PDA

View Full Version : harvest soon

lostorstolen
09-02-09, 05:03 PM
just wandering if anyone might be able to tell me if there is any adverse affects of harvesting buds that seem to be ready and leaving the ones that seem to need a little more time. will it hurt the plant or put it into shock and take a few days to kick back in before the rest of the buds start back up again. any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.:stoned-smilie:

Tay
09-02-09, 05:14 PM
i staggered my last harvest a bit, there were about 12 main colas and i nicked about 4 of them a bit before the rest got chopped and i didn't notice any ill effects. lots of people do the same too so i wouldn;t worry too much about it.

lostorstolen
09-02-09, 05:29 PM
thanks Tay newbie and wasn't sure i'll give it a go

withakay
09-02-09, 07:07 PM
good question, looking forward to reading more replies to this one.

I guess a staggered harvest would have to start after feeding had stpped and plants had been flushed???

Tay
09-02-09, 07:13 PM
I guess a staggered harvest would have to start after feeding had stpped and plants had been flushed???

yeah sorry i should have mentioned that, the first tester i took from my cheese was still full of chemmy ferts and smoking that shit is not to be advised! wasted isn't the word but scary head buzz and horrible coughing the next day were just a couple of the bad points.

edit: tbh it was this that gave me kick up the arse i needed to get flushing and realise how necessary it is :)

WarlockRants
10-02-09, 01:36 AM
Loads of people cut the ready buds and leave the other ones for a few more days. The lower buds are often a little less developed because the buds and leafs etc. above them block the light

lostorstolen
10-02-09, 09:11 PM
thanks to all that replied wasn't sure now i'll give it a go.thanks again:pimped: