Thread: clones,

Germanator Guest

Question Answered: clones,

* When do you need to add the scrog/remove it.
    * When is the latest stage you are able to take a clones of your plant.

* also the last question needs some more of an explanation and it links in with the 2nd question, so here we go...
    I am planning on taking clones of my plant so I can get a faster crop cycle going, the thing is I I will be using my grow tent to dry my weed is there any kind of way starting the clones without them having to be stuck in a dark growtent?

I was thinking if at the time i have the money granted, about getting a small BudBox 75 x 75 x 100cm, and just add some LED'S for it to grow till the grow tent is ready. correct me if I am wrong, but the plants dont tent to smell till flowering stage, so i could get away with not having an extractor fan and carbon filter in the BudBox,

2. "clones can be taken at anytime but if taken from a flowering plant they will take longer to root/reveg the later into flower the longer it takes imo ,..... can't you rig up a lil clone box with cfls as they don't need loads of light just yet , that way you still got drying space ... strain dependent plants will stink in veg or not ,I always have carbon filter on you won't know if its a stinker in veg until you've grown it"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,811 Times
    Provided Answers: 9

Imo they always smell, worse during flowering but certain strains have heavy aromas even in veg.
    Read the novice section, all your questions have been answered tenfold there already

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times
    Provided Answers: 49

clones can be taken at anytime but if taken from a flowering plant they will take longer to root/reveg the later into flower the longer it takes imo ,..... can't you rig up a lil clone box with cfls as they don't need loads of light just yet , that way you still got drying space ... strain dependent plants will stink in veg or not ,I always have carbon filter on you won't know if its a stinker in veg until you've grown it

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times
    Provided Answers: 25

Check the link in my sig, saving clones. may be of some help to you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

During the preflower stretch is the best time to take clones if I'm to believe what I've read here

Germanator Guest

thing is am i am looking to taking the clones maybe one or 2 weeks before harvesting

Germanator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
    Check the link in my sig, saving clones. may be of some help to you.
    thanks helped a lot like

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlauLicht91 View Post
    thing is am i am looking to taking the clones maybe one or 2 weeks before harvesting
    They'll need a while to reveg and root, and then you have to veg them for a couple of weeks before you can flower them.
    Better to take them right at the start of flower and you'll have (strain dependant) a good 8 weeks to root and veg before your flowering plants are done.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,965 Times
    Provided Answers: 112

Quote Originally Posted by BlauLicht91 View Post
    It will take 7-?? Days For the clones to root and then to revert back to veg again when potted will take 2-3 weeks again.
    So your looking at a month minimum to get them back to normal.
    I don't use a separate tent anymore, just my prop and a light ontop.
    The link below to my current grow I have had to use clones that were taken in flower and there just coming back to producing 5fingered leaves and growing upwards.
    Don't forget you need a fan to extract air and a circulating fan for another tent so more expense.

ATB

🐸
    Check out the scrog
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=100889