Thread: Is water from a condenser clothes dryer usable?

Thanks

Default Answered: Is water from a condenser clothes dryer usable?

Hi guys,
    I have a clothes dryer that condenses the water from the wet clothes. Is this safe to use on plants?
    Thanks
    Ed

2. "Fair play to you thinking outside the box, but I wouldn't risk it.

Is your water THAT hard that you can't use it? EC is the measurement of how many dissolved nutrients your water has it in. If you live in a hard water area, you'll have a higher EC out the tap, than someone that lives in a soft water area.

Buy/Borrow an EC meter and see what your tap water's is."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eduardoyclaudia8791 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a clothes dryer that condenses the water from the wet clothes. Is this safe to use on plants?
    Thanks
    Ed

Is that a joke ?

Thanks

Nope. Isn't it the same as distilled water?

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 8

In a way I get what you mean but won't the clothes have chemicals in from the washing machine? PH|EC before and after see what happens

Thanks

Thanks for your suggestion. What is EC? I have to use mineral water on my plants as I live in a large city and just wondered if there might be any way to cut costs. Mineral water is expensive in my country.

Doubie Guest

Fair play to you thinking outside the box, but I wouldn't risk it.

Is your water THAT hard that you can't use it? EC is the measurement of how many dissolved nutrients your water has it in. If you live in a hard water area, you'll have a higher EC out the tap, than someone that lives in a soft water area.

Buy/Borrow an EC meter and see what your tap water's is.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doubie For This Useful Post:

eduardoyclaudia8791 (31-07-13)

Thanks

Thanks Doubie. The water we have hear is largely undrinkable so I wouldn't risk giving it to my plants. I'll stick with paying for mineral water.
    Peace.
    Ed

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times
    Provided Answers: 187

Quote Originally Posted by eduardoyclaudia8791 View Post
    Would you drink it?

Personally, I think it's probably OK to use on plants, but I might test it on just one (and a non-cannabis one, at that) first to find out.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

eduardoyclaudia8791 (31-07-13)

Thanks

you must use RO system to refine your dryer water at least contains : 1 pp filter,1 Granular carbon , 1 Carbon block and 1 membrane ( use Filmtech membrane it's good) . store your water and pump it into your water refinery system.but first calculate its cost but if you do that you can drink it's water.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mmg For This Useful Post:

Doubie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mmg View Post
    you must use RO system to refine your dryer water at least contains : 1 pp filter,1 Granular carbon , 1 Carbon block and 1 membrane ( use Filmtech membrane it's good) . store your water and pump it into your water refinery system.but first calculate its cost but if you do that you can drink it's water.
    Now that's the kinda answer you were after! Nice info..... !