PDA

View Full Version : Best soil in UK?

constantsorrow
05-04-09, 09:31 AM
What is the best soil for growing weed in the UK?

I have been using mirical grow for the first week but i've been reading about it and decided i need to repot them with different soil. So what's the best brand? :help:

cheech&chong
05-04-09, 09:54 AM
i use "bio-bizz all mix" always had good results with it. but its not ideal for seedlings.

constantsorrow
05-04-09, 01:43 PM
i use "bio-bizz all mix" always had good results with it. but its not ideal for seedlings.

there isn't a growshop near me and this stuff expensive to post! is there any alternative i can get from a garden center?

THOMAS CHONG
05-04-09, 01:48 PM
yes go for something mulit puprose with added john innes somewhere like B&Q
tom

Judas
05-04-09, 04:40 PM
garden centers usually keep things like "Levingtons" john innes composts and other similar brands, keep an eye out for stuff like that. john innes number 2 would be your safest bet for established plants or hungry seedlings

GAMBINO
05-04-09, 05:48 PM
asda also do a premium soil with added john innes, 3 pound for 20 litres

constantsorrow
05-04-09, 06:54 PM
yea i've gone for john innes multi purpose mixed about 50/50 with perlite, i sivved the compost though it was filed with roots and other shit :toke:. i haven't pushed it down so it's filled with air and water should pass through. should i have pushed it down?

constantsorrow
05-04-09, 06:56 PM
by the way, i was using those small fiber posts which the roots grow through, however they got totally covered in mold so i through them out and used plastic pots. was worried about the mold getting to the roots or something. is mold like that bad for the roots?

Judas
05-04-09, 08:55 PM
i sivved the compost though it was filed with roots and other shit

Don't worry it's just organic matter used to make your compost :) Remember, these are living plants we're growing.. soil in the wild isn't sifted :D

however they got totally covered in mold so i through them out and used plastic pots. was worried about the mold getting to the roots or something. is mold like that bad for the roots?

Try to avoid all sorts of mold spores as they can lurk in your grow area and infect your buds when they are at their most vulnerable and humidity tends to want to be at its highest (during flowering)

best o luck