PDA

View Full Version : Plant magic cal mag- how long to use for?

blue-kay
23-05-13, 06:32 PM
I had a deficiency in my leaves and was told to use cal mag, I'm just wondering how long do I use this for? And also is this safe to mix with advanced nutrients sensi a+b and overdrive.

Advice appreciated :yeah mate:

Alzy
23-05-13, 06:35 PM
What's it say on the bottle????

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=92268

blue-kay
23-05-13, 07:15 PM
Doesn't say on the bottle the answer to my question

blue-kay
23-05-13, 07:18 PM
how long do I use this for? And also is this safe to mix with advanced nutrients sensi a+b and overdrive.

Advice appreciated :yeah mate:

Doesn't say on the bottle how many times you feed them and also doesn't say weather it's cool mixing with advanced nutrients.......

Bud Lightyear
23-05-13, 07:25 PM
Does it say on the bottle its suitable for foilar feeding ? If so that's the route i would be going down. don't have to worry about it messing with EC then and mixing with other nutes. A couple of treatments should do the trick.

Regards BL

B.A.BARACUS
23-05-13, 07:37 PM
You can Foliar Feed it at a rate of 2ml per litre spray just before lights out. In future if your prone to cal/mag I'd include in the feed once or twice throughout the grow..

Ps yes you can add with feed.. Just watch the ec levels..

Hope that helps a bit Mukka..

Alzy
23-05-13, 07:38 PM
All depends on what cal/mag you have bought.
A brand would have helped.
Advanced do there own cal/mag.

B.A.BARACUS
23-05-13, 07:39 PM

Look at the Heading Alzy lad.

Plant Magic Mukka.

blue-kay
23-05-13, 07:41 PM
I'm in flower so didn't want to risk foliar feeding, so I just gave 1ml per liter and gave them a drink of that with no nutrient or boost In, just wondering how many times I should feed and or If anyone finds this to be okay to use with AN products

greentoker
23-05-13, 07:44 PM
dont advanced say not to use calmag with there own nutes as they are designed for ro water?

blue-kay
23-05-13, 07:44 PM

Yup it's all in the post, also advanced don't do the cal mag yet as its a 2 part and there relaunching a 1 part instead but that's why I've had to buy the plant magic otherwise IDE of just Baught the an stuff hehe thanks though

blue-kay
23-05-13, 07:45 PM
You can Foliar Feed it at a rate of 2ml per litre spray just before lights out. In future if your prone to cal/mag I'd include in the feed once or twice throughout the grow..

Ps yes you can add with feed.. Just watch the ec levels..

Hope that helps a bit Mukka..
Thanks a lot mate

Alzy
23-05-13, 08:01 PM
Yup it's all in the post, also advanced don't do the cal mag yet as its a 2 part and there relaunching a 1 part instead but that's why I've had to buy the plant magic otherwise IDE of just Baught the an stuff hehe thanks though

No probs, I wasn't being sarky or anything.
If you have hard water than you will have more Mg defs than Ca. I use Epsom salts to combat Mg.
You can foliar feed it but I don't like spraying when in flower.

All the best

B.A.BARACUS
23-05-13, 08:05 PM
dont advanced say not to use calmag with there own nutes as they are designed for ro water?

Good Call Mukka... Don't know how true it is Like..

greentoker
23-05-13, 08:17 PM
Good Call Mukka... Don't know how true it is Like..

It defo was in there website I'll find it and post it altho not sure if it's only oh perfect sensi or normal one tho

blue-kay
23-05-13, 08:22 PM
Advanced on there website shows them selling it on the American website but not on opt he uk site, I've been to about 6 diff hydro shops and each one doesn't have it in stock, hammerhead is the same aswell none have that in stock something's bugged with that too, I think I remember a geezer in the shop saying it was crystallising in the bottle so they had to recall it.

blue-kay
23-05-13, 08:26 PM
As for the plant magic cal mag, I gave them a feed with just water yesterday and today I checked and the leaves are standing to attention a lot pointier than they were so they obviously loved it, sorry to keep pestering but it's confusing the shit out of me I think I may be over thinking it, doesn't help when I've had a smoke lol but shall I carry on feeding with it till the end (every feed) or shall I give them just 1 more feed mixed with mutes and then stop adding it.

B.A.BARACUS
23-05-13, 08:29 PM
It defo was in there website I'll find it and post it altho not sure if it's only oh perfect sensi or normal one tho

Not doubting you lad..

greentoker
23-05-13, 08:30 PM
Not doubting you lad..

Sound boycie boy I hate posting things without the back up lmfao

MrBotanical
03-01-15, 06:31 PM
No probs, I wasn't being sarky or anything.
If you have hard water than you will have more Mg defs than Ca. I use Epsom salts to combat Mg.
You can foliar feed it but I don't like spraying when in flower.

All the best

---

That's about the closest conclusion there is for me. I have hard water issues too. Hard water contains lots of calcium. Lots of calcium can lock out magnesium, as they're in competition with each other, and a lack of magnesium causes a whole load more issues. If you have hard water, it's probably not recommeneded to add any more calcium, as you're just adding to the hard water problem. Using Epson Salts on its own is probably the best choice for hard water mag deficiencies. My point being; make sure you actually have a calcium issue before adding more of it. If you just have magnesium issue, don't use cal-mag products.

reganlives
03-01-15, 06:59 PM
I use plant magic Cal mag. If you use it at 1ml per litre you'll be ok. Once you have fed a few times with Cal mag mixed into the feed then you can back off and use only once a week. I've never had any issues with it and following that schedule you'll be fine

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 2