oil, not the chemo ;)

Youve done your mum proud mate.

Cuda
19-02-13, 04:59 PM
Fantastic news Vmax. Thanks to you and your mum for sharing. Im so pleased that her disease seems to be on the way out, and we both know that's down to the oil, not the chemo ;)

Youve done your mum proud mate.

What he said^^^

Congrats man.

Twelve/Twelve
:beer::cool:

mellowed
19-02-13, 05:09 PM
Hit me up pugz.

nuube
20-02-13, 06:27 PM
Mrs VMAX congratulations, not only on your recovery but over coming the years of misinformation about a very vital medicinal substance. Congrats to VMAX for plugging away and getting the message across. May you have many many years of good health.

VMAX
21-02-13, 04:12 AM
Mrs VMAX congratulations, not only on your recovery but over coming the years of misinformation about a very vital medicinal substance. Congrats to VMAX for plugging away and getting the message across. May you have many many years of good health.

Thank you Nuube.

ChuChu
21-02-13, 04:26 AM
Great news from your ma vmax..
Thanks for sharing your story..

I wish your family well for the future mate..
Your a good man..

Peace..:weed:

VMAX
21-02-13, 04:40 AM
Great news from your ma vmax..
Thanks for sharing your story..

I wish your family well for the future mate..
Your a good man..

Peace..:weed:

Thanks ChuChu, Im sure its something everyone would do for their mother if they could mate.
This bit means the most to me,

"My oncologist said in the beginning this cancer was not cureable, just manageable. Now its GONE from my stomach, ovaries and tubes. GONE"

"GONE", what a lovely word, not to keen on the "cure" one,lol.

Diddydon
21-02-13, 04:56 AM
Great news m8.. ;) I have a sister in law that has stomach cancer, but I can't convince my brother to even ask her to try the oil.. I have offered to make it for the,.. I'm going to send him the link to your moms post and see if I can get them to see sense... I also have friend that has cured there brother inoprepable, un curable brain tumor.. Completely gone!

VMAX
21-02-13, 05:31 AM
Yeah Diddy, share it mate, thats why its here. I have a Theory why it worked so well on the stomach but its just a theory so best not share it here.
Thats great news about your freind, is it documented anywhere? Id love to read their story.

nuube
21-02-13, 08:32 AM
Great news m8.. ;) I have a sister in law that has stomach cancer, but I can't convince my brother to even ask her to try the oil.. I have offered to make it for the,.. I'm going to send him the link to your moms post and see if I can get them to see sense... I also have friend that has cured there brother inoprepable, un curable brain tumor.. Completely gone!

I used this thread to help my mother see the truth, and she did agree to use the oil after many months of me talking and eventually reading this and a couple of other threads but unfortunately she left it too late.

Diddy mate, you can only do your best you cannot force people to take the advice even if it is good. You may have to content yourself with the knowledge that despite your best efforts the years of lies and misinformation are stronger.

Duke1
26-02-13, 06:35 PM
well done ,shame that wasnt strong enough,why? looked sticky enough to be potent,suppose it just shows that sticky doesnt allways mean strong.wouldnt platinum rouges method concentrate your oil if you could do that would it make better meds?best wishes to your mum and thank her for putting her experiences in the public eye,more examples in the same place the better i reckon.talk soon take care.

carlhemp
25-04-13, 05:25 AM
this cannabis oil is amazing i had very good results with my mom as well she had lung and bone cancer and everything disappeared in about 3 months !
thats after she started the dose of one gram per day

some crazy shit the doctor said but always ignoring the fact that she said "is Marijuana Oil!"
oooo my mother she was always against cannabis for her old believes
who would have thought that she would end up singing Bob Marley and saying "fuck them all":Nice:
she went on to live 2 more years.
.....hey men cannabis can cure cancer but other shit happens along the way....

im glad to see that this cured is been passed around it can really bring someone back to life!
Long live rick simpson and his hemp oil vids

carlhemp
04-05-13, 06:17 AM
ooo you might be interested in this http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?96971-Would-any-of-you-grow-just-to-try-this-out

stonedkiwi
04-05-13, 06:22 AM
Nice looking hope your mum likes the oil

VMAX
04-05-13, 06:25 AM
ooo you might be interested in this http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?96971-Would-any-of-you-grow-just-to-try-this-out

Thanks carl, for health yeah, from what ive read it great but its not going to "cure"(hate that word) anything. Just a health drink dude imo.

VMAX
04-05-13, 06:27 AM
Nice looking hope your mum likes the oil

If she liked being off her tits shed love the oil but she dont,lol.
cheers.

Olmec
04-05-13, 11:40 AM
The forbidon cure at work again it seems! Peace

Mr. Don Keidik
27-05-13, 09:33 PM
that is very impressing mate
all the respect

my mom also had cancer, twice, she got chemo and all that stuff (no ganja unfortunatly) and in my opinion all this chemo thing is just killing you.
anyway, god bless now she is alright and i hope you mom too .

now about the oil i have few questions if i may.
i have plans to make some from my upcoming crop, and i want to do it rick simpsons way,
but the thing is that naptha is really really a hard to get around here, so you using acetone -
how did the final product looked like, comparing to RS's ? [ive noticed that its a 1000 light years away from stuff like ISO or BUTANE]
can you up some photos of the really final product ?

and also - what is the ratio between ganja weight to final product wieght ?
if you use per say 500 grams of ganja, how much oil will you get from it ?

ATB, wealth and happyness
W

VMAX
28-05-13, 10:12 AM
Ello Woogs, thanks for the wishes and I'm glad your mums doing good.

At this time I'm not going to recomend any solvents as there seems to be quite alot of discussion going on about the safety of using some solvents, Acetone included. Naptha being one of the most dangerous for oil thats for oral use.

I havent had any problems as I believe if its made right it shouldnt have any nasties left in it. Saying that my next run will be ISO, even this is still on the dangerous list. I think the solvents and methods they are suggesting will not make a potent enough oil and im yet to see anything more than hot air come from these people.

This is Facebook group that you can join to get most of the latest solvent and methods but beware, I dont believe the oil extraction method (safest by all accounts) have any tests or real life cases to study. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/416702921703509/
Goodluck bro and if you need any help just message me.

Oh, and how much oil you get really depends on the bud and method, anything from 2/8ml per oz.

Mr. Don Keidik
18-06-13, 11:21 PM
btw
what about that coffe filter resin,
any good ?
any pics of final product ? (both oil and coffe filter resin)

VMAX
21-06-13, 12:02 PM
btw
what about that coffe filter resin,
any good ?
any pics of final product ? (both oil and coffe filter resin)

The filter resin wasn't at all resin as all the goodness was in the oil, it was just rank fluffy plant material, lol.
What sort of pics would you like?

Mr. Don Keidik
21-06-13, 01:14 PM
The filter resin wasn't at all resin as all the goodness was in the oil, it was just rank fluffy plant material, lol.
What sort of pics would you like?

well now that the coffe filter settelments turned out to be nothing than only pics of the oil
how different acetone oil looks from RSO in terms of density and color

VMAX
21-06-13, 01:35 PM
Here you go Woogs, one the right is acetone, on the left is ISO.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2879.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2878.JPG

Mr. Don Keidik
21-06-13, 03:46 PM
nice .

Duke1
21-06-13, 03:54 PM
i got my info from various sources and have experimented with it a bit,i get masses of trim which is fresh chopped so first i destalk it,then oven dry at 100 for 25-30 minutes till its really dry and then grind it up and bag and freeze it,and the iso overnight.the last lot of oil had to be done in a hurry and turned out the cleanest.so it seems using iso the quicker you get it done the better.peace
It does indeed work after extraction. It hadnt even occurred to me that you could do it before extraction until last night, when I read about people decarb'ing the weed in the oven first. Just goes to show there are many ways of doing this.

WanderinBloke
21-06-13, 03:58 PM
i got my info from various sources and have experimented with it a bit,i get masses of trim which is fresh chopped so first i destalk it,then oven dry at 100 for 25-30 minutes till its really dry and then grind it up and bag and freeze it,and the iso overnight.the last lot of oil had to be done in a hurry and turned out the cleanest.so it seems using iso the quicker you get it done the better.peace

Yep, the less time the iso is on contact with the plant the cleaner the oil. I havent tried the freezing iso thing yet tho, must give it a go :)

Willo12
21-06-13, 07:04 PM

What was the end yeild mate ? She looks really good what was her hight ?

Some back ground.

cheers

What was the end yeild ? And how tall was she ? She looks a very good strong plant

VMAX
23-06-13, 07:13 AM
Yep, the less time the iso is on contact with the plant the cleaner the oil. I havent tried the freezing iso thing yet tho, must give it a go :)

2 mins seems to be the way to go from what I've read, the ISO oil in the pic was a in for 2 mins, any less and I'm not sure if your getting all the goodies. Drying and testing whats left would tell ya though.

VMAX
23-06-13, 07:18 AM
What was the end yeild ? And how tall was she ? She looks a very good strong plant
She got me just under 14oz but only gave me 30ml of oil, not a good result and not good oil, it's all in the starting material fella.

VMAX
27-06-13, 06:46 AM
Mums in remission :rock::weed:

VMAX
27-06-13, 06:49 AM
Another oil run today using the CBD crews Medi haze, this is for 2 very special patients.

Mr. Don Keidik
27-06-13, 06:59 AM
gl
make sure you post some pics ;]

WanderinBloke
27-06-13, 11:00 AM
Another oil run today using the CBD crews Medi haze, this is for 2 very special patients.

Good man. So youre convinced on the importance of big CBD?

Duke1
27-06-13, 12:52 PM
the best news you could hope for,great!give our regards to mum.peace.
Mums in remission :rock::weed:

Duke1
27-06-13, 12:58 PM
i for one am convinced from our own experience so far that the oils made from high cbd/thc ratios work better on skin cancer than high thc low cbd strains,im not certain that thc is the cancer killing bit asit is the evidence scientificaly speaking is lacking in proof of which bit does,or doesnt work,but im sure the cbd has more to do with it than thc.maybe both are required,along with other yet to be studied chemicals in cannabis,every time i read the number of cannabinoids has grown,who really nos what bit does what?and until they studty it proper we will all be groping in the dark!

VMAX
28-06-13, 05:46 AM

I am for these two bud, for a change it's not cancer and the more CBD the better, hopefully I'll have a 20/1 cut soon.

VMAX
28-06-13, 06:05 AM
Only managed to get it all filtered yesterday, it takes sooooo long man.

All frozen and ready to go,

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2885.JPG

timed for 2 mins,

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2887.JPG

washed bud back in the freezer ready for the second wash which will be for rubs,

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP28882.JPG

love the colour, all filtered.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP28891.JPG

Working today but going to try and bunk off early to get it cooked off.

VMAX
28-06-13, 10:59 AM
So the still is up and running, it stinks guys, not quite sure if it smells less though. Having a mare with the rubber seal too, every time i whip the lid off the seal falls in so needs resealing every time, if it's not on iso pisses all down the sides. Bummer and a pain in the arse, it seems to grow when it's hot.

WanderinBloke
28-06-13, 11:05 AM
So the still is up and running, it stinks guys, not quite sure if it smells less though. Having a mare with the rubber seal too, every time i whip the lid off the seal falls in so needs resealing every time, if it's not on iso pisses all down the sides. Bummer and a pain in the arse, it seems to grow when it's hot.

I'd've been very surprised if it contained the smell somehow. Is this the setup which allows you to reclaim some solvent? If so, it'll be interesting to see how much you get back.

VMAX
28-06-13, 11:33 AM
not much at this rate, I've put the seal in the fridge and it now fits,ffs! going to have find an answer for this as the lid needs to come off quite often....

WanderinBloke
28-06-13, 12:03 PM
not much at this rate, I've put the seal in the fridge and it now fits,ffs! going to have find an answer for this as the lid needs to come off quite often....

Gonna have to keep your eye out for a replacement seal which doesnt change shape so much. It could help if you post measurements and pics of the seal, you never know who's likely to say "ooh, i know where you can get something like that" :)

Mr.UnclePen
28-06-13, 12:39 PM
Have you thought about tinctures?

VMAX
28-06-13, 12:56 PM
Gonna have to keep your eye out for a replacement seal which doesnt change shape so much. It could help if you post measurements and pics of the seal, you never know who's likely to say "ooh, i know where you can get something like that" :)
Will do dude, got a few pics to put up, it seems it expands to fill any gaps, It expands alright, it don't fill the gaps tho,lol.

Have you thought about tinctures?
I have mate, When the 20/1 CBD is ready I'll be making some non activated and activated tinctures for epilepsy. Having trouble finding the right alcohol here though.

WanderinBloke
28-06-13, 01:07 PM
Will do dude, got a few pics to put up, it seems it expands to fill any gaps, It expands alright, it don't fill the gaps tho,lol.

I have mate, When the 20/1 CBD is ready I'll be making some non activated and activated tinctures for epilepsy. Having trouble finding the right alcohol here though.

What kind of alc do you want? I know youre in Spain but I recently found a source of Food Grade ISO and even 96% Organic Grain Alc, here in the UK. Expensive, mind, but if you can get your system reclaiming a good bit...

I spoke to the company flogging it and they emailed a bunch of info/prices to me. I can either give you the name of the company or you can PM an email address and I'll forward their email to you.

psychocannanaut
28-06-13, 01:19 PM
What kind of alc do you want? I know youre in Spain but I recently found a source of Food Grade ISO and even 96% Organic Grain Alc, here in the UK. Expensive, mind, but if you can get your system reclaiming a good bit...

I spoke to the company flogging it and they emailed a bunch of info/prices to me. I can either give you the name of the company or you can PM an email address and I'll forward their email to you.

where did'ya find the 96% grain alcohol dude? if ya dont mind me asking
my tinctures are made with 120 proof vodka (apx 60% alc), if i could find 180 proof in the u.k i'd be a happy dude
though tbh i could of looked harder :)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313743_4290083410165_1416866696_n.jpg

WanderinBloke
28-06-13, 01:24 PM
where did'ya find the 96% grain alcohol dude? if ya dont mind me asking
my tinctures are made with 120 proof vodka (apx 60% alc), if i could find 180 proof in the u.k i'd be a happy dude
though tbh i could of looked harder :)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313743_4290083410165_1416866696_n.jpg

Essex, funnily enough. The Grain Alc has a 26.81 Customs Duty added to the price.... per fucking litre. Will PM linky.

VMAX
28-06-13, 01:26 PM
yeah, guess I could get a vodka and run it through the still to get 60%. The higher proof stuff tends to burn under the tongue.

nuube
28-06-13, 02:59 PM
I made tinctures when practising for my first run of oil. Man it was fucking harsh to take; in fairness I let it sit for hours!

I was using SPIRYTUS (http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p-9042.aspx) , Jesus but that would put hair on your chest, just shortly before your organs burst out in protest at such an assault!

VMAX
28-06-13, 03:55 PM
Well as you can see, with this run the still was pretty much a waist of time and right pain in the arse. Would of been fine if the lid didnt have to keep coming off.
Out of 9L of ISO This was reclaimed, guess you could loose 1/2 L washing your bud.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2896.JPG

Looks about 2L, so only 20%. This being the main cause

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2894.JPG

You could see it pissing out and boiling off,lol.

Thanks to this seal, this is a pic while cool,

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2895.JPG

This hot!

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2892.JPG

It says not to remove the lid but doing this you have too,lol.

Now cooking off the rest,

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2897.JPG

Time to source another seal. I've been on to a mate who uses a still so will let you know, maybe his seal doesn't grow,lmao

Duke1
28-06-13, 04:05 PM
id go to car spares shop get a tube or 2 of instant gasket,run a bead of it around the bit you need to seal,rub a little vaseline on the lid and gently while the instant gasket is still semi pliable gently place the lid and close it,take the lid back of gently and wait for the gasket material to dry,wipe of your vaseline,one gasket.thats what ive used on my home built version(still finding bits!)i figure if it can contain oil under engine pressures then it should work with isopropyl without melting or falling of.good luck
Well as you can see, with this run the still was pretty much a waist of time and right pain in the arse. Would of been fine if the lid didnt have to keep coming off.
Out of 9L of ISO This was reclaimed, guess you could loose 1/2 L washing your bud.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2896.JPG

Looks about 2L, so only 20%. This being the main cause

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2894.JPG

You could see it pissing out and boiling off,lol.

Thanks to this seal, this is a pic while cool,

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2895.JPG

This hot!

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2892.JPG

It says not to remove the lid but doing this you have too,lol.

Now cooking off the rest,

Time to source another seal. I've been on to a mate who uses a still so will let you know, maybe his seal doesn't grow,lmao

WanderinBloke
28-06-13, 04:06 PM
2L back is better than nowt. At that rate the still will pay for itself in a few years :p

Question for you: Youre freezing the weed and ISO separately, overnight, correct? When you mix the ingredients (for 2mins) do you still mash it all up? And is the freezer bit the only real difference to the Simpson method?

WanderinBloke
28-06-13, 04:07 PM
id go to car spares shop get a tube or 2 of instant gasket,run a bead of it around the bit you need to seal,rub a little vaseline on the lid and gently while the instant gasket is still semi pliable gently place the lid and close it,take the lid back of gently and wait for the gasket material to dry,wipe of your vaseline,one gasket.thats what ive used on my home built version(still finding bits!)i figure if it can contain oil under engine pressures then it should work with isopropyl without melting or falling of.good luck

A fine idea there, duke :cool:

VMAX
28-06-13, 04:16 PM
2L back is better than nowt. At that rate the still will pay for itself in a few years :p

Question for you: Youre freezing the weed and ISO separately, overnight, correct? When you mix the ingredients (for 2mins) do you still mash it all up? And is the freezer bit the only real difference to the Simpson method?

Cheers for that,lol. Yes mate, the only thing different. The 2 min thing I'm not overly sure about. I dried some of the washed bud and smoked it, guess what, I'm stoned??? That wouldn't happen with Acetone.

Top idea that Duke, sweet!

Duke1
28-06-13, 05:03 PM
its all them years running ancient vehicles that you cant buy gaskets for,you learn to make shit if you have no choice!good luck.
Cheers for that,lol. Yes mate, the only thing different. The 2 min thing I'm not overly sure about. I dried some of the washed bud and smoked it, guess what, I'm stoned??? That wouldn't happen with Acetone.

Top idea that Duke, sweet!

VMAX
29-06-13, 07:28 AM
Couple of finished pics,

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2901.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2903.JPG

Had a toot last night and came too at 2am on the sofa,lol. Will be taste testing later.

Duke1
29-06-13, 06:12 PM
a good sign that matey i reckon the more narcotic the effect the more cbd is present,i have sorted a few bits towards building my condenser/collector and hope to start building soon!your oil looks clean,hope it passes muster on the test!
Couple of finished pics,

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2901.JPG

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3402/medium/IMGP2903.JPG

Had a toot last night and came too at 2am on the sofa,lol. Will be taste testing later.

VMAX
04-07-13, 03:58 PM
Hi guys, well what a fucking week I've had. I wont bore with details but I've been in and out of hospital/docs with the Mrs every day since Saturday night. She had a blood pressure count of 200/120 and 210/100, the pain she was in was incredible. We now have the blood pressure under control but it's left her with a lot of pain in her head. All the docs want to do is give stronger pain killers! says it all that and reinforce my opinion of the medical establishment.
We will be starting a course of oil when everything settles down.

My test run of the oil went really well, not at all scary or psychedelic,lol. about 4 hours into the test was the first run to the hospital and I was more than capable and in good mind to handle what was going on.
I'm sure I've managed to make this oil without activating it as the temp never went over 100c, another reason I think this is when I smoke it (activating it) it knocks my head in....
This should make good oil for the persons it's intended for and it's on it way to them.
They are on clonazepam right now - a very strong benzodiazepine which gives them withdrawal symptoms (like a proper addict) - so they need more thc to wean them off this drug but as soon as they are off it, they won't need any thc at all..... We are hoping to have the 20/1 strain by then.

Onward and upward, thanks for reading.

WanderinBloke
04-07-13, 04:15 PM
Hey bud, in one of your pics:

you have one of those handheld temp reader thingies. are they any good?

VMAX
04-07-13, 04:25 PM
Hey bud, in one of your pics:

you have one of those handheld temp reader thingies. are they any good?
That one didn't cost much so if its any good I'm not sure, but it seems ok, just point the lazer and read.

Duke1
04-07-13, 04:32 PM
i use a meat thermometer from sainsburys 3 it seems to work as well as my digitalone.

AliceBrownieBaker
31-08-13, 03:56 PM
Thanks VMAX for sharing this experience with us.
I'm interested in making this oil, but really nervous about the chemistry.
You have given me a great start into the research.

I am so happy to hear that your mom is in remission and that you were able to help her.

VMAX
31-08-13, 04:00 PM
Thanks VMAX for sharing this experience with us.
I'm interested in making this oil, but really nervous about the chemistry.
You have given me a great start into the research.

I am so happy to hear that your mom is in remission and that you were able to help her.
Thank you Alice, if you click the first link in my sig it has a load more info.

AliceBrownieBaker
31-08-13, 04:02 PM
Thanks VMAX
In the last run in the post you mentioned using a still, what is that?

VMAX
31-08-13, 04:10 PM
One of these http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/mQow4_EflPs4_Otvr98QSSw.jpg (http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/138323/title/mqow4-eflps4-otvr98qssw/cat/500) It's sold as a water distiller. Your supposed to get most of you solvent back but I only get a 3rd, better than none but it can be quite hairy not knowing how much is left inside, letting it run out inside can burn your oil.

AliceBrownieBaker
31-08-13, 04:13 PM
Ah, Thanks!

Gixer77
20-03-14, 05:11 PM

That's such a shame she has a mindset like that - you'd think that with nothing left to lose, she'd be up for trying anything (within reason!) I may come up against the same attitude from my mum and although she's cancer free now after a hystorectomy, who knows if it can return at some point and I'm more worried that she won't allow my dad to take it for his non-hodgkins lymphoma. Dad's had a few spliffs in his time when he was younger in the merchant navy so I know he'd be open to hemp oil, but mum wears the trousers and if she finds out she'll bang on and on at him, so I may have to get him some oil to take and we will have to just keep it a secret from her. Such a shame as it could give her general good health into her later years too.