Thread: Whats your drying technique?

Thanks

Default Whats your drying technique?

Hey! the basic purpose of this thread is to hear of other peoples drying techniques and see if i can learn a trick or two.

Firstly i will explain how i dry it, then if you have any tips/tricks theyd be appreciated!

So, as it stands;

I chop the plants, remove as much leaf as possible and then hang them upside down on something like this inside my grow tent .. http://www.lakeland.co.uk/23178/4-Tier-Concentina-Airer

I have a 10inch fan on the lowest setting facing away from the hanging buds and i have my extraction filter running 24/7. usually leave it around 5/6 days then take it out!

Any tips on how to improve drying qaulity or how to get the excess leaf left on the buds to curl into the buds and make them tight?

All feedback appreciated.

Thanks

loving the link I might try that!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Humph For This Useful Post:

tlh2496 (24-10-13)

nuube Guest

Depends on time of year, condition of the plant and what I am growing.

If I am doing multi-strain and harvesting different plants at different times and the veg cupboard is going I use a cardboard box above my lights. I use my veg cab with 24/7 extraction and a fan going below the hanging buds. Buds are on branches. Leave til quite dry to touch the outside then jar.

If the bud had a touch of mould I dry them above the lights as quick as possible after removing any mould and surrounding areas. Dry harsh bud is better than none.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nuube For This Useful Post:

rottdog1975 (28-07-13)

trumptummy Guest

Give them a trim, hang 'em up until the stems snap then whack it in jars. Stick a little pc fan in there if I got one spare but not always.

jimmi420 Guest

Hang and dry in the dark with a oscilating fan on for a week or so.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (18-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

20c for me normally about 7 days for snap dry stems... Plenty of fresh air coming through the area with carbon filter & fan still activated..

Do that & Roberts your mothers brother

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (18-08-13), tlh2496 (24-10-13), yoitsme123 (27-08-13)

Germanator Guest

well i will let you know when i get there.
    however the plan of action is hang it in grow tent, light out, carbon-filter/fan - active, intake - active occolating fan - active... dry for 4-5 day and see if the branch snaps instead of bends, if needs be another day or 2 drying, then stick em in jars and let the curing begin

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Germanator For This Useful Post: