Thread: thc levels

Thanks

Default thc levels

hi all, im asking a question on behalf of my mate who has been growing critical kush, the same as me. his plant is at week 9 of flowering & when we compare results i have plenty of thc on my plant but my mate dosent. we both grow in bio soil & bio feeds his temps & humidity are very good. i have a 400w hps & he has 300w cfl. apart from different lights conditions the same im in a tent he has his in cupboard. is there any reason why he would not get the same thc levels as my plant ???

Thanks

it's the different lights which are causing the problem i think, your hps will make the buds tighter and probably conversely bigger/heavier too than a cfl would, he may be better of going for led over cfl
    Take my advice!!!... I never use it anyway...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to that420guy For This Useful Post:

STEVSTER (21-06-13)

mellowed Guest

I would put it down to the cfl not giving out as much uv as the hps.

The tricomes are only there to reflect the uv light away from the buds as its damaging to them.

Increase the uv light in your grow room and your tricome coverage will increase and decrease in a room with less uv light.

Could be time to change the bulb.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

Butch Roughlove (21-06-13), that420guy (21-06-13)

Thanks

Also if he is using daylight cfls they are better for veg. He needs a cooler spectrum for flowering