Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aquafarm v coco.Pros and cons please

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times
    Provided Answers: 31

Default Answered: Aquafarm v coco.Pros and cons please

Hi everyone,im sitting at home bored outa ma crust, cos its pissin it down outside.
    I was having a thought about different types of growing techniques for the future, basically coco and aquafarms.
    i have only grown in soil,, and know that bigger yeilds are possible with coco and hydro.

I like the look of aquafarms, esp. after seeing grandads outstanding bumper crops.
    I am basically wondering which is better for growing in, between coco and aqua farms, yeild wise, or is there not much in it?
    Coco looks simple,and the only down side i can see is with having to get rid of run off water, and testing the PH and EC every day when watering.
    Aqua looks to be less hassle as you would (i presume) only change the reserviour every week or so.

Whats your thoughts on the benefits of each, from those who have used both systems?

Also willing to listen to thoughts on NFT, autopots, wilmas and DWC

Cheers BBBB
    Last edited by bigbadbillybob; 23-06-13 at 02:43 PM.

2. "The only hydro that will kick cocos arse is dwc....... Imo

Cocos far more forgiving and less faf.

If i did not have kids etc i would probs run a farm but coco/ autopot style is so easy its unreal. I fill the res set ph and ec and never look at it again till its empty.

I could not be bothered pissing out setting the ec and ph everyday.

But if you nail it in dwc the rewards are there to see.... esp g unit 34 oz of one plant is epic.

MT

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times
    Provided Answers: 222

for me , hydro will kick ass if you get it right , but theres plenty different ways of looking at things, coco will be far more forgiving especially in summer when you struggle with rez temps, i,ve not grown in coco but i,ve seen a few shit hot runs with it

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (23-06-13), mc6pack (23-06-13), umbongo (14-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,472 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

The only hydro that will kick cocos arse is dwc....... Imo

Cocos far more forgiving and less faf.

If i did not have kids etc i would probs run a farm but coco/ autopot style is so easy its unreal. I fill the res set ph and ec and never look at it again till its empty.

I could not be bothered pissing out setting the ec and ph everyday.

But if you nail it in dwc the rewards are there to see.... esp g unit 34 oz of one plant is epic.

MT

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Claymorrow For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (23-06-13)

jimmi420 Guest

They will both produce same ammount of bud, its just one method may take a week or 2 longer to produce it, but one method more advantages than the possible disadvantages the other may have. So to me its worth the week or 2 extra time waiting, coco it is for me.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (23-06-13), Claymorrow (23-06-13), mc6pack (23-06-13)

Thanks

I haven't seen the same yields with coco as a farm? Those monsters look ridiculous in some of the forums growers diary's. I've done my last 3 in coco after soil and the results have been good but I think that can be beaten with a farm..

Thanks

I got 16 off of 8 cheese in a 1m tent.. I think you could do that with 1 farm

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,472 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Fragment View Post
    I haven't seen the same yields with coco as a farm? Those monsters look ridiculous in some of the forums growers diary's. I've done my last 3 in coco after soil and the results have been good but I think that can be beaten with a farm..
    Seen jimmys diary or faces ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Claymorrow For This Useful Post:

FACE (23-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times
    Provided Answers: 112

Quote Originally Posted by Fragment View Post
    I got 16 off of 8 cheese in a 1m tent.. I think you could do that with 1 farm
    A got 16 oz of 1 plant in a 10 litre pot of coco so its easy enough done with the right strain and conditions perfect in your groom
    Ec was never higher than 1.6

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (23-06-13), Claymorrow (23-06-13), Murdock (23-06-13)

Thanks

Face that is crazy. Mine were in 11l pots.. Conditions spot on throughout the grow fed the full Field Marshall range only hit 2 per plant. 600w lamp. I don't see how I only got 16

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fragment For This Useful Post:

FACE (23-06-13)

jimmi420 Guest

Its space x light = yield and not X ammount of plants x light = yield, your space will only produce so much bud no matter how many plants you got, so in theory, 1 plant in the same space as 4 will give the same back, with xtra vegging and training.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

FACE (23-06-13), Fragment (23-06-13), Murdock (23-06-13)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast