Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Best Soil

mellowed Guest

Surely they have Plagron, canna, bio bizz ect over the pond?

Ive been lazy an not read the whole thread.
    But

Dont shoot me you old school growers.....an yeah ive changed. Only a bit though.

But I do know there is a miracle grow over there with a ph of 6.6 but cant remember what its called. They have it over here but I cant find it in b&q but I do have a mate who used it for two plants outside.......slh an looked really nice. Anyway I think she may still have the bag so will find out for ya what it is called.

Edit. Please tell me you have googled this though?:what:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,305 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Savage View Post
    Plagron Batmix ph 6.5-7.5 excellent soil
    +100

their lighter mix is also excellent depending on feed requirements.

mellowed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Swilly View Post
    +100

their lighter mix is also excellent depending on feed requirements.
    +1000.

Simply pot up slightly when it looks hungry an shes fine until well into flower.

Was the first plant in soil that I got to flushing with nice green leaves.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

Update, comparison test between the verve grow your own bag and the Bio bizz allmix, (both with 20% perlite ) showed a difference in yeild of about 10 grams, which was like 150g to 140g or therabouts.
    Would i use it again? NO, because i got thrips, which could only have come from the soil, cos the groom was sterlie before i started.
    Probably from the bags lying outside .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Lil Sindigo (06-11-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymiss View Post
    Currently, J Arthur Bowers Seed & Cutting compost. Previously, Levington's Seed & Cutting compost. I use them all the way through from seed to flower.

They are both very open and free-draining, which provides good oxygenation of the root zone and allows frequent watering, and they have a low nutrient content. which allows me to start feeding earlier and allows more control. The J Arthur Bowers seems to a bit sandier and less fibrous than the Levington's, but I've had good results with both.

If I can't get those then I'll try pretty much any seed and cutting compost, and will try to avoid any of the John Innes mud/loam products.
    Just wondering if i can pick your brains, just about to get my second grow on and i'm using the j arthur bowers. just wondering when u start to feed and what?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ineedbud View Post
    Just wondering if i can pick your brains, just about to get my second grow on and i'm using the j arthur bowers. just wondering when u start to feed and what?
    When they look like they need it

It partly depends on how fast they grow and how long ago they were re-potted. When they're little they don't seem to need it until they outgrow their first pots (3" or 3.5"). After that, maybe a week to a fortnight, and possibly not at all whilst they are still in their intermediate (non-final) pots.

I find that the loose structure of the compost helps to develop a good root system, so they get new pots a few times (three, mostly), and sometimes before the above-ground parts show any signs of wanting it.

I use Phostrogen, which is cheap and cheerful, has a good range of trace elements (I've never seen an obvious deficiency in the plants), and is easily available. I start with about half a gram of nutrients per litre of water, and gradually increase as and when required ('full strength', going by the packet, seems to be about 2 grams per litre).

Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (07-11-13)

Thanks

thanks for your response, much appreciated. im on autos atm so just keeping in the same pot through...will get a look at that feed and see what's what

Classified under the secret services act 1994
    Thanks

Having good results with both Westlands multi purpose, the one in the blue bag and also B&Q Verve but not their organic one, the one in the pink bag with peat. All my plants in the Verve have been healthy! and I'v not used any Veg food at since I started using both the Verve and the Westlands.
    They both hold water well whilst not getting water-logged. The Verve stuff feels and acts very much like fine coco. Think I'm going to stick with the Westlands though. I find the cheap stuff goes down hill in regards to consistency very quickly! used to love the J.Aurther Bowers multi-purpose stuff then a year or two ago the price went up and the quality down! Had bags that smelt like sewage with bits of metal and all sorts!

Thanks

I was thinking of either this....50L Canna Terra Professional Soil Product Details:
    Your favourite plants grow best in a good nitrogen-rich soil and Canna Terra Professional provides just such a growing medium. It contains a blend of soil, compost, perlite, worm castings and a special 'plant booster' consisting of blended organic ingredients. If you are going to grow in soil, Canna Terra Professional is the best basic soil on the market.

High value organic ingredients like peat moss and tree bark are components of Terra Professional. These have the effect of promoting exceptional rootzone development and the formation of sturdier and thicker stems, while increased metabolism ensures an exceptional harvest.

Canna Terra Professional is a very versatile soil as it comes only lightly fertilized with an EC of 1.2 and because it has a complete nutrient feeding schedule available in the form of the Canna Terra range of nutrients. Terra professional is not a 100% organic soil and neither are their nutrients (although they contain some nice organic components).

Or this.....50L Canna Terra Professional Plus Soil Product Details:
    50L Canna Terra Professional Plus is a custom soil created to be the purest possible soil mix available. Canna Professional Plus is specifically for indoor, growing situations and is an advanced mix of Canna Terra professional that incorporates better aeration properties and additional nutrient elements.

Canna Terra Professional Plus includes high value organic ingredients such as peat moss and types of bark that have an antiseptic action, these elements result in promoting exceptional root growth and the formation of thicker, more vigorous stems and branches, while increased metabolism ensures an exceptional yield.

Canna Terra Professional plus is very versatile as it comes only lightly fertilized with an EC of 1.2 and because it has a complete nutrient feeding schedule available in the form of the Canna Terra range of nutrients.

What are your thoughts folks?

Peace

Thanks

I'm currently testing out some soil that you can only buy at my local grow shop and Apparently you don't need to pH it or add any feed. During veg all that is needs is water from the tap and the soil is self balancing. During flower he sells 2 litres of feed for £10. 5ml of this is needed per litre of water and your done. Now at first I was sceptical but I have now seen the results! The plants grown in this soil have been perfectly healthy from start! The two plants in have in bio biz are Ok but don't look anywhere near as healthy as the others. Plus the plants in the bio need a lot more looking after and nutes etc.

Here is pictures of lemon haze and moby dick in biobiz.

And here are pictures of cheese and skunk grown in the other soil

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sblexus1 For This Useful Post:

Owain Glyn Ganja (14-12-13), THE DUDE ABIDES (14-12-13)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast