PDA

View Full Version : Why does Packaged Ham smell like fart?

X_Hoody-Frankz_X
16-03-09, 11:04 PM
hey all;

Just thought it was interesting that packaged ham smells like a ronchy afterburner.

Don't worry the ham is ok... Went straight into the freezer from the grocier store... and Anybody who may be framilure with the Maple Leafs foods tragedy, it is not listeria saminella related...

Just opened a package ham after defrosting, and got hit with a wiff of the bad touch. (if your curious making Cork Screw Noodles with a rouge sauce of Cream of Mushroom, and roasted garlic pasta sauce, with cut green beans, corn, pea's put in a caserole dish and covered with cheese, seasoning to taste).

Anybody know the baterium that causes the naughty goat smell?

Opiate
16-03-09, 11:06 PM
ha, yeah thats what you get for buying pre cooked ham lol...used to work at a dunkin donuts a few years ago and the ham from their ham egg cheese sandwhiches had the above described stench lol. i don't get food there anymore..

Tay
16-03-09, 11:08 PM
haha i've always wondered that!

sounds like a mad dish you were making... how did it go down?:)

X_Hoody-Frankz_X
16-03-09, 11:10 PM
haha i've always wondered that!

sounds like a mad dish you were making... how did it go down?:)

Just in the oven now... It's 6:09pm (18:09) as I type this... cheese is melting nicely... will let you know

Cha-Cha Chong
17-03-09, 03:00 PM
I have some cheese in the fridge that smells like fart LOL!!! It does taste like cheese though thank god :D

X_Hoody-Frankz_X
17-03-09, 03:33 PM
Oh Yea Cha, cheese can be ranky, but delicious at the same time... Love biting into a cheese that can be smelt from miles away the kind that gives you that onion burn in your nose when you first bite down...

Rizzah
17-03-09, 03:48 PM
Here in the UK our Ham smells like Ham.

Where do you live?

Tay
17-03-09, 04:09 PM
bernard matthews turkey ham definitely does. even tho there's no pork in there...

The_Hunter
17-03-09, 06:11 PM

Where do you live?

hmm smart price ham can smell a bit iffy some times!
i did once open the fridge to a walking cheese and onion roll! should off thrown it away really, or but it on ebay!

Opiate
17-03-09, 06:30 PM

Where do you live?

"Because here - in THIS country... You don't add inches to your dick. You get a life sentence for it."

Judas
17-03-09, 07:01 PM
The ham here in the UK smells exactly like what hoody has described. Looks like our pal is trolling again. I've lived in both places (in the US for 22 years and in the UK so far for 5) and in both places they smell the way hoody has described.

X_Hoody-Frankz_X
17-03-09, 07:12 PM
"Because here - in THIS country... You don't add inches to your dick. You get a life sentence for it."

LOL !!!! LOL

The ham here in the UK smells exactly like what hoody has described. Looks like our pal is trolling again. I've lived in both places (in the US for 22 years and in the UK so far for 5) and in both places they smell the way hoody has described.

It's just a natural bi product of selling pre packaged, pre cooked ham as I believe Opiate has mentioned above... Just find it interesting how the package gets opend and you look at your dog to see if he broke wind... LOL but when you smell the meat it smells hammey and tastey...

I have a feeling my posts are becomming a metaphorical bridge. We all know whats lives under a bridge... If you don't ask my friend Billy Goat Gruff.

Nephilim
17-03-09, 07:25 PM
PH of the meat and certain bacteria coupled with vacumn packaging. Darker cuts of ham are more prone to this and you may have notice some ham having a greenish translucent shine in places, the bacteria produce the eggy sulphurous smell. The smell and even the green tinge will dissappear after being exposed to oxygen for few hours. As for Bernard Matthews... as has been often commented on, there is a man that's made a fortune selling water as meat, the amount of water pumped into most their products is ridiculous, still, gets the weights up eh ;)

X_Hoody-Frankz_X
17-03-09, 07:29 PM
I am going to start the church of Nephilim... You and Bush dr will be my center for enlightenment

The_Hunter
17-03-09, 07:50 PM
the church of giants?

Nephilim
17-03-09, 08:01 PM
Lol Church of Enlightenment is called "Life", if one lives it with at least one eye open, unblinkered ;). Ah Nephilim Giants, alas, the uncorrupted version of the story of The Nephilim, before they were made out as some kinda devils, they were the Sons of Angels and Mortal Women and as such could go twixt the Earthly and Heavenly realms and were eventually banished from Earth for giving away secrets of heaven to mankind, I hope farty ham wasn't a heavenly secret :eek:

X_Hoody-Frankz_X
17-03-09, 09:20 PM
Nice tie in man...