PDA

View Full Version : The lack of high strain CBD seeds for sale

Petch
09-03-13, 10:00 PM
I've been looking around the net today reading about CBD and it's medicinal qualities, I found info on a few high CBD strains, but damned if I can locate any to buy, so I can can grow them, smoke that shit, and find out for myself....

I have spent the best part of Saturday afternoon looking in to it, but found little. Here's what I have found....

The suppossed high CBD strains are called 'Harliquin' between 8% - 12% CBD & 8% THC' This being the highest CBD strain...the other one was 'Omrita' -

Also looking on seedbanks websites, hardly any will give you the CBD % but they do for THC, Greenhouse seeds being one of the few that do.

I found a site which gives info on some strains that are available at seedbanks,

Not sure how reliable the info is, but Bubba kush is highest with 2% CBD, and a few other Kush strains giving 1-2% CBD

My best guess to the lack of high CBD seeds is that the discovery of CBD and it's uses is new and still being worked on.

Petch
09-03-13, 10:02 PM
I have found a list of high CBD strains, has anyone ever grown any of these, see link

http://bestcannabis.com/category/best-cannabis-strains-high-cbd/

Captain Beefheart
09-03-13, 10:05 PM
i think dutch passion just released a new medi strain av a look at tonys site its skunk 1 crossed with summit its a new 1 cpt

gavin
09-03-13, 10:19 PM
Juanita la Lagrimosa - Reggae Seeds
I have one in the flower room and its a very high yeilding strain

Type: Mainly Sativa
Genetics: Reina Madre (Queen Mother) x Diesel
Flowering: 60-65 days
Harvest Outdoor: Mid October
Production: Medium
Analyses: CBD/THC 8.81% THC 6.77%

hope this helps, about 5 weeks in flower, grown from seed

Duke1
09-03-13, 10:19 PM
one on that list original afghan1 the best medical strain i have found in 30 years,been with us since the 70s and is the backbone of many good medical strains,the plant itself is a typical indica with max 1mtr plants with some of the most resinous buds you will ever see.not sure if the cbd level has been tested but i bet its quite high,the thc is sensible too.by that i mean not maniacly strong but strong enough and the effects last much longer than most.the pain killing effect developes better given 9-10 weeks of 12-12 then its goodbye pains and hello couch!i dont ussualy grow anything else,but have braved a afghani1 x kush and wwxbb and 1 automazar which is a mutant monster mazar bully!keeps pushing the regs out the way!good luck whatever you choose.

Cuda
09-03-13, 11:06 PM
Check this out.....

http://m.medicaljane.com/cbd-rich-strain-avidekel-sets-new-medicinal-standard/

Cybes
10-03-13, 02:43 PM
spotted this on the thc talk shop this morn may give these a shot at some point and there surpossed to be 5% cbd and thc!
cbd-sweet-n-sour-widow-regular-seeds

WanderinBloke
10-03-13, 02:58 PM
I acquired a clone of the new Mr Nice Seeds CBD strain, Medi Haze (formerly known as Psycho Haze), recently. It was tested at Spannabis and achieved the following results:

THC 8.786% CBD 11.979% CBG 0.534% CBN 0.040%

Nice :D

Hopefully thatll be available as seed relatively soon.

Cybes
10-03-13, 03:01 PM
i hope they do Wb as thats some set of results. have you had a chance to get a taste of it yet?

WanderinBloke
10-03-13, 04:14 PM
i hope they do Wb as thats some set of results. have you had a chance to get a taste of it yet?

Not grown it out yet mate. I picked up a CBD Skunk Haze clone at the same time which I'm currently growing with a White Russian and Maui Waui. The Psycho is currently residing with a pal readying herself to dish out a load of cuts :D Check out Talpa's grow on here, he's grown the Psycho Haze for the CBD Crew.

this_Is_a_NewEra
10-03-13, 05:15 PM
Check LEAFLY for some Medical strains. I know its a Yank site but it is easily transfered to world wide, great starting point.

Petch
10-03-13, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the replies...

I almost have the B-52 strain ready due for harvest, got a couple of big buddha cheese in veg, and some master kush seeds ready for when the B-52 has been harvested, next plant grown after that is going to be Juanita la Lagrimosa from Reggae Seeds, cheers for the info on that as the seed prices are reasonable....I think CBD etc will become more of a feature in the future for us guys when we are buying seeds, we can only get more knowledgeable about this amazing plant.

Hey, who knows, we could all be respectable members of society in 15 years growing cannabis for a legit career, growing medical weed, or Amesterdam style cafe owners.

DutchPassionTony
11-03-13, 03:25 PM
quite a few recreational tokers prefer the CBD-rich varieties. We are starting to hear some good feedback from the medical community regarding CBD-rich varieties. But I think you will see some of the old-school smokers that will also enjoy them.

Here is a medical report from a grow cooperative which made oil from CBD SkunkHaze
http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/news-and-development/Dutch-Passion-CBD-SkunkHaze-Review/

WanderinBloke
11-03-13, 03:40 PM
quite a few recreational tokers prefer the CBD-rich varieties. We are starting to hear some good feedback from the medical community regarding CBD-rich varieties. But I think you will see some of the old-school smokers that will also enjoy them.

Here is a medical report from a grow cooperative which made oil from CBD SkunkHaze
http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/news-and-development/Dutch-Passion-CBD-SkunkHaze-Review/

Cheers bud. I'll be making RSO from the CBD SKunkHaze Im currently growing :)

Petch
11-03-13, 06:24 PM
Almost forgot that you can let all the trichs turn amber, basically let it flower for longer, which increases the coachlock effect, and I believe will also increase the CBD levels as the THC breaks down into CBD...I'll try this and let a couple of the B-52's flower longer.

Master Poet
11-03-13, 06:35 PM
Almost forgot that you can let all the trichs turn amber, basically let it flower for longer, which increases the coachlock effect, and I believe will also increase the CBD levels as the THC breaks down into CBD...I'll try this and let a couple of the B-52's flower longer.

You were saying?!

DaveyJones
11-03-13, 06:43 PM

Wuuuut, I was under the impression that it will degrade, never heard of it breaking down into CBD

Tapatalked

Master Poet
11-03-13, 06:52 PM
Wuuuut, I was under the impression that it will degrade, never heard of it breaking down into CBD

Tapatalked

It doesnt.

Duke1
11-03-13, 08:47 PM
ime with growing the afghan1 i find that the longer you leave it the more couchlocking it gets,but only while its still alive,after cutting it will only degrade and get weaker im sure that thc does not become cbd.it infact becomes inactive thc therefore non phsycoactive.

DutchPassionTony
12-03-13, 10:25 AM
THC doesnt degrade into CBD. 'Typical' varieties seem to average 0.3% CBD or lower. The way to get consistently high CBD levels (4% or more CBD) is to use the rare, but available, genetic lines which are CBD rich.

Two good reads on the subject of CBD are the 'CBD Crew' website (we work with them along with resin seeds, Howard Marks etc) and the 'american CBD Crew' which you can find by googling 'project CBD'

What is interesting is that random mutation produces a CBD-rich plant from every 400 (or so) that are grown from seed. The issue (and expense) is the large amount of testing that has to be done to identify and stabilise these traits

We are convinced that CBD-rich varieties (auto and traditional) will be one of the important stories in the breeding world in the coming years

Alfred
15-08-13, 06:32 AM
"Avidekel" seeds (CBD-level ca 23-26 %) -where can to order ?

Master Poet
15-08-13, 07:53 AM
"Avidekel" seeds (CBD-level ca 23-26 %) -where can to order ?

Good luck getting those.

You could try calling Mossad.

NateHollywood
15-08-13, 08:16 AM
Siberian Ruderalis hybrids are proving to be the best for medical marijuana users looking for the highest CBD strains. Pure ruderalis has been shown to hold up to 22% CBD but only has about 1-3% THC. so thats why i say go for a hybrid, best of both worlds.

Ruderalis ~ A Misnomer
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?101953-Ruderalis-A-Misnomer