PDA

View Full Version : What's the most Crystally strain you know? For making essential Oil. PICS

Tripples
20-03-09, 04:44 PM
Whats the most Crystally strain you know? For essential Oil making.

(The crystals are what we are gathering as they contain the THC) - No green chlorophyll or other sludgy bits are wanted

It's to be used medicinally, so I'll put the whole buds leaves and stalks through the process to use up every bit of THC.

I will dedicate about a 120cm2 place with a 400w or maybe 600w HPS, and I'm thinking of scrogging it too - Like this...

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/747/medium/Scrog_for_Oil_webiger.jpg

There are 4 UVb bulbs at 26w (104w) as this encourages crystal production.

The concave tunnel shape in the pic will be domed shape to maximise light use in this square space.

I might use a reflector, but I'm not sure if i should gain lumens or cover more area by having the reflector off.

The_Hunter
20-03-09, 07:33 PM
vertical bulb hanging wastes alot of energy

Tripples
20-03-09, 11:30 PM
Thanks that helps, I'll just use a cool tube.

Dredlock
21-03-09, 03:25 PM
ermmmm oil production from waste material (I.E leaf and twigg)and crystals produce pollen/hash...... you can get a whole lot more out of your gathering if you follow a few set ways fella :) good luck!!

Tripples
21-03-09, 05:43 PM
So are you saying - Don't bother using the buds for oil? I want the highest quality oil as it is for an arthritis sufferer. I know some people may scare at the idea of crushing up buds and using it for oil, but I want to produce the most potent oil I can for healing purposes.

Thanks

The_Hunter
21-03-09, 06:37 PM
make buddah

The_Hunter
21-03-09, 06:38 PM
a good strain is white russian

Tripples
21-03-09, 07:11 PM
I'll look into the white russian - Any particular breeders/ sed banks you'd recommend ?
and buddah, do you mean budder? That stuff that lucky Canadians and Californians are fond of?

Bush Dr
21-03-09, 08:03 PM
vertical bulb hanging wastes alot of energy

Only when it's done wrong like the way this is set up ..... which is actually a bunch of lights laid in a horizontal pattern

Tripples.... no offence but that is just not how you do it at all, either use a reflector or read up on 'vertical' growing .....

Bush:bigjoint::bigjoint:

The_Hunter
22-03-09, 12:57 PM
yes man budder sorry
erm strain banks
Serious Seeds

or green house do a white rhino
YouTube - Green House Seed Co White Rhino Grow with Italian Subtitles

Awards:

2nd prize Bio HTCC 1996.

2nd prize Champions Cup 2005.

Genetics:

Afghan, Brazilian and South Indian.

Effect:

Very famous for its medicinal properties, strong sedative effect. Almost narcotic.

Flowering indoor:

9 weeks will guarantee rock-hard tops and extra sweet taste with a yield up to 900 gr/sqm.

Flowering outdoor:

Ready at the beginning of October in the Northern hemisphere and in April in the Southern one.

THC: 13.35%

CBD: 0.77%

CBG: 0.27%

Dredlock
29-03-09, 01:11 PM
So are you saying - Don't bother using the buds for oil? I want the highest quality oil as it is for an arthritis sufferer. I know some people may scare at the idea of crushing up buds and using it for oil, but I want to produce the most potent oil I can for healing purposes.

Thanks

yup i am saying dont waste your bud the leaf alone will make you fine oil, oil is available in all parts of the plant in the same quantities, dont be fooled thinkin bud will make you better oil than the rest of the plant its just not the case :) you will get far more pollen from the bud not oil :) pollen for hash :)

owww and if you make hash as well as oil then you could drop a blob a oil on to your hash and make jelly hash :) now there is a thought for a rainy sunday afternoon :)

Dredlock
29-03-09, 01:12 PM
9 weeks will guarantee rock-hard tops and extra sweet taste with a yield up to 900 gr/sqm.

Now thats a load a crap for a start lol i would pay to see 900G off a Sq mtre

someone
29-03-09, 04:23 PM
ive never grew it but look at Cannabiogen Destroyer

Ironlung
30-03-09, 01:01 PM
There are 4 UVb bulbs at 26w (104w) as this encourages crystal production.

Wow i have tons of these bulbs but mine are 75w as i keep lots of snakes and other reptiles ..
Looks like i better hook a few up for my ladies :D