Thread: How much light to flower a male ?

1. Default How much light to flower a male ?

As Thread Title.

Will household white CFLs do it ?

Do we have to consider 'quality' when it comes to pollen ?
    "People say 'well you can abuse marijuana' well shit you can abuse cheeseburgers too! You know? But we're not going around closing burger king, because you can abuse something. I can take a fuckin' fork and jam it into my eyeball, does that mean forks should be illegal? I can jump off a bridge should we outlaw bridges? Let's nerf the world."-Joe Rogan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-LMeKlk2HY

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mc6pack For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (27-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,188 Times

i used my 250w cfl red spectrum, worked a treat... collected the pollen in a screw tight tub with some silica gel to absorb wat ever moister was left in the pollen, its been in the fridge for 2 days, gonna throw it in2 the freezer tomorrow... but the cfl your talking about should do fine.....good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Special Branch For This Useful Post:

mc6pack (26-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

Keep in mind, you can only flower a male once. So if you want to grow it again take clones before flower. It depends on the setup as well and how well you can reflect/contain light.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Not definitive by any stretch, but I would have thought you'd treat them the same as a flowering lady. Ie: Use a warm (or mix of both warm and daylight) spec light for flowering as they'd be experiencing the same light patterns in the wild so to speak.? But. as you probably only want a little pollen to use, then a cfl would be an efficient use of light as it should produce enough of the creamy powder?

I did read somewhere though that the 'potency' of plants,over or under the 'average' for that strain, is set in the first few weeks of growth? as a reaction to the environment they're going to be growing in Which may mean, for indoors growers at least, that a bit of playing with spectrums and intensities at this stage could have a positive effect in final quality/potency, be it male or female. Ie, sticking a uvb in there may cause a thc increase as the pre-cursor to how much protection the plants needs against the light when it starts flowering?

All theoretical and subjective though, but good enough to get the old grey cells ticking over

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

mc6pack (27-06-13)