PDA

View Full Version : Using a Kif Box

sweetsinner
05-08-07, 07:06 PM
After reading Mr Giants thread I was inspired and got my own Kif Box..

Are there any guides on using it anywhere - cant seem to find much on it..

Growz
05-08-07, 07:45 PM
hi sweets its not that hard if you go to google vids or you tube theres videos on how to do it

;)

sweetsinner
05-08-07, 07:46 PM
thanks Lewy x

sweetsinner
05-08-07, 08:32 PM
Still cant find anything of use, but Green Giants Post is very informative so I shall just go off that :) :mr: to mr giant

Jeffisthebest
06-08-07, 05:35 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PkvygAXIdr8

there you go
:)

greengiant
06-08-07, 09:10 AM
Inspired hey sweet.

My original plan was to take more photos of the actual wrapping and rolling, but I as quite stoned at teh time and overlooked these important parts of the making process.

I might be wrong, but I'm sure ASCI did one on edit. The thread was titled "half hour with a kif box" or so,ething like that. Can't remember how informative it was though.

I'll do a quick guide here:

Trimmings:

You want to use all your trimmings but try to only use the ones that actually have resin on them, i.e. don't keep the fan leaves and stems when you trim your bud. I tend to throw all the big leaves and stems away since they don't contain much THC anyway. Once they have all dried out you can freeze them. I also scrunch them all up to allow more to fit into the box. Not sure if thats a good idea or not, but if all the resin is frozen it shouldn't do too much damage. The reason for freezing is that it hardens up the resin glands and makes them eaier to shake about through the mesh in the kif box. The only problem is that a bag of leaves thaw out pretty quickly. Still works with thawed leaves but not as efficiently.

Now you just need to fill the box say half full of chilled trimmings and shake it about. Obviously try to keep it upright of you will be putting kif back into the leaves. You may want to experiment with how much you fill the box. More trimmings means more resin each time, but less gives the trimmings more space to move about when shaking.

After an hour and a few swaps of the trimmings you should have a nice dusting of kif in the collection tray. Scrape it all into a little pileand find something to seal it in to. Tinfoil is okay, but can stick to the resin pretty well and can be fiddly to remove. I have also used the cellophane from a packet of 10 fags. I prefer tinfoil as its easier to mould into the shape you want.
Get a square piece of foil and fold in half then in half again. Then stick your finger under the top layer of tinfoil on the square you are left with and open it up to form a little pouch. Chuck your kif in there, pack it all in tight and then fold it into a little parcel.

Next you need to heat and roll it. Some people advise on wrapping the parcel with wet paper and baking on a low heat for a short time. I find with small amounts there is no need as they warm up off the roller pretty quickly. For the roller I use a glass bottle filled up with hot water. I also tent do hold the parcel against the bottle for five minutes at the start just to pre heat it a little. On a hard surface you need to slowly roll the package, turning and flipping it as you go. Make sure you keep it warm with the bottle all the time, as this will bind the kif together to form the resin.

After 5 - 10 minutes of rolling, allow the parcel to fully cool. I also stick it in the fridge as it firms the resin up a litte which makes removing the foil a little easier. After 15 - 20 minutes in the fridge, remove and quickly unwrap before your fingers warm it back up and it goes sticky.

Et Voila!!!! Hashish!!! maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!

asci
06-08-07, 10:30 AM
Nice guide mate..

Midnight Toker
06-08-07, 11:37 AM
great minds think alike Sweets.

All my kif has now been dried & i spent an hour putting all the trim & small side buds i kept, through my grinder last night ready to go in the KIF box tonight if i get time ...

I dont freeze it anymore i just put the ground/dried goodies straight into the kif box ... i hope to get a reasonable amount this time too :joint:

greengiant
06-08-07, 11:44 AM

All my kif has now been dried & i spent an hour putting all the trim & small side buds i kept, through my grinder last night ready to go in the KIF box tonight if i get time ...

I dont freeze it anymore i just put the ground/dried goodies straight into the kif box ... i hope to get a reasonable amount this time too :joint:

I think most people just find their own method after trying a few different things.

I'm not sure grinding it is a god idea, as you may be damaging a lot of the resin glands, which may prevent as many from falling though the kif box.
I don't suppose it matters when youre smoking it as it all ends up in the spliff.

I find freezing it makes it easier to get the resin gland heads to detatch from the stalks. As I said though it thaws in 5 minutes anyway.

Midnight Toker
06-08-07, 11:51 AM
As I said though it thaws in 5 minutes anyway.

Exactly .... so unless you're taking out one boxfull at a time it's not frozen by the time you shake it through the box ...

As you say we all got out own way of doing it & i make sure it's 100% dry before grinding it .. i had this lot laid out on paper in the loft for a month
just to make sure there was no moisture left in it ...

asci
06-08-07, 12:15 PM
I use my hands to gently breakdown the leaf material then shove it straight in the kiff box. It's funny how most people tend to personalize how they go about it lol... :)

Midnight Toker
06-08-07, 12:22 PM
Exactly my good man ...

there is no right or wrong way .. just your own preferred way.

if something works for you then that's the right way !!

greengiant
06-08-07, 12:34 PM
What I really need is a way of shaking the box without looking like I'm having a fit whilst watching TV for an hour.

Some kind of vibrating device. Can't think of anything cheap. To all those dirty minds I DO NOT currently own anything that vibrates apart from my phone which doesn't vibrate enough for said use.

Any ideas of automating a kif box anyone??????

sweetsinner
06-08-07, 12:35 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PkvygAXIdr8

there you go
:)

Aww thanks Jeff my you tube hero lol, it wasn't even me being lazy or anything, I really couldn't find anything on it!!

Inspired hey sweet.

Et Voila!!!! Hashish!!! maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!

All of you individually inspire me in different ways from your grows, experiences, posts...
You also make my purse cry ;) So far this month I have purchased a kif box (well two actually as one is a gift for a friend), 200w envirolite, a new skinning up tray as I broke my old one *sniffles*, microscope so I can see my hair in it *laughs* oh and I want a pipe...
that reminds me..
WTL where did you get that funky pipe from, you know the one i like!!! Although that will have to wait until next month as I am skint now :donttouch:

Ahh i am such a sheep ;)

And Mr Asci & Mr LK made me spend LOADS of pennys on my set up ;) *laughs* i am so grateful of all your advice

I hate to quote the "great minds" bit as I don't think anyone has used that phrase to describe me before ;)
Although i did have a scholarship to a very posh school.. but my braincells have gone to pot now.. boom boom! ;)

How much would you call a reasonable amount Midnight? How many plant trimmings do you have?...

I use my hands to gently breakdown the leaf material then shove it straight in the kiff box. It's funny how most people tend to personalize how they go about it lol... :)

Its great having everyones personal take on it :D You just like getting your hands dirty ;)

:greet:

Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone, at least I know what to do with the bloody thing now :D :D :D

asci
06-08-07, 12:45 PM

Funny you should mention that. I've got a couple of ideas that would do the trick and shouldn't cost much to construct. It's still in the drawing faze though..

greengiant
06-08-07, 01:00 PM
Funny you should mention that. I've got a couple of ideas that would do the trick and shouldn't cost much to construct. It's still in the drawing faze though..

Something along the lines of an electric motor in a box and put a weight on the motor to take it out of balance. Mains powered would be cool.

Let me know what you come up with pal.

asci
06-08-07, 01:10 PM
will do mate..

WTL
06-08-07, 01:21 PM
WTL where did you get that funky pipe from, you know the one i like!!! Although that will have to wait until next month as I am skint now :donttouch:

I got that pipe from Edit Sweet. Altho I've seen loads of other online places selling them. Just google Molino glassware.:bong:

Midnight Toker
06-08-07, 02:07 PM
I have the trim from 4 plants, & quite a bit of small bud from 2 ... I'd say there's @ an OZ of dried ground up goodies waiting to go through the Kif Box.

blurry-vision
06-08-07, 10:46 PM
I have the trim from 4 plants, & quite a bit of small bud from 2 ... I'd say there's @ an OZ of dried ground up goodies waiting to go through the Kif Box.

So any idea roughly what weight in hash you'll possibly get from that or is it very hit and miss ?? I guess I want to know on average how much hash the trim of one plant gives...:confused: :mr:

Midnight Toker
06-08-07, 10:58 PM
Well i've been putting some of it through the kif box tonight but there's friggin loads of it to do !!

I've given up for the night but i'm really surprised how much i've got so far, i reckon i've done about a third & i've already got a nice little bag of trics, i reckon i'm gonna have a good 8th, maybe as much as a 1/4 by the time i've finished .... Niiiiccceeeee !!

not been over sieving it as i dont want the green plant matter going through, what i do have is a lovely light brown so far .. :harvest:

so yeah it is worth keeping it & spending a few hours sifting ..

I'll get a pic for y'all once it's all done .

Bitterfly
07-08-07, 12:22 AM
What I really need is a way of shaking the box without looking like I'm having a fit whilst watching TV for an hour.

Some kind of vibrating device. Can't think of anything cheap. To all those dirty minds I DO NOT currently own anything that vibrates apart from my phone which doesn't vibrate enough for said use.

mate i was concocting ideas literaly as i was reading your guide!!

you could always put it on top of your washing machine.

or if you have a joypad for your pc you can test the vibration function for as long as you want.

Midnight Toker
07-08-07, 11:18 PM
Good evening ladies & gentlemen,

Thought you might like to see this ... 8.8g of home made hash using the kif box.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/HMH-1JPG.JPG

those are king size skins for comparison ...

Not too shabby at all :D :bump: :mutz nutz: :dance2:

sweetsinner
07-08-07, 11:37 PM
WOW!!!!
Nice on Midnight Toker!!! :D Your expectations were bob on then.. :D

blurry-vision
07-08-07, 11:52 PM

Thought you might like to see this ... 8.8g of home made hash using the kif box.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/HMH-1JPG.JPG

Wow MT that looks very nice, 8.8 grams lovely...:party::dance2:

asci
08-08-07, 09:03 AM

Bloooody hell midnight, that must have taken a shit load of time to have sorted out.. :)

greengiant
08-08-07, 09:27 AM
Bloooody hell midnight, that must have taken a shit load of time to have sorted out.. :)

My thoughts exactly. It took me about half hour to get a gram.

Midnight Toker
08-08-07, 09:53 AM
WOW!!!!
Nice on Midnight Toker!!! :D Your expectations were bob on then.. :D

Aye, quite pleased with that little lot :barmy:

took me 2 nights of shakin my booty M8, @ 2 hrs a night ... but as i was sat there doing nothing i reckon time well spent.

I did have quite a bit of very small bud from the WW that i had to crop early but at least it wasnt wasted, unlike me when i give it a try tonight :headbang:

My thoughts exactly. It took me about half hour to get a gram.

That sounds about right then M8 .. i reckon there must have a good 110 gms of trim/small bud from the last grow though i never actually weighed it ... but i can tell you that what i had to start with was sticky as fook so i'm expecting great things from it tonight .. :Nice:

So dont throw that trim boys n girls, get a kif box !!!

sweetsinner
08-08-07, 10:19 AM
So dont throw that trim boys n girls, get a kif box !!!

After your picture and patience I am bloody pleased I ordered one *grins*

you could always put it on top of your washing machine.

I'm going with this idea, although im sitting on it too hahah ;)

Midnight Toker
10-08-07, 09:43 AM
Quick update :

Thought i'd let you know that the hash smokes as good as it looks ... :Nice::guitar:

sweetsinner
10-08-07, 07:27 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *drools*

Can't wait to give the kif box a go now.. :D :D

blue widow
10-08-07, 11:25 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *drools*

Can't wait to give the kif box a go now.. :D :D

me 2 :) hehehe

lkdj2003
11-08-07, 12:07 AM
Very very nice mate, that makes your mouth water... :drool::deviltoker: