Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need help with police matter

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,147 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    When you go to court, stand their all smug let them prattle on usual bollocks a bit, when its your turn to plead , go not guilty on the grounds you never been, seen or owned a car of that reg, im sure it will get slung out straight off. How can you be guilty of committing a crime in a car you never seen or heard of, not guilty man for sure. Dont say or phone squat till your day in court.
    Never tell the police feck all imo
    Super Lemon Haze and Tangerine Dream Growhttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ntored-by-FACE

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokesmanship For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (20-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Lemomhazin View Post
    the car was impounded tho and the misses had to go get it that night, theres no way of them checking that and finding the real registration number is there?
    Maybe. Perhaps even probably.*

Either they have the correct registration at the impound yard, and will be able to dig that up. Or, when the car was collected someone must surely have signed for it, and that document will probably have a registration number, which may be the one you're being charged with.

If I were you, I'd see a solicitor and ask their advice.

*How many non-committal phrases can I fit in one post, I wonder?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Lemomhazin (20-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,147 Times

Try one of those subject access reports.

Thanks

It's a plain & simple not guilty plea.

They have summoned you for driving a (different) car than you were in with no insurance. It's up to the police to prove that you were driving it, which you weren't.

Remember, you go to court to answer a specific charge, and you are not guilty of the charge to be answered - end of.

Dunno if they'll try again with the correct details at a later date but that is another matter...

It would be worth popping long to askmid.com which will provide the make & model of the car registration that you are summoned over

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elby For This Useful Post:

Lemomhazin (20-06-13), Rory Breaker (20-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Coppers spend too much time on paperwork and if they can't get that right their stuffed! That's what Mr loophole is so famous for, technicalities, dodgy paperwork etc, turn up in court as said earlier and keep schtum until it's your turn.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Lemomhazin (20-06-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKESMAN_SHIP View Post
    Whichever car the registration refers to will have an owner who will testify to the fact they never seen you in their puff.

Don't think it would make a difference if you were there or not for your plea. Just go to trial if/when you have to.

They ain't got a leg to stand on. Nothing to worry about me thinks mate.
    So do you reckon il be ok just sending in my plea with my written explanation and letting them decide whether to take me to trial or not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymiss View Post
    Maybe. Perhaps even probably.*

Either they have the correct registration at the impound yard, and will be able to dig that up. Or, when the car was collected someone must surely have signed for it, and that document will probably have a registration number, which may be the one you're being charged with.

If I were you, I'd see a solicitor and ask their advice.

*How many non-committal phrases can I fit in one post, I wonder?
    I'm really hoping they've fuckef things up on their side but ima gona get onto my solicitor first thing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elby View Post
    It's a plain & simple not guilty plea.

They have summoned you for driving a (different) car than you were in with no insurance. It's up to the police to prove that you were driving it, which you weren't.

Remember, you go to court to answer a specific charge, and you are not guilty of the charge to be answered - end of.

Dunno if they'll try again with the correct details at a later date but that is another matter...

It would be worth popping long to askmid.com which will provide the make & model of the car registration that you are summoned over
    Ha yh I really hope they don't do a take 2, that's the last thing I need
    And that site only told me the insurer of the vehicle however I do know it's registered up in Northampton and I'm
    Down in dirty London 😁

Thanks

I don't agree with every law in the land but in this case you're wrong.You commited a crime and as a man (assumption) you should stand up and take it on the chin.As a fellow motorist(who pays insurance) people who do what you did push up my premiums and as I struggle with bills even though I work 50+ hours a week this really pisses me off.If you hit my car I'm the one who loses out.Please don't take this as a personal attack but this really bugs me.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butch Roughlove For This Useful Post:

Bob2142 (20-06-13), Spiked (20-06-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    Coppers spend too much time on paperwork and if they can't get that right their stuffed! That's what Mr loophole is so famous for, technicalities, dodgy paperwork etc, turn up in court as said earlier and keep schtum until it's your turn.
    Do you reckon I should go to the hearing and plead their or send it the documents they've given me and just goto trial if I have to?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast