Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: building a still

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

It's hard to say it's high anything till it's tested, you can get a good idea from smoking/eating it, buts it's not a fool proof. I've seen the lab results from the "high CBD Cannatonic" and really, only one pip out of 19 was high CBD. One even tested 26%THC with very little CBD.

If you want to take a high THC oil without so much of the trippyness pop one of these half hour before the oil, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Swanson-Ultr...rds=citicoline

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here ya go, now I'd say a cut from plant #6 is a high CBD plant but if you where to buy a pack of seeds your chance of finding that plant aint going to happen.

Back on subject, Your rice cooker has a hole in the lid so it shouldn't be hard to fit a worm and make a still out of it, bonus having a glass lid too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (23-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by duke1 View Post
    i suppose its a colector condenser really as im not actually distiling.
    I reckon you're right, and I reckon that you should be able to pick up some laboratory glassware to do the job.

Alternatively, how about getting some small-bore/microbore copper tube, wrapping it around a cylindrical former of some sort, and putting it in a bucket of cold water?

Hmm... How to collect the distillate?

A quick stab at a sketch of how I imagine the tube might exit the bucket:

its not illegal to operate a still for personal use,as long as you dont sell any of the product you can do it legal
    It's illegal to operate a still in the UK, for personal use or otherwise.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (23-06-13)

Thanks

I guess that depends what your distilling?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
    I guess that depends what your distilling?
    Possibly. It could be that distilling isopropanol, for instance, is legal and it's just ethanol that's illegal.

Or perhaps the law is based not just on the substance being produced but also on the fact that running a still is potentially very dangerous for everyone in the immediate vicinity (such as the neighbours)?
    Last edited by Anonymiss; 23-06-13 at 05:56 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (23-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,034 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymiss View Post
    I reckon you're right, and I reckon that you should be able to pick up some laboratory glassware to do the job.

Alternatively, how about getting some small-bore/microbore copper tube, wrapping it around a cylindrical former of some sort, and putting it in a bucket of cold water?

Hmm... How to collect the distillate?

A quick stab at a sketch of how I imagine the tube might exit the bucket:

It's illegal to operate a still in the UK, for personal use or otherwise.
    Why would it be illegal ?? So ANY liquid that's distilled would be illegal ? If this where so you wouldn't be able to buy the equipment ? Or conduct any scientific experiments involving chemistry as getting the purest form of a liquid substance would be distilled .Or buy things like Vodka . But I Surpose there's lots of stupid "laws" that are simply ignored like a state in America (sorry forget the state) where its ILLEGAL to kiss a man with a moustache !!
    My first Grow -https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tealth-Drawers -Finnished Was updated daily and loads of pics

2nd Grow - Blue Mystic - 600w HPS Cupboard Groom https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...as-Blue-Mistic Finnished

3rd & 4th GrowFruit Spirit & Dinachem https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-(fem)-in-Soil

5th Grow Pineapple Kush & Somango XL (Current) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Seeds-in-Soil

Thanks

So, I looked it up!

The Spirits Regulations 1991 state...

"These Regulations apply to the manufacture of spirits by any process, except where by their nature or context they apply only to the manufacture of spirits by distillation of a fermented liquor."

I can't determine whether 'spirits' applies solely in the context of 'alcoholic beverages', but I'm under the impression that it covers things like distilling alcohol for use as fuel.

Anyway, it goes on to state that to run a still, that still must be approved:

"4. — (1) Before a distiller manufactures spirits he shall make written application to the officer for approval of the plant and processes he intends to use.

(2) Any application made under paragraph (1) above shall be accompanied by a description of the processes referred to in it, and a drawing, model or description distinctly showing the course, construction and use of all the plant referred to in it, together with such additional information as the Commissioners may require.

(3) No distiller shall begin to manufacture spirits until he has received the approval of the Commissioners of the plant and processes referred to in his application under paragraph (1) above, and any such approval may be given subject to conditions.

(4) The Commissioners may for reasonable cause at any time vary or add to any conditions imposed on the approval of any plant or process, or withdraw any such approval."

The regulations are here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1.../contents/made

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

jumpon (24-06-13)

Thanks

Regulations aren't law ? So hold no weight , Hence why I can buy a disillery for places like eBay

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalkillshot5 View Post
    Regulations aren't law ?
    Semantics, I think.

I suppose that the law will along the lines of, it's illegal to operate a still without complying with the regulations.

So hold no weight
    I wouldn't like to test that.

Hence why I can buy a disillery for places like eBay
    A still can be used for many things that aren't 'spirits', such as water or essential oils.

Thanks

Well not really semantics if I had a still and the police came and for some unknown weird reason they wanted to up hold this regulation which would be possible if I was making vodka and poisoned a few people lol then yes it would be a criminal matter .
    But if it was for my own use and my drink was relatively safe(alcohol is a dangerous drug) I would be fine and the police would be more interested in how it worked etc rather than charging me .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast