Thread: Medical MJ for Dogs

Sheila Guest

Default Medical MJ for Dogs

Just wanted to share in case it could help someone else.

I have a friend that has a dog that started having seizures. This person is opposed to vet meds and after some research etc decided to try MJ to control them.

We have been making dog treats out of oatmeal, peanut butter and MJ. So far 2 weeks seizure free. He was having multiple seizures each day so he's making progress.

I used a no bake recipe as to not activate the THC. He also wouldn't eat regular bud so we had to mask the taste.

1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 1/4 C to 1 1/2 C Oats
    7 grams MJ

Grind MJ and mix well into Peanut Butter. Add oats.
    Mixture will be sticky.
    Divide mixture and roll into small balls. This should make around 20 treats.
    Once rolled up roll the ball on a plate of oats to coat it so that it isn't sticky.
    ( I add a piece of bacon dog treat to the top)

Set in Freezer and store in Fridge.

This dog weighs about 50 pounds or so. 1 treat a day (1/3 gram) is what he has been eating.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sheila For This Useful Post:

Alterego420 (26-07-13), breakitdownrollitup (26-07-13), Koncept (26-07-13), Lil Sindigo (26-07-13), VMAX (26-07-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

That's awesome Sheila, thanks for sharing. I have a friend who's dog has seizures, we tried some oil last year and he went 34 days free, Honestly I don't know why she stopped using the oil because now she has to pay a fortune for pills from the US that are ruining his liver and still don't work. She knows where I am if she want to try again, I may send her your story. I take it the dog isn't at all stoned?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,156 Times

That's pretty cool.

And no they're not high because it wasn't baked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to breakitdownrollitup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

It's still possible to be stoned on none activated weed, I've done it many times eating bubble hash, not as strong granted but still stoned.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

Koncept (26-07-13), The Cheese Lover (26-07-13)

Thanks

Great post. Will help a few people I know with dogs

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Koncept For This Useful Post:

Sheila Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
    That's awesome Sheila, thanks for sharing. I have a friend who's dog has seizures, we tried some oil last year and he went 34 days free, Honestly I don't know why she stopped using the oil because now she has to pay a fortune for pills from the US that are ruining his liver and still don't work. She knows where I am if she want to try again, I may send her your story. I take it the dog isn't at all stoned?
    She says he hasn't been stoned or high at all. He just is his former, normal happy self. He's a boxer and pretty high energy. She was really open to doing this because her husband got off of narcotic pain pills after 3 years by using MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by breakitdownrollitup View Post
    That's pretty cool.

And no they're not high because it wasn't baked.

He shouldn't get high because in theory the THC is not activated. I am no expert on this but I have eaten raw bud countless times and only felt high one time. We thought it would be the best choice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheila For This Useful Post:

VMAX (26-07-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,156 Times

Definitely the best choice. Any pill or shot from a vet and you really don't know what you're giving to your animal.

Marijuana is just a natural herb and the safest medicine.

Last edited by breakitdownrollitup; 26-07-13 at 03:53 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to breakitdownrollitup For This Useful Post: