Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tay's In & Out 2009

ME SMOKEM Guest

very nice looking forward to seeing the lemon and the LSD ..PEACE

Monty Bong Guest

Nice one Tay, air layering is an interesting technique, I reckon the method could easily take at least 2 maybe 3 weeks off a run, but I haven't seen anyone do it successfully on a grow forum. I'll be watching with interest, good luck with it.

Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syanlar View Post
    The nute strength of all mix is up and down like a yo-yo mate. Sometimes it's good, sometimes bad, sometimes you get both in the same sack.

Bio-Bizz soils are not the best anymore. You are better off using plagron batmix or some good all purpose compost with added john innes no.3
    That's the best way mate. Make your own. I normally use a cheap, general purpose compost. When I say cheap I mean the best (within reason) that the local garden centre has to offer that has added John Innes no.3 and a qtr perlite. Even though it is the best the garden centre has to offer (3 x 75ltrs for £10) it is still approx. 1/3 of the price of plagron/bio bizz ready made soils even with the added perlite.
    Work to live life. Don't live life to work!!!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

howdy ho today i've been out enjoying this nice weather we're having. trecked about a mile up my local hill range, off the tracks and through the thick stuff found a couple of nice clearings in amongst the sticks and a couple of sites that have made it to my 'yes' list. if it's nice tomoro i think ill head out in the opposite direction to another one of my 'maybe' areas and see if i can find a couple more definite sites.

my camera died after like 2 shots so most of these are taken with mine & the missus' phones...

there's loads of stuff like this growing around the place, anyone know if this means the dirt is suited to weed or not?

site #1: may look a bit open but it's so far away from anything and is about 40° southern facing. only problem is getting up there often... it's quite tricky.

site #2: this is more like it... lotts more cover and far from any paths or tracks. a bit easier to find aswell.

site #3: quite near site 2, this place gets pretty thick during the summer so i'll need to get the ol machette out you'll notice in the background that i have quite a big play area... there's about 10 miles of southern facing hill front around here, i'll need to write some notes or something to keep a good memory of the locations.

i chucked a bit of my soil mix down here... there's quite a few rocks in there but i could get down nice and deep with little effort

there were a few other 'maybe' spots along the way. it's quite a journey from my house but at least it's a nice scenic walk. so what do you guys think of these sites?

on an other note... so far 2 of 6 purple satins have sprouted. and to date thats a 0/8 germ rate from those superlime shiters that i got free. not too bothered about that. going to stick 4 blue shark and 5 mazar-i-sharif in the airing cupboard with my sun flower seeds in a minute.

ME SMOKEM Guest

looks good ..very beautiful country ..nice werk m8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ME SMOKEM View Post
    very nice looking forward to seeing the lemon and the LSD ..PEACE
    hey, cheers man. i can't wait to get the lsd out there, i have a feeling it'll do well. i'm just hoping the amnesia lemon will finish. says mid-late sept on the pack... we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Bong View Post
    Nice one Tay, air layering is an interesting technique, I reckon the method could easily take at least 2 maybe 3 weeks off a run, but I haven't seen anyone do it successfully on a grow forum. I'll be watching with interest, good luck with it.
    cheers monty, by the looks of things ill probly need that luck if i don't get any joy from the chillies, one of your diaries will be my first stop to follow one of your mini cloning guides you seem to get a great success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by syanlar View Post
    That's the best way mate. Make your own. I normally use a cheap, general purpose compost. When I say cheap I mean the best (within reason) that the local garden centre has to offer that has added John Innes no.3 and a qtr perlite. Even though it is the best the garden centre has to offer (3 x 75ltrs for £10) it is still approx. 1/3 of the price of plagron/bio bizz ready made soils even with the added perlite.
    yeah, it's levington with added john innes. seems your 3 75ltr for a tenner shits on my garden centers deal tho!! next on my list is another bag of perlite and some bat guano then i think i'll be pretty much sorted. do you use any liquid ferts at all or do you just rely on your soil mix? i've been using canna terra indoors for a while but i'm thinking i'd rather go completely organic outdoors.

cheers for taking a peek dudes, hopefully see yous back here soon

Thanks

here's an update folks:

i decided to take the durban poison out.

i just cut the top off a 2ltr bottle and taped it onto the pot, slung it in my bag and i was off.

this is half way up that hill in the site#2 pics.

the ground wasn't as great as i was hoping... very rocky ontop. as well as that, the second i left the house it started pissing down so i got nice n muddy in the process. anyway, i dug nice n deep to get past the rocks then i realised i hadn't brought enough soil mix to fill the hole back to the top. so i chucked some rocks ontop for now and i'll be heading up to pack a bit more in tomoro. i noticed about 100 slugs while i was up there too hope the egg shells i scattered help, i'll probly take some copper wire with me tomoro.

anyway, back indoors, here's whats in my grow space atm:

4 purple satin

biggest satin

wee auto ak

slightly bigger ak

amnesia lemon

LSD

sunflowers x3

btw i've not taken any pics yet but the air layering on the chillies was a nice big fail lol the stems suffered a bit of rot> no roots what so ever! here's a little excerpt from a pm i received from bonsaiman on the matter...

Anyway, just reading your ambition to air layer, something I do regularly with my little trees. This is a technique which only works on woody plants - they need to be woody on the inside as well as out, otherwise the moist, airtight compost will rot your stem
    seems he got it spot on there. i wouldn't mind seeing more evidence of it working on mj if anyone has it but by the looks of things i'll be using the more traditional cloning technique in this diary.

anyway feel free to comment

Thanks

Sweet diary you got going here Tay dude !

Look forward to seeing it progress
    "Its dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.''

Thanks

Loving it Tay, some quality photography and gorgeous shots. Hope the weather gets a bit drier for you.
    'Everyday a fishing day, not everyday a catching day'

Diesel Ryder 250W- CFL Completed

Its all fake, I got it somewhere don't remember. I'm a very insincere person.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Sweet diary you got going here Tay dude !

Look forward to seeing it progress
    hey ironlung, cheers for poppin in man. since i finally got something out today, i can't wait to see what happens! hope the slugs go easy on me

Quote Originally Posted by CBD View Post
    Loving it Tay, some quality photography and gorgeous shots. Hope the weather gets a bit drier for you.
    cheers cbd, mrs tay likes to do her fair share of the photography too so cheers from both of us weathers ment to pick up a bit tomoro so my spirits are resonably high

thanks for the kind words dudes

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast