Thread: should i prune??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,129 Times

Default should i prune??

should i cut some of the larger leaves off that are blocking light to lower plant??

comments please guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day 29..JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	3973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day 29.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	3974  

Thanks

No way, Cuttign leaves off is a no no IMO, The leaves are what catch the energy for your plant, (Photosynthesis) I would never cut any leaves off unless they are burnt or dead. Your plants look healthy and don;t need any type of pruning. That's my opinion anyways

Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Thanks

I would disagree and say that you should take of some fan leaves if you need to. i.e. if you have particularly bushy growth and or an overcrowded room and need to increase light penetration and/or air flow.

However saying all of this - in this case, definately not. You are nowhere near overcrowding and your plants are not tall enough for the light not to be reaching to the lower leaves. Don't be overly worried about lower leaves turning yellow and dying, that is a natural process and just means the plant is looking for more nitrogen (grow feed). If you are not in flower (12/12 light regime yet) add a little more grow nutes (go easy though, less is always better than more)
    Work to live life. Don't live life to work!!!!!

Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Thanks

I,ve just taken another look at them pics and it looks like you are already on 12/12 (bud sites forming). In that case, do not add any more grow/nitrogen and up your bloom nutes and other bloom additives.

Monty Bong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by syanlar View Post
    I would disagree and say that you should take of some fan leaves if you need to. i.e. if you have particularly bushy growth and or an overcrowded room and need to increase light penetration and/or air flow.
    Just to be awkward lol I disagree, I try my utmost not to cut anything off..(unless i'm taking cuts). The way I see it is colas are predominantly made up of calyxs and pistals, neither of which photosynthesis, that's the fan leaves job, so by cutting them off all you are doing is reducing the plants power source. In my opinion it's much better to leave them on until they yellow and fall off.

Just my tuppence

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Although I don't disagree with you Monty, I think they should be left to choose which leaves they don't like themselves too but thinkin about it.. in the wild, if they're too close together, they'll fight for roots and end up small anywho, but at least they won't be shading each others' leaves so much.... They prefer to be grown apart. If you're taking control of one element(eg, making sure the roots do their job) but still keeping the plants closer together than they woudl be able to cope with in the wild, maybe it's sensible to make a few chops to ensure light reaches your plants equally.

But.......

then, when the plants bud up, they thin down naturally, and mayyybbee that's a mechanism for themselves to let their bigger leaves, and their neighbours, pick up the optimum amount of sunn..

I should ahve stopped typing this a while ago.. I skipped the 'neatening up' phase between the actual thoughts and writing but im sure the point will be among there somewhere... my eyes are hurting too much to read it all again.. bongsmoke inda eye

Someone! make some sense of my stoned ramblins!

then have a bong

Monty Bong Guest

interesting theory Ectox, I'll cogitate on it for while cos i'm stoned too.

Thanks

What we talking about again.....?

Oh yeah leave the leaves on, haha, they are the plants engine room, clear fallen ones off the top of your soil, but leave (leaf lol) all else. Unless ur scrogging, but as your not, forget it...

Man this stash just gets better and better with age....And you guys say ur stoned, I havent sobered up since 1982